Tga testers cherry cordial & queen anne's revenge

Thanks, I try to keep things organized. :sunglasses: I’ve been following your grows as well and you are doing an excellent job.

2 Likes

Number 3 didn’t make it. It’s possible the seed was not making contact with the sides of the plug and dried out too much…BUMMER. It was probably my fault. Only 3 left. I don’t think the the 5th seed is going to germinate. I repotted the remaining 3 seedlings into 4 parts perlite to 1 part vermiculite in small dannon yogurt containers to save the substrate materials until they are sexed.

So, out of 5 seeds 4 germinated which is a 80% germination rate, however this is an extremely small sample size. That leaves me with 3 out of 5 possible seedlings which is 60% viable seedlings from this pack so far…Hopefully the remaining 3 will make it to the sexing stage and then on to fruition. I will be culling all males. I hope to get at least 1 female, but more would be better.

I am contemplating germinating at least 5 of the 10 Queen Anne’s Revenge seeds in order to fill up the tent for the next run…We will see. If any more of the Cherry Cordial OG’s die, I will definitely be germinating the QAR.

4 Likes

I need to pick up some of those plugs so I can take clones this time. for seeds you can fill in the “hole” with vermiculite to cover the seed completely. When I stick clones in I fill the gaps around the stem with vermiculite if necessary, mostly just to block any light from hitting the lower stem.

1 Like

Great idea, I’ll do that next time.

I wouldn’t expect any calcium deficiencies (yogurt containers :grinning:)

3 Likes

LOL, ha ha ha. Don’t you be laughing at my ghetto cheapness. I know it’s lame but it is very cheap.

5 Likes

I’m sure it’s the same plastic my pots are made of - just thought it was a little funny. Cheers man.

1 Like

I have regular pots too.

1 Like

it’s not lame! Reduce, Reuse, Recycle :smiley:

3 Likes

right…I thought so. heh heh heh

2 Likes

I have 2 males and 1 female of the remaining 3 TGA Cherry Cordial OG’s 5 pack. These plants were subject to extreme heat and water stress in the beginning of their life due to the air conditioner going out for a few days. Temperatures were in the upper 90’s and into the 100’s at times.I will be culling both males.

Number 4 is a confirmed Male. I had a feeling this was a male early on due to the vigor in the beginning. Has a burnt rubber odor on stem rub, with a slight fruity undertone.Growth is apical dominant with short internode distances and some lateral branching that is almost straight up. The main stem is thick and fibrous; hard to bend, in a word sturdy.

4 Male 4 Male 4 Male 4 Male 4 Male 4 Male

1 Is a confirmed male also. I was hoping this one was female. I was disappointed. This one has a stinky cheesy/sour smell with a little fruit and looks to be more thin leafed than #4 1 Male 1 Male 1 Male 1 Male 1 Male

#2 is a Female. She is the smallest and least stinky, but that’s not a bad thing. Stem rub is mild and reminds me of the skin of an unpeeled cherry or plums. Very very mild sweet smell with a slight smell of green chlorophyll. I am thinking she will be a late bloomer on the fragrance end of things.

2 Female 2 Female 2 Female 2 Female 2 Female

6 Likes

The male is beautiful! Don’t kill him, I would get his pollen and save it.

1 Like

Which Male? #1 is that stinky sharp cheesy feet fruit smell. #4 is burnt rubber and fruit. I really need the room for another test run.

Beautiful plants, even the males. Looking forward to some bud shots :grin:

1 Like

Thanks brother. Me too!

is there a spare closet somewhere? They will produce pollen after about 2 weeks of 12/12

3 Likes

No spare closet at the moment

if you’re anywhere near Massachusetts let me know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree these males are beauttifull, look at the secondaries and the thin structure of the 1. For sure he don’t produce fiber for your clothes ^^ Worth a try imho.

1 Like

it’s cool, you can always order more seeds! I’m sure the female will be great with purple colors too

1 Like