Texada Timewarp indoors

I might clip it 3 big sets of fan leaves from the top do you think I would be able to use the cut off top as a cutting?Will it take?Be a shame to waste it it would make a good shape starter instead of a long stick lollipop clone right?

1 Like

For sure just cut what you want off the top cut all the fans in half dip in rooting gel should make excellent clones .

1 Like

I’m not having too much luck on the cloning so far I got one out of probably 7 cuts from two different cultivars that I’m working on now to root.I have a bucket cloner clonex solution clonex rooting gel the purple shit, rapid start and I have access to ph up and down.tried two a week ago in jiffy pucks soaked in a clonex feed soaked and cut in clonex solution for 3 hours.Having a tough time and I got to get this down

3 Likes

Should root good in the cloner on your clones try and have a node or two in the cloner they seem to root quicker . I just use tap water ph to 6.2 scrape the stem up a bit dip in gel , make sure the stem isn’t sitting in the water you just want it misted .

2 Likes

If you keep pruning the top, it will stop growing taller and those bottom shoots will start to turn into branches over time. Once you start taking clones from those and leave some lower branches it will start to develop the bonsai structure.

3 Likes

Here’s a post about a cloner I made from a kitty litter pail. Using the Permaclone process has changed my relationship to cloning. It works, and it’s cheap to build. :slight_smile:

:guitar:

7 Likes

I made a cloner similar to this .The only thing was I used a 5 gallon bucket.Your roots look amazing what are you using in your solution?I have clonex solution the gel rapid start and clear Rez.I followed the directions and I had more luck wi

th a clear McDonald’s cafe cup and fresh tap water that was changed out every day in a sunlit shelf.

2 Likes

I had one cutting sit for more than a month and not as single root pop on it

I tried to run them indoors last year, they got way too big way too fast. Ended up moving them into the yard which worked out perfectly.

If anyone’s looking, friend Spidey has Texada Timewarp regs on his site at a great price.

Send me a pm for more info.

5 Likes

Where’s this ?, I can’t tell from ad

2 Likes

I’m going to just finish the one clone up out side and try and see if I can keep a bonsai version of this next to my other mother.Hope this one doesn’t freak out on me.Heard the indoor is prone to herming .Outdoor is said to be good.Some people bitching it only produced Larf.It was free so what the fuck right?

1 Like

a looser or more open bud structure is crucial to get large outdoor harvests without bud rot in a short northern grow season. nothing to complain about if the yields and the effects are good.

I’ve been interested in this line as well as other outdoor classics from canada. I am in the US PNW and indoor growing has been popular for so long here that we just don’t have many local outdoor lines adapted to this climate.

Let us know how the plants do in your grow, I’d be very interested to see your outdoor plant and how the line adapts as an indoor mother.

4 Likes

I will I’m in a north eastern climate I figured the open bud structure would be better for the high humidity here I live by one of the Great Lakes.Like 240 meters from the lake actually

2 Likes

I’ll keep everyone updated.We can all learn together

2 Likes

I’ve decided to do a side by side .Going to put one out and keep one in and post the results.I’m not going to try and do two at once I have other shit going on and I still have my other mother and a couple started from seed.The more I think about it the more of a headache I get trying to think about this one fighting for light space to two different height size cultivars.I’m going to have to do cuts at different times and get the cuts of these to grow together.I don’t see a lanky sativa sharing space with my indica hybrids all the ones I’m seeing are filling tents up by themselves.Not that that’s a bad thing.

2 Likes

the one on the left is going in the ground I’m going to prune the one in the right and start to train it tonight.It’s getting bigger every day and I’m going to try and get a handle on it now.

7 Likes

Good job on that man. A 5gal bucket is basically the same thing, as mine, just a little bit bigger. The Permaclone link was in that post, but it was easy to miss. This is what I use in my cloner:

They have a 3 part mix, and there are options for each component. These are the categories. What I use is in (). There’s an oxidizer, (35% H2O2), a hormone component, (KLN), and a mineral component, (GH Micro and Bloom).

My success with clones was spotty before I started using this. Now I hit in the 95% range every time. I plan on clones being in the cloner for a month. I want a lot of roots before they hit soil, so I give them the time to grow some.

Good luck with yours. :slight_smile:
:guitar:

Edit: I don’t do all the stuff they recommend in the “Taking Clones” section. I cut them the way I always have. I only use their “cloning juice”. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome dude thanks I’ll have to check it out.I think some of the clonex shit they push is a little much.I got roots faster in a glass of water.

1 Like

day 2 outdoor and she grew 6 inches

6 Likes

Been a couple weeks outside and she outgrew her fence.This plant loves being outside and I can’t find one speck of bug anything and the tiny fat gray jumping spiders love it.Good fast growth.No ph problems since I went to outdoor.

5 Likes