TestOfOath's Happy Place

Yah they look decent, thanks for the photo! Very interesting!

2 Likes

Stem is the one on the right

10 Likes

@Dirtron the peyote has started to pop, I’ve been keeping them loosely covered with Ziploc bags after spraying, no rubber band or anything just on loose, so it retains moisture for slightly longer. San Pedro haven’t been quite as loving yet nothing showing in that one so far. I did 75% full of clay stones in a solo cup from my hydro with as much promix cc40 as I could fit in the remainder, it’s the best I could do for the time being, do you think they’ll find it acceptable?

6 Likes

I think they will be happy! The place where they grow is seasonal mud flats so for part of the year it’s roasting hot desert scrub (The Yotes retract and end up getting covered by dead failed leaves to pass the drought) and for part of the year it’s sloppy wet. New seedlings obviously start during the sloppy wet part!
Hope the Pedros take off.
Enjoy your new pets,
Dirtron

5 Likes

Thanks for the gift and your time and energy helping me grow them, I’ve always wanted cacti and more succulents but only have so much time on my hands. Truly appreciate you helping me start this end of my hobby!

Always been a little afraid of these chemicals after my first surprise experience with them combined but I’ll learn to deeply appreciate them down the road some day

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve learned. They like to be soaked and can be waaaaay water than you expect for cacti, for longer periods. And you can feed them liquid ferts too.

Yup. Want to shoot for 50ppm nitrogen when feeding cacti.

2 Likes

Took a couple hours but I made it so it’s actually readable!

10 Likes

@Dirtron The San Pedro popped too :grin: might’ve been earlier but I didn’t notice them because of their stalk color, at least a little over a handful of each taking off!

3 Likes

Hell yah,
I can’t honestly spot them in that pic :wink: but turning red (if it is the brownish thing at front, left of center) is generally a sign of too strong of light.

1 Like

Noted!!! They are red for sure, I’ll move them down below the shelves so it’s not so intense see if I get a change, I don’t wanna fuck this up!

2 Likes

I don’t want you to fuck it up either.

But know that if you did fuck em up I would just send you some more!

I need to organize my collection… right know the list is in my :brain:.

I am guessing you put yours into micro centrifuge tubes in a holder box? Like the pics I have seen here a lot recently?

2 Likes

I grabbed these 144 piece glass ones off Amazon, I like the cryo tubes better for the better seal and not being glass lol but I already bought these

5 Likes

Some pics from my most recent squishing session for some buddies on some shit they didn’t wanna smoke but also didn’t wanna waste.

@bassman5420 showed me a video he made trying to help me press more than 7 grams at a time. Unfortunately did not work with only my 4 tons of pressure (ordered an 8 ton, stickers says not over 6 but their 10 ton is the EXACT same design, no modifications for strength, so I think 8 will be fine)

So after some real baked thinking I noticed they’d fit together perfectly AND tuck in my annoying fucking ends so no material leaked out, boom got to press 14g at a time AND increased my yield thanks to @bassman5420 inspiration

Edit: @anon93244739 I’m practicing for our session!

14 Likes

Awesome!!! Like I said, if I need to buy bags or whatever tell me so I can Amazon them. I’ve got a bunch to process that I have no interest in smoking

2 Likes

Hell ya man, glad it at least inspired you and upped your yield! Awesome to see it paid off. Much love :evergreen_tree: :heart: :evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Also @Dirtron a TON of the San Pedro popped! Their poofy little roots are so cute! Wish I could upload high res pics but you can still kinda see em. Moving away from the light seemed to perk up the color too!

5 Likes

If you REALLY insist and have that much, prepacking before I come so we can just squish would really speed up production time. How experienced are ya?

2 Likes

Keep your sprouts wetter than you think you need too. Trust me, that’s something I learned the hard way by killing tooooooons of baby cacti

0, I’ve never squished before

2 Likes

Will do! I didn’t think I needed to spray this morning cause it was still damp but did anyways, glad I did! I’m super excited to grow something new I’ve always wanted cacti and succulents everywhere

1 Like