The Apothecarium - Indoors / Organic / Medical

Zone1 - Update

Week 10 Flower
both of these plants are done. about 20% ambers. i am going to hold off harvesting them until their replacements are popped. there were MANY candidates for replacements from my stock before coming to OG. coming to OG and the generosity of many of it’s members have changed those line ups in a great way. There were many strains on my project i was unable to find. i would still be looking for a bunch of them if not for some of the members here. my gratitude.

moving forward in the best interests of my project, i am going to pop some OG seeds.

from @BudWhisperer i received missing strain “The OX” . Budwhisperer was gracious enough to send me a portion of his stash to see if this elusive strain works on abuela. Thank you for sharing your stash with me budwhisperer. I appreciate you. hopefully my skills will do this justice, and hopefully this strain works for abuela.

From @misterbee i received missing strain “Lavender”. Misterbee was gracious enough to share some of his stash of these impossible to find Soma F2s. this strain (on paper) has the best terp/thc profile for abuela’s condition. really been trying to get my hands on these since the get go. thank you again to misterbee for sharing. i appreciate you. hopefully my skills do these justice and it works out favorably for abuela.

dug through each set of seed trying to “sex” them according to the ‘perfect volcano’ theory. my first time trying this so will see if i was successful in picking females for the first go. unsure if there were any males in the bunch as i’m new to the “seed sexing”, but hoping odds are in my favor and i can produce some seed at some point to spead back to community. considering the rarity of both strains it would be prudent and an OG requirement to boot. it would be my first seed run. looking forward to it.
Started the seeds in my usual way. paper towels in ziplocks. once they pop, they go to soil for the dirtburst.

a look at the Zone1 plants in week 10 flower. AH on the left, GxKK on the right.

Amnesia

Gelato x Kosher Kush

all for now.
Merry Christmas OG.

9 Likes

Love the setup and your grow style! Merry Xmas!

2 Likes

If you need any OG Kush let me know. I can split my pack of OGer Kush from the coop with you.

1 Like

thanks for stopping by. appreciate the compliments.
Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

i would love some.

however,

i just ran humboldt seed co OG Kush over the summer. the plant grew fantastic. smelled nice. looked great, had more than acceptable yield. flavor? missing. high? very nice.

so this begs the question… as with so MANY strains i am trying to find and work with… who has the real/best cut of OG Kush? HSC seems a reputable and respected company and no one has ever bitched at me about “real genetics” or growing out some HSC seeds… so always just simply assumed HSC had the real deal. (yeah… i chuckled here too)

so far, OG Kush shows favorable results with abuela. relaxed, happy and no negative effects. the first try with OG Kush was RQS seeds. this trial was HSC. marked difference between the two. i suspect the same would be for the cut(s) you have. regardless, i am down for giving it a go. who knows. might be a good pollen chuck between your OG Kush and the HSC cut i’ve got.

thanks man.
Merry Christmas.

2 Likes

Here’s a link to the seed run these are from. It talks about the cut they were selfed from and there’s some good descriptions on terps and effects. If they sound good dm me and I’ll split the pack with you as half pack is all I’ll ever run most likely.

3 Likes

Check out @Oldtimerunderground 's post today, about half way down the post there’s a mess of pictures of his grow of OG Kush (same beans you have)

LOL, mine never looked that good… :wink:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Zone 1 - Update

Germination:

• Soma Lavender F2 - popped a tail yesterday, so stuck it in soil/solo cup. it is in Zone3 under the cuttings lamp. it has not done it’s dirburst yet, but the seed was certainly getting after it popping in 48hrs. excited to see what this produces.
  • The OX - sadly… no activity yet. it certainly took on moisture as it has swollen up, but no crack or tail yet. will give it 2 more days in the paper towel. if nothing then, will try another seed.
    i have considered trying @THCeed 's method of the hot water in jar on the first seed. can’t hurt at that point… no activity after 5 days requires more drastic measures.

for clarification, i DO scuff older seeds in an old medicine bottle lined with 220 grit sandpaper. i roll the seed around in there for a few dozen shakes and let the sandpaper scuff up the seed coating. both the OX and Lavender seeds got this treatment before being tucked away in the paper towel.

2 more days OX…

2 Likes

This never hurts, It’s the only way to germinate beans, all of them.
Never scratched a bean or cracked a bean, by hand, ever. Never any issues. This is how you should be doing it for a quick germination. ALL THE TIME.

3 Likes

never tried your method before, but willing to give it a shot.
if i get no activity out of 5 days i usually toss the seed and start another. no harm in trying your method as a last ditch before tossing.

i suspect the hot water triggers some enzymes in the seed… like striating (freezing) fruit tree/bush seeds over the winter and then tossing them outside in the warm sun in spring.

2 Likes

Every single bean I have ever grown, was germinated this way.

2 Likes

Ok dude. We’ll give it a shot. Sterilized the jar, and put the hottest tapwater my home produces. Dropped the seed, swirled it for good measure and put it up on the desk.

Will see what it does.

2 Likes

I put mine in a little 6 pack cooler, holds the warmth and is dark.
Also a mason jar with a lid to keep the heat. The bean should float, unless it is already saturated or cracked. They should only sink by the next day. Any floating beans after a day will be no good.

1 Like

i wrapped the jar in a towel to hold the warm and placed it in a dark(er) spot.

1 Like

ok. left it overnight.
just got back from work/chores and opened up the jar.
nothing.
i put it back in the paper towel and ziplocked. it’s back up on top of computer for warmth.

see what happens in 24hrs. if not, will toss and start a new OX seed.

bummer man. :frowning:

2 Likes

Hopefully they will open up for you.

1 Like

i have 2 OX seeds left. i hope one opens up too… :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Zone1 - Update

Chop Day (week 10/11)
i wanted to have the replacements in pots and ready to rock when this was harvested, but it wasn’t to be so. with OX failing to germinate it’s setting things back. ok. i can use the lapse to get other things done.

in the meantime, AH and GxKK are getting chopped, washed and hung to dry. took about an hour. both plants produced enough for 3 hangers each. not bad for a 2gal pot.
AH had sweet fruity scents with the wash. GxKK had predominantly gas/fuel with a touch of sweet. this one had very strong scent. hope the terps are jacked up too.

cleaned and bleached zone1 to get ready for the replacements. Lavender has done it’s dirtburst, so i set it up a little pedestal to get closer to the light. turned the lights down to not scorch the seedling. will see what it does. gotta get the soil and pots ready for transplant in another week or two. hopefully i can get an OX seed going.

Zone1 chop day

Zone1 chop day - AH

Zone1 chop day - GxKK

AH Bud Pron

GxKK Bud Pron

Harvest Results

AH left GxKK right

Zone1 Cleaned up

Lavender seedling propped up

that’s all for now.

7 Likes

Zone 4 - Update

Week 2 Flower
left side is in week 2 flower. everything seems real healthy. no more nutes issues showing up.

Week 1 Flower
right side is in week 1 flower. seems they like the new soil. nutes issues disappearing.

5 Likes

Still so impressed by your set-up. Thanks for sharing all that hard-won knowledge and showing such inspiring plants, bro.
Happy new year to you and yours and all the best in it. Kick 2024’s ass and take its name. :four_leaf_clover:
Stay up
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost::raccoon:

1 Like