Terpsnpurps very 1st grow thread. šŸŖ“

I was an arborist/tree surgeon for 45 years. Never heard a wordā€¦ā€¦.

8 Likes

I heard my plants crying the other dayā€¦
ā€œSTOP SNIVELING OR Iā€™LL GIVE YOU A REASON TO CRY!!!ā€
Settled them right downā€¦ Or it might have been the fermented goat poop I gave them a drink ofā€¦
:lying_face:
Joking!!! It was powered Valiumā€¦

7 Likes

There were a couple movies I seen that had plants that influenced human behaviors.

The happening and The ruins.

1 Like

Invasion of the Body Snatchers would like a spot on that list :+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve also read that smacking the plants around could be good stress lolā€¦I tried it on the cats but all it did was piss them off lolā€¦ Cheers lol

5 Likes

Mama only caused me the bad stress with that technique :wave:

Sure can! Passes through the roots, which are also connected to mycelium networks in the soil. Some plants can even connect with multiple networks at a time, which extend far beyond the plantsā€™ roots.
Thereā€™s also a nutrient exchange between plants and the mycelium network itself. Super cool stuff, although itā€™s yet to be determined if itā€™s out of ā€œkumbaya, peace and loveā€ or more ā€œunthinking chemical equilibriumā€

Guy who wrote the Hidden Lived of Trees book surmises that if thereā€™s anything close to a brain in a plant itā€™s probably the root system

4 Likes

Itā€™s true plants talk just like us lolā€¦

6 Likes

Yes Ive had music :musical_note::notes: on this whole grow from morning till night classical music lol

All be damnedā€¦ all this time MAYNARD KNEW!! let the rabbits wear glasses brotherā€¦
@JoeCrowe now i gotta listen to it ! Lol

3 Likes

Hey Terp howā€™s it going brother was wondering how ur ladies are doing are u chopping soon or are u going another week on ur ladies anymore hope ur having a fantastic day buddy

1 Like

1 Like

Well, my plants are brain damaged now then :sweat_smile: I had to cut the majority of the roots off earlier in my grow. They bounced back surprisingly well, but alas.

@Terpsnpurps Excited for you to harvest soon! Iā€™ll be following your progress, looking forward to the smoke report.

3 Likes

Human brain has the remarkable ability to heal and grow after intense injury :woman_shrugging: If my brain can still function then Iā€™m sure your roots will be okay! :crazy_face:
(I am not injured, merely someone who was stupid in their teens and twenties. And thirties if Iā€™m being honest :v: )

2 Likes

I agree i trim roots as needed. They always go for the pumps and the drains in Hydro. Itā€™s basically a haircut every week or two lolā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™d tried to set it up so they wouldnā€™t escape and then they SUPER did. They were supposed to stay in a 4"x4" space, they had expanded into a 21"x16" space. I havenā€™t checked in a while to see if my modifications worked :thinking: I should do that next time Iā€™m down there.

4 Likes

I heard of this but in a joke form. Imagine how loud the screams would be from the grass when we show up to mow the lawns. :joy:

Also I just did a heavy defoliation in my tentā€¦ I imagine they were whining a bit. Its builds character though. :grin:

4 Likes

Lmfao!!! That is some funny ass shit right there!! Bwahahahahaha!! .

2 Likes

Hell im looking forward to the smoke report!!! :rofl:

1 Like

I am going to give em another weekā€¦ they were pausedā€¦ so its like the last 2 weeks didnt even happenā€¦

They are progressing now though ā€¦ the resin is getting thicker just not amber yetā€¦ id say this has 2 times the resin as that 1st bud i took to try a couple weeks ago

2 Likes

My yard is about to be a scream fest as I go do pruning to clean up from Milton. I wear earbuds to drown out the screams.

3 Likes