TestOfOath's Happy Place

So if you took one of these F1 auto and used STS to create pollen, then used that pollen on another on one of these F1 autos, then you will have an F2 auto. The F stands for Filial or family.

The S1 would be if you took that pollen and pollinated the same plant, that would be an S1. The S indicates that the plant was Selfed, that is the same plant was both mother and “father”.

4 Likes

Thank you for clarifying! I actually understood that and everything :grin: idk why it was so difficult in hooks or articles but I could read it 5-10 times and still be confused somehow. Again, thank you!

Look forward to trying your gear some day too, you’re another on here that stands out to me :relaxed:

3 Likes

So… I did a thing :grin: gonna take out those weeks/months of end of year trimming, having to pay my Mexican or American buddies from work to come help trim. Solo in this bitch now and beyond excited to try her out!! TrimPal 2lb unit, only 17 revolutions per minute (could be helpful or bad we’ll see) and from everything I’ve researched trims some perfect nugs when they’re dry

Maybe @anon93244739 or @G-paS or any of the other Michigan’s that’d be comfortable enough reaching out would have a use for it this year too :grin:

9 Likes

i’ve heard those trimmers rough up the buds too much, and don’t allow you to get a good trim. let us know your opinion of it.

2 Likes

Will do! I chose this one cause of the slower revolutions and it probably being the LEAST rough (in my opinion) on nugs.

Centurion, triminator, most other drum or rotating cylinder trimmers have such a high rpm that the nugs are rolling at high speeds and bouncing around inside and shit.

Was a real hard decision with how fucking expensive they all are but this was the easiest to get my hands on in my area. Weighs a good 70lbs and I’m assuming others are the same so I wasn’t gonna pay hundreds for shipping on top of thousands for the trimmer.

This is one unique situation where I’m hoping for the best right off the bat 🥲 for the sake of my wallet

5 Likes

You ain’t kiddin’ there, my friend. Around $3k!! Damn! For your sake, I hope you can rent it out to your fellow Michiganders to help recoup your investment!

Like @anonymous4289, I will also look forward to your review. AND - pics of the trim job it does!

5 Likes

Can you wet trim with it? Or only dry?

1 Like

Only dry, one of the high rpm ones is for wet trimming from my understanding.

I have 0 experience with them, so it piques my curiosity

1 Like

Only had one plant a buddy gave me to press to try on this at the moment, was 36 grams or something before I put it in… 10 mins down 5 to go. Looks good so far, definitely not beating them up at all, undertrimming for my OCD if anything.

3 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

I over olive oiled her a bit but that was all on the bottoms of the blades and the nugs had latent moisture from a fan blowing directly on em during drying from my inexperienced buddy but I think it’s a success for sure.

Right RH and they’d come out perfect but for the moisture they had in them I think they turned out damn good, night and fucking day compared to the handful of leaves it looked like I threw in it.

6 Likes

So excited about the trimmer that I forgot about the 2nd guard dog I found outside and added to the grow room

5 Likes

And here’s a simple before and after for anyone that doesn’t wanna go through all those pics. I say it’s a success

10 Likes

hey, that’s not half bad for what you were working with

1 Like

I agree! Reading the warranty they sent it seems like I need to oil the machine and maybe adjust some tension screws with nothing in it too cause there’s definite grinding going on, not that I think it made that big a difference in the trim, that had more to do with bud quality and RH.

Either way I’m a pretty happy guy, tentative thumbs up for the TrimPal 2lb for sure. Hope I get some good use out of it this year :grin: wanna show it off to and help my fellow Michiganders too but that may just be a dream

Edit: I’ve been out of likes for half the day, don’t want to seem rude by not liking your posts, don’t know if you even perceive it as rude, just didn’t wanna put off that vibe!

5 Likes

I don’t trim for smoke. Mostly just take off fans, stem and any damage leaves and use the rest. But I would love to watch you use this.
:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

The couple day update, topped the tiniest newest top growth off that big dumb fuck on the right cause I’m sick of raising the lights higher and higher

GSC auto in cc40 getting some color in her hairs, starting to show either a need for phosphorus or too much PK, not super pissed off yet but I want her to fatten up some more, fed her last night so we’ll see if a flush I needed pretty soon or not

11 Likes

You are busy man, indoors and out, love it.
Pulling up a chair.

1 Like