Terpsnpurps very 1st grow thread. 🪴

So cloning clones is bad then right?

1 Like

Actually, you don’t need to take up space with a mother. You can take cuttings from the plant you’re fixing to flip. This has been done for over 20 gens by folks, including me

3 Likes

But to keep it going for a long time… would you then clone clones… or just keep a mother?

2 Likes

Clone of clone is fine. I’ve had ms Frankie going for over 23 yrs doing this. I do have a ‘mother’ of sorts, lol but only until they are old enough to flip. I like to veg for 3-4 months minimum and take clones from several during that time, but I flip em when of an appropriate age and Frankie (White Rhino is another that is same) is now into probably 25-30 gens…
There is absolutely zero signs of any ill effect from this. If anything she is more robust, due to all the tech changes over the years, with better lighting and nutes

2 Likes

18/6. Lower wattage for lights, light veg feed, flower feed a few days before you take cuts. Pop it out and trim the roots after a while or just mother out another clone.

2 Likes

All be damned i thought you had to have a mom like a from seed mom… not sure where i picked that up from lol… deffo not oj

2 Likes

Just keep taking clones, you don’t need a mother.
It just takes up room that you can use for another plant.

8 Likes

Any and all plants I grow are ‘mothers’ lol I take cuttings from them… but only until I’m ready to flip em. Then the next gen of clones become the new ‘mothers’…

4 Likes

Sweet thanks all you guys… this shall be fun moving forward here playing around finding the best etc…

Im chopping my 3 ladies not tomorrow morning but the next… on weds morning :partying_face: :tada: :piñata: oj thank you especially sensei

5 Likes

Johnny i probably asked him enough questions to last an entire lifetime lmao!!! Poor dude…

:rofl::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

These are all totally correct, but this is what I do. Find a strain pheno keep a clone that will stay in veg. This will become a mother as it ages. You can take as many clones as you wish. You can keep it alive as long as you’d like in veg only. You can just keep going mother to clone. Most people don’t like to keep mothers too long older plants get sick quicker. Most of us keep a mother for roughly 2 to 3 months. That mother is slowly replaced before she’s put down With new clones from that mother. If you cycle, your mother every three months You will always have fresh young mother. These produce the best clones And are easier to keep healthy with smaller spaces. You can go clone to clone, but you may have to wait to make clones if your plants are not big enough. That’s why we cycle through mothers. It’s always big enough for cloning. Just the way I do it. Cheers !!!

5 Likes

Thank you man for that as well… i want to have a greater overall understanding as well… because those times that its needed may arise etc… @BTYGMO

2 Likes

I can see now how a fella can chug forward just producing like that for sure… sweet!!!
:partying_face: :tada: :piñata:

1 Like

Older mothers can get “woodier” and whatnot, but they’ll still root. Back in the day people wanted the seed mom or an original clone, but all of seems to have been disproven. Best of luck saving your keeper!!

2 Likes

Makes sense… its just a continuation of a branch… its nice to replicate … perfect the grow along the way as well with notes etc

1 Like

@Terpsnpurps I seen your interested in mushrooms. I started out with a bag and a syringe. Now I have an entire lab! Looking back I would not change where I am, but I could have done without a few items to save some time and money.

I just didnt want to keep sending out money for things I can make myself especially the substrate and agar.

3 Likes

I keep some around aswell . But these days it’s more micro dosing. I traded a little smoke for this batch but it’s a sporadic thing for me. These may go to a friend if I don’t indulge soon. Cheers !!!

4 Likes

Always have to keep some around for sure. Anything beyond this amount, they get gifted to friends and family. I like to keep my top 5 always on hand.

3 Likes

Dam @Rmevet !!! That’s encouragement lol. What’s your favorite way to consume? Do you make teas or shakes or just raw ?

2 Likes

I like em raw or capsules! Thanks @BTYGMO ! I dont weigh anymore, just a handful, followed by a few chips or crackers. Wash down with some OJ and im good for the day.

How do you enjoy em?

2 Likes