TestOfOath's Happy Place

Good stuff. Don’t know what else to say.

1 Like

Yep your a hard worker. @TestOfOath your containers up there the small ones. The clear ones that you got your seeds starting in. I like that. What is it

2 Likes

They’re from Burpee, silicone seed starter trays, they have 8 all the way up to 36. I grabbed 5 of the 8s and 2 of the 36s for when I breed and starting the vegetable garden. They work FANTASTIC. If you look at their seed starting section you can find the silicone ones. They’re labeled A 1/2 B 1/2 etc so you can keep track of names and what not

“SuperSeed Seed Starting Tray, 8 XL Cell - Burpee” SuperSeed Seed Starting Tray, 8 XL Cell - Burpee

5 Likes

Thanks so much. I not liking the solo cups at all.

3 Likes

Was reading up in the beginning of this thread, ever consider collecting rain water? As much rain as you got in Michigan this yr you would have had a ton of full barrels. Regarding your one stage filter that’s basically a pre- filter, if you don’t do Ro, I’d ad a few more filters to that one and go smaller microns. I have a 5 stage filtering system the end is a .5 micron filter. We water over 400+ gallons a week easy and we dont use Ro takes to long to fill up brute trash cans. What we use below for that x 3 . Winter we heat the water also it’s comes out 45 degrees when cold out. I have a new solution for that for this winter but…And yes we ph down usually never up… :facepunch:t2:

7 Likes

Disclaimer: I posted this comment a few hours ago (and just deleted), but then I realized it was in reply to a post from Hemp, when I intended it to be to your post, @TestOfOath.

Hey, that’s a good idea - placing the cardboard under the plant to catch the falling pollen! I don’t know if you were taking a page from my book (I posted this technique in January), but if you were, I APPROVE!

Since I’m posting my comment again, I may as well add the change I made to my pollen collection method. Instead of letting the pollen fall straight onto the cardboard, I’m now bending the plant and adding mylar to the cardboard, which serves 3 purposes. Not only does it maximize the light dispersion, but it makes it MUCH easier to capture the falling pollen and gather the pollen when you harvest the plant. Here’s a few pics.

1st pic: Pre-mylar

2nd pic: Mylar; prior to bending the plant

3rd pic: Plant has been bent to make the natural pollen fall more efficiently onto the mylar

4th pic: Good evidence…

12 Likes

I 100% did take a page from your book lol and thank you for the idea/expanding on it for me!

Also forgot to mention I’ve got 3 of those Cookieland from you going cause I couldn’t help myself, 4th didn’t sprout unfortunately. And I’m way over what I wanted to have for this next flower run anyways lol. They’re the 3 on the right of this seed starter

7 Likes

Nice! I love to see all the different mediums and environments people grow their Cookieland in. If you get a strong male from those 3, I’d love to get a little pollen from you. If so, I’ll cross it back to the Cookie mother and make an even better cross (which I will also share with you!).

7 Likes

Very good stuff.

2 Likes

@Purple-N-Hairy had HCG drop these off yesterday and pick up the male 1970 CG so it didn’t violate my flower room or have to get culled.

Were you still interested in preserving the green pheno as well?

Here’s a red pheno female vegging for flower. I already had to cut the main stalk too cause it was even taller than in this pic

10 Likes

17 Likes

Very much looking forward to see how your red pheno finishes up! In the mean time…

I was drawn to the red pheno because I felt it would be complementary to my prized GSC. I still feel stressed today that I haven’t gotten to that seed run yet, so I certainly don’t want to put more on my plate. However, if you’re still looking for a grower as I’m finishing up the 1973 Durban Red - let’s revisit it! And thanks for the consideration :+1:

3 Likes

I think they look a tad bit over watered!

2 Likes

Depends on the day of the week, I usually let em go until the soil shrinks away from the edges it’s so dry before watering, but when they get watered it’s a hefty amount

2 Likes

@Purple-N-Hairy @DannyTerpintine how long should I let pollen sit before putting it in something to store? As soon as I shake it off the plant? Few days to dry? Should it be dark for it to dry? Does sunlight harm pollen? Does it oxidize?

11 Likes

For me personally, once I collect and screen the pollen, I put it in a container that I place near a dehumidifier (but not affected by airflow). I run that dehumidifier at 35% for a couple of days. After that, I attach a large desiccant pack to the inside of the container’s lid and place it on the bottom shelf of the fridge. Some people freeze their pollen, but my method seems to keep my pollen viable for as long as I need it.

9 Likes

It’s the most wonderful time of the yearrrrrrrrr

17 Likes

Yup - especially with your trimming machine! You’ll be needing it with THAT haul! Nice work!!

5 Likes

I quit. Lol. Give me a lawnmower. Nice run. You had to use the chainsaw. Damn it man!

2 Likes

This is just the first 4-5 plants lol there’s still 10 that need more time and I only have so much drying space anyways. Indoor grow is a couple weeks out too so another 6-7 plants, whole month of October is just one perpetual harvest at my house :joy: and yes I’m so excited that this fan leaf trimming is essentially ALL I HAVE TO DO in the way of trimming! Warms my itty bitty heart

Best kind of problem you can have if you ask me :joy::joy:

7 Likes