Terpsnpurps very 1st grow thread. šŸŖ“

Light degrades the trichomes etcā€¦ and is probably bad for the bacteria during curingā€¦ thats just a dumb guess

2 Likes

Sounds logical.
I honestly dont know if there is any benefit. I have always done it like that and have zero experience drying in bright light. Much like most of the stuff i say hereā€¦ Its either what was taught to me by master growers, or tried and works for me.
I always say, each grower should find his own methods. Because sometimes, for some reason, what works for one guy might not work so well for another guy. Make sense?

4 Likes

Oh yeahā€¦ for sureā€¦ oj said the same thingā€¦ each falls into their own after the basics etcā€¦
And not necessary just 1 style eitherā€¦ @BigMike55

3 Likes

GOODMORNING Terp n Co hope everyone is having a great morning so far

2 Likes

8 Likes

Morning brother TnP

2 Likes

Morning Mike :potted_plant:

1 Like

I fed em a veg feed for the 1st time yesterdayā€¦ looks like i didnt overdo it like i usually doā€¦ so thats promisingā€¦

3 Likes

Lolā€¦ i never ever knew thisā€¦ did any of you?
@Oldjoints @BigMike55 @JohnnyPotseed @Gadarien @Smooth @BTYGMO @MrHamilton @Papalag @percyryan66 @PatHealy @JoeCrowe @Rmevet @ifish @InTheWoods @Emeraldgreen @emeraldbullfrog @Sailorboy

11 Likes

Believe it or not
Some of us donā€™t cull plants in front of the others because we believe that they communicate

Iv read several studies also

Interesting read

5 Likes

Mine give me financial advice, lost my ass listening to them. Now I ignore the bastidsā€¦ā€¦

13 Likes

@Terpsnpurps You should check out the book The Secret Life of Plants. You would be amazed at what they can do. You definitely start to wonder if they have a brain lolā€¦ Cheers everyone!!!

7 Likes

I believe they all communicate with each other

2 Likes

Very cool!

Another book similar to @BTYGMO ā€™s suggestion is The Hidden Life of Trees
I learned plants make other sounds too. For example, older trees can make a high frequency sound. The younger trees can hear this and they tend to grow their roots pointing in the direction of the sound! So itā€™s like theyā€™re drawn to grow towards family

5 Likes

I assume the plants will be screaming lol !!! I am trimming today And I never trim in front of the flower room or veg lol.

4 Likes

Tool - disgustipated

And I begged, ā€œAngel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?ā€ And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!

7 Likes

My grandma used to swear by singing to her houseplants. Said it makes them feel good.
I suspect shes right. But only because you expel CO2 when you exhale. Thats the only benefit that makes sense to me.

7 Likes

Thereā€™s been a few studies on music played to plants and they do seem to respond well
So the moral is your plans can boogie

3 Likes

I have read where plants can help each other with nutrition needs when one is deficient the others make adjustments to help with the deficiency. Mind boggling if they donā€™t have brains . My cats donā€™t do this lol.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s an interesting study on trees how if oneā€™s infected by a certain type of predator itā€™s able to respond by sending out a hormone to attract a corresponding predator to attack it

Personally, I play the blues for my plants. They seem to like it.

6 Likes