Testing Testing 1..2..3

What’s up guys and gals I created this thread to follow my seed testing adventures. I love seed testing more than anything. I like to run seeds before everyone else and help breeders/chuckers see the good and the bad in their creations. Please bear with me I’m not good with computers and I’m extremely uneducated so your going to see lots of grammaar and spelling errors. To pop it all off here is the results of some testing I did last year. She’s a pheno of Dionysus (Bwitched F2) from Oceangrown Seeds. Bred by my dude Phnerd. I hope you enjoy and feel free to holler if you have any questions :v:

28 Likes

Looking awfully frosty my friend!

5 Likes

Damn :+1: looking great bro, what equipment are you running?

4 Likes

Thank you @Artisan and @Hoodini all my testing rooms are set up with dual gavita 750’s for lighting supplemented with some far red led pucks from chill led. AC is supplied by 1400btu portable dual hose units. One room is ran with Gavita EL1 controllers for light and autopilot standalone unit for CO2. The other is ran by a trolmaster Agro Hydo-X that controls lights, Co2, AC, etc… tests are all done in 1-3 gallons of Canna Coco in either smartpots or root makers. I use a few different nutrient lines cause I like to test those too. The ones I usually use include Vegbloom, GH, Canna and Jacks. I also incorporate compost teas as well as biologicals such as ogbiowar and mamooth P as well as a local made one called Earth Ambosia/Earth Nectar. I do organic as well sometimes but test primarily with synthetics. Here’s a couple more pics of Dionysus as well as Station testers from Phnerd of Oceangrown Seeds. Also some Bruja Purpura (Ninja Fruit x Witches Brew) testers from Ninja OG of the newly formed Dojo Seeds.

23 Likes

Here’s what’s cooking up now all at the start of week 3 of flower. There is 20 girls in here all from PHnerd of Oceangrown Seeds. Three different Spartan Kush Crosses are being tested here. The Spartan Kush F1 father of these three projects is ( B.T.Y.O.G x Wizards Potion). First we have the the B.T.Y.O.G BX which is B.T.Y.O.G x Spartan Kush. Then we have the Spartan Kush F2 (Spartan Kush x Spartan Kush). Finally is the Cherry Juice (Spartan Kush x Spartan Kush) which is also a Spartan Kush F2 just with a different F1 mother which was selected for her unique cherry smell and taste.

11 Likes

Welcome @5o5love. Nice looking tester program you have going.

I will be looking for some folks to run some beans in about 3 months. I’ll try to catch up to you in a bit. See what you got going on.

99%

2 Likes

Thank you @99PerCent that sounds great I would love to test something from you and that time frame sounds perfect. :+1:

3 Likes

Cool let’s try to keep contact in the meantime.

I’ll be watching for ya.

1 Like

:evergreen_tree: uhuuhuhuhhhuh

5 Likes

Damn should have named it testes testes lololol

5 Likes

Dam that is some nice parenting and selecting my man you have a gift.

1 Like

You can edit your thread name or have a regular do it for you

1 Like

Been enjoying your contributions to the site. Keep the goodness coming my man.

1 Like

The girls stretched waaaaaay more than I thought they would. Dangerously close to the lights but that’s how the cookie crumbles. Filling out nicely as stretch comes to a halt. So far my favorite is one of the f2’s. It is frostier than most of her sisters and has a beautiful sweet cherry nose. 2 out of the 19 popped some sacs out so they got the chop. Keeping an eye on the rest but so far so good. This week I’ll probably pop my next set of tester beans.

4 Likes

Time to pop some beans today! Recently did new room build outs so I have been slacking on getting going. Today we have Freezerburn x Chem4 and the one I’m really excited about Miracle15 x Jews Gold from Capulator. Can’t wait to see what these little gals gonna do. The M15 x JG is on the left and the FB x C4 is on the right. Sorry pic kinda fuzzy.

1 Like

They Spartan Kush crosses are doing alright. They were overgrown a bit so they stretched up into lights a bit lol. They are also taking a beating from the fan but they will be alright. Got all of the Cap

gear into Coco as well. All 12 of the m15 x jog popped and 9 out of the 10 fb x chem4 popped so we are off to the races.

3 Likes

Spartan kush testers are doing good. Some wind damage from my fan but for the most part looking ok. The miracle15 x Jews gold seeds are looking healthy for the most part. 2 of the sprouts were lagging behind the rest and I killed one accidentally while trying to remove the seed shell. The freezer burn x chem 4 on the other hand are not looking good at all. They seem to be falling way behind the
m15 x Jg. I’m afraid I might only end up with a couple if any plants out of those. Some looked damped bad so that’s my fault of course but none of the m15 x jg did that even though they were treated the same. Being proactive I popped 7 Strawberry Guava seeds (strawnanna x papaya) into some water to make up some numbers if I need too. These are not testers just beans gifted from a friend.

1 Like

End of week seven and the Spartan Kush X’s are beasting out. I’ve already scaled back on feeding as I approach flush. They got a heavy defoliation on day 41. It’s been a week since then and they are looking good. Fans still giving em hell so I raised it a bit.

2 Likes

Spartan Kush Testers are looking great. I’m starting to pull down the non keepers to get ran into Live Resin/Rosin. I’m pretty happy with the weight this round. Only a couple plant faded to purple leaves most just slowly yellowed out. Cherry juices are by far the largest. The F2’s look the frostiest but bx’s Are my favorite so far but the smoke test will settle all of that. Here is a pick of one of the Spartan bty which is the bx.

7 Likes

Looking good bro, I’ve been watching pH Nerd now that he’s split off from Ocean Grown.

2 Likes