TestOfOath's Happy Place

My 2 CG have the same kind of growth. Just genetics it seems. The one showed female pretty early. The other has not yet. Hoping for a male, but we will see. They are over 6 weeks old now.

2 Likes

Thank you for keeping me updated, I’m still a rookie with sexing and regular seeds, I can spot females all day but I’ve not had enough males to be able to confidently identify em early on, truly appreciate you sharing your knowledge

2 Likes

Looking good @TestOfOath! Can’t wait to see what’s to come!

1 Like

We all are all always learning. It is better when we can do it together. Hopefully one of us get a male to share some pollen with the other. The female grows about an 1 to 1.5 a day. The other about the same, but is 8 inches shorter. I moved them to one gallon pots about 3 weeks ago.

1 Like

Hey Test are you going to post those cool NS updates in the Challenge thread? I was wondering how you were doing?

I used the jiffy’s for this one too. I just tried them for the last grown.
:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

It’s all posted in there as well :grin:

1 Like

colombian gold looks male. In the first photo you can see what looks like leaf bracts between the main stalk and side growth. Kind of blurry!

1 Like

Ok I swear I’m done buying seeds… No seriously this time :wink:

11 Likes

@Old-Ron @JoeCrowe is it a boy?!?! I’m 95% sure they’re boys now

Colombian gold

Highland Nepalese

7 Likes

those are strange bulging growths! Usually the focus for sexing the plant is anything after the 4rth node. Which nodes are we looking at?

2 Likes

6 and 7 I think on the Colombian and 4 and 6 on the highland… I guess I’ll be more patient and let them do their thing till I’m back from vacation. Should know for sure by then

2 Likes

That is just a growth. The second picture of the CG it looks evenly shaped. Normally for male it will not be.

I think I would wait until I decided the sex on both plants.

1 Like

@TestOfOath this is what you are seeing on your CG.

4 Likes

This is the female CG. Starts around node 8 or 9.

10 Likes

So now that I know at least the 73 Durban and Highland Nepalese are females I decided they’re gonna be 2 I use the JOTI cookies and candyland pollen from @Purple-N-Hairy on, get the landraces tested for cannabinoids and terps and then have the offspring tested eventually too, can almost guarantee there’s gonna be unseen terps and cannabinoids in these old cultivars that have never been to a lab

Durban Cookies and Nepalese Candy, or vise versa or both, a branch or two on each. Since I only sprouted one of each, I don’t want to waste any bit of the genetics.

Also have the ICC#5, Strawberry Akei, Purple Punch x La confidential, Nightmare Runtz and one I can’t seem to remember, all should have pink/purple tones that are very much accented by the pollens genetics.

Sorry this is more for my record keeping than anything lol

5 Likes

And if you get a male 73 Durban, PLEASE :pray: send some pollen my way. That is, if it’s from the “red” pheno pack. That will give us a head-start on the cross with my GSC. If it’s not the red, no worries. I will grow out what you gave me to run, and hopefully have more than one male to pick from. :crossed_fingers: Either way, I’m looking forward to growing out the “red” and sending a million beans back your way!

5 Likes

Thank you!! :smiley: :pray:

7 Likes

Any time brother, glad they made it and I hope they treat you well! Send some pics whenever you get around to em, I’m very curious how they come out for everyone else!

2 Likes

Will do :grin: nothing like some good quick flower for smoking and I’ll be sure to make some seeds with it too

3 Likes

How would you say that white Walker is? Been thinking about acquiring some for a special cross, want to make sure it’s the right choice before I go searching

1 Like