Texada Timewarp indoors

Anyone familiar with growing this Cultivar indoors?All the reading I found says it’s specifically for out doors.Was gifted two clones of it and I heard it’s supposed to be special stuff.How do I keep a mother of this small enough to go in my mother room and keep her small?I already have them transplanted in a smaller pot to keep them smaller.The stalks are too stiff and hollow for my typical lst clips and green wire.I want to keep a mom going to put cuts outside next year.They are getting taller fast and I don’t know how the hell im going to keep these together with my non sativa cultivars they are determining the height of my light now

19 Likes
6 Likes

Texada Timewarp, very cool haven’t heard of that one for a minute. That and Freezeland/Friesland or however it’s spelled are Canada’s famous outdoor cuts.

7 Likes

I’d take cuts get some new clones rooted then prune them before they get stretchy keep them short but wide if possible.

3 Likes

They grew 6 inches in less that a week under some shitty Walmart red and blue led strip lights the clone is growing sites everywhere this shit grows like freak fast

2 Likes

Thanks just what I needed.I’m trying to do this in a 3 compartment tent

1 Like

Your clones are probably stretching due to not enough light.

5 Likes

They grew out and dumped a bunch of sites everywhere .I mean it grew up but out with it.I’m using 3 Daisy chain strip grow lights and they are cool enough to put almost right on them.I ordered an electronic sky 300 vs 3 and Dan from the greensunshine company is taking his sweet time I’ve been waiting a month for my light now and I had to make do with what I had.I can really complain other than the two monsters getting too big.The plants get a lot of growsites every where I mean these things were sticks 4 days ago.Tha plants dig the light it’s just slower.Maybe what I want to use on my mother plants to grow a lot of sites but a little slower to play catch up.

7 Likes

I might clip it 3 big sets of fan leaves from the top do you think I would be able to use the cut off top as a cutting?Will it take?Be a shame to waste it it would make a good shape starter instead of a long stick lollipop clone right?

1 Like

For sure just cut what you want off the top cut all the fans in half dip in rooting gel should make excellent clones .

1 Like

I’m not having too much luck on the cloning so far I got one out of probably 7 cuts from two different cultivars that I’m working on now to root.I have a bucket cloner clonex solution clonex rooting gel the purple shit, rapid start and I have access to ph up and down.tried two a week ago in jiffy pucks soaked in a clonex feed soaked and cut in clonex solution for 3 hours.Having a tough time and I got to get this down

3 Likes

Should root good in the cloner on your clones try and have a node or two in the cloner they seem to root quicker . I just use tap water ph to 6.2 scrape the stem up a bit dip in gel , make sure the stem isn’t sitting in the water you just want it misted .

2 Likes

If you keep pruning the top, it will stop growing taller and those bottom shoots will start to turn into branches over time. Once you start taking clones from those and leave some lower branches it will start to develop the bonsai structure.

3 Likes

Here’s a post about a cloner I made from a kitty litter pail. Using the Permaclone process has changed my relationship to cloning. It works, and it’s cheap to build. :slight_smile:

:guitar:

7 Likes

I made a cloner similar to this .The only thing was I used a 5 gallon bucket.Your roots look amazing what are you using in your solution?I have clonex solution the gel rapid start and clear Rez.I followed the directions and I had more luck wi

th a clear McDonald’s cafe cup and fresh tap water that was changed out every day in a sunlit shelf.

2 Likes

I had one cutting sit for more than a month and not as single root pop on it

I tried to run them indoors last year, they got way too big way too fast. Ended up moving them into the yard which worked out perfectly.

If anyone’s looking, friend Spidey has Texada Timewarp regs on his site at a great price.

Send me a pm for more info.

5 Likes

Where’s this ?, I can’t tell from ad

2 Likes

I’m going to just finish the one clone up out side and try and see if I can keep a bonsai version of this next to my other mother.Hope this one doesn’t freak out on me.Heard the indoor is prone to herming .Outdoor is said to be good.Some people bitching it only produced Larf.It was free so what the fuck right?

1 Like

a looser or more open bud structure is crucial to get large outdoor harvests without bud rot in a short northern grow season. nothing to complain about if the yields and the effects are good.

I’ve been interested in this line as well as other outdoor classics from canada. I am in the US PNW and indoor growing has been popular for so long here that we just don’t have many local outdoor lines adapted to this climate.

Let us know how the plants do in your grow, I’d be very interested to see your outdoor plant and how the line adapts as an indoor mother.

4 Likes