The Apothecarium - Outdoors / Organic / Medical

Hi Y’all,

doing outdoor organic medical grow in an illegal state (TX). I have been urged/requested by a few members to show some of what i am growing and how i’m growing it. i just finished beginning of the month top dressing so had all the plants out of their enclosure today. took some photos while working on each.

What am i growing?
I’m growing list specific strains for elderly relative diagnosed with Alzheimers/Dementia and now Parkinson’s.

my grow list and some of my research can be found in this thread if you’re interested:

Still looking for some elusive strains/seeds on this list. any assistance in locating or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

How long have i been doing this?
3 yrs. non-stop. inside and out / available space.
trying to grow out, test and find the right strains that work for relative.

What are my biggest challenges?
keeping things discreet with drones, helicopters, nosey neighbors all around me.
keeping things alive during the summer months when it’s consistently over 100F every day
space and time to grow all this list strains out to test. i have so many to get through. any Texas growers out there wanna be my growmie(s)? i got the seeds if you have the space.

SOIL:
my soil is my own mix based upon build a soil’s recipe minus the rice hulls (use perlite) and substituting coco for peat moss. it gets really hot/dry here (Texas) so moisture retention is very important.

AMENDMENTS:
I use a combination of Dr.Earth and Gaia Green veg/bloom amendments.

FERTILIZERS:
primarily use Alaska Fish Fertilizer. Veg/Bloom.
Occasionally make my own compost teas during the summer heat.

MULCH:
all pots are topped with cypress mulch to help shade root zone and retain moisture in the soil.

PEST CONTROL:
i use several DIY methods - citrus acid, neem oil, special compost teas, milk mixture etc.
this year tried spinosad for first time. pleased with results.

Facing South

Facing East

Facing West

20 Likes

Photo Set 1

Barney’s Farm - Bubba Kush

Blimburn - Purple Bubba Kush

Humboldt Seed Co - OG Kush

Kannabia - Purple Kush

Seedsman - Critical Purple Kush

14 Likes

Photo Set 2

2020 Mendocino - The Spice!

Barney’s Farm - Strawberry Lemonade

Blimburn - Blackberry Kush

Blimburn - Silver Surfer Haze

Garden of Green - Candyland

Shoreline - Grandaddy Purple

22 Likes

Today’s Temps outside:

96-98F

8 Likes

Very cool! I’m down for the show!

3 Likes

thank you. appreciate you stoppin’ by. .

3 Likes

Not a soil grower, and can’t grow outside, but I sure love seeing both done and done well! Looks like you’ve gotten a lot done in a few seasons! Tidy, happy, and diverse! What’s not to love?
I’ll be keeping an eye out.
Stay up!
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost::raccoon:

3 Likes

An experienced grower with a noble quest, @Til_Valhalla!

The wide net you are casting with all those strains should confirm if (any?) CannaMeds will help your Mom. Have you had any suggestions yet of a chem profile that helps with Alzheimers/Dementia?

Best of Luck,
-Grouchy

2 Likes

thank you for the vote of confidence. appreciate that.
my learning curve has been straight up. it hasn’t been easy, but i think the work is paying off. it’s not curing her (didn’t think it would. she was pretty far into it when they finally diagnosed her correctly) but it is certainly helping with many symptoms that are improving quality of life.

i didn’t realize i was going to enjoy this as much as i am. the plants are beautiful and fun to grow, i’m helping my MIL with medicine, and i like smoking. the flavors i’m getting off some of these are amazing. it’s a total win/win/win for me.

so glad i have like-minded people to discuss this with (now). no one talks in illegal states. sad, but it’s what keeps us out of prison i guess. :frowning:

appreciate you stoppin’ by and the words of encouragement. thanks.

5 Likes

it is a wide net. a co$tly and wide net. and i still have some strains to find. not having much luck with them. i don’t know if anyone grows them anymore. lavender is of particular interest. on paper has the best terp profile for this project.

not sure what you mean by chem profiles? we have pretty much taken her entirely off western med pills. she had 5 different doctors giving her handfulls of pills. no one was talking to one another. any complaints were met with increased dosages or different handfulls of pills.
well, we did our own research and found out that half of the pills were NOT supposed to be given with the other half as they caused problems. essentially she was being poisoned. we finally brought this all to their attention and they ooh and ahhed and came up with excuses and all blamed each other for not checking … ridiculous.
my wife pulled her off 90% of the medications. she has been feeding abuela clean, and giving her LOTS of suppliments (vitamins, fish oils, herbs etc). now when she goes for doctors checkups they say her body is in amazing condition. all internal organs except her brain are in tip top shape.
all except her brain. this is a frustrating disease.
as stated earlier, the ganj is helping. i don’t think it’s going to cure at this point but it does treat some pretty important symptoms of the disease and overall improves her quality of life.

thanks for your well wishes. we appreciate them.

4 Likes

Post up what you are looking for. I’m sure there’s people here that can help if I don’t have them. This place truly is magical in that sense, I’ve seen it countless times! Just pop out of the woodwork :joy:

3 Likes

i have posted the list of what i’m missing.

but maybe i posted it in the wrong place? still a n00b here.

yeah. seriously. ANY assitance finding ANY of the “lavender” strains would be huge. it seemingly has the best terp profile (on paper) for Alz/Dem in terms of where my own research and observations lay at this point.

Lavender
Lavender Haze
Lavender Kush

any help finding any of those would be miraculous at this point. i can’t find them… none with any lineage attached at least.

2 Likes

Ironically I just helped someone find these (lavender) recently . @Sodapop is doing a project in honour of his very cool uncle and I had recommended lavender for the floral aspect as it’s unreal how floral she gets. Perhaps he can point us in the right direction as I completely forget where he acquired them after all :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

lol… interesting.
Sodapop and i have been talking in DMs since i joined the site. we had mostly been discussing GDP and he has been answering my questions about breeding. i wanna try some pollen chuckin’ soon…

Awesome! We’ve been pming for a while as well. See small world around here. Very very cool. He’s a great dude too

1 Like

yeah. i am actually blown away by how proactive this site is. a lot of people willing and wanting to help me out. i am grateful and appreciative… and finally feel like this is the place to be. this is comfortable fit and filled with more like minded people getting sh*t done.

want to thank @FirstCavApache64 for inviting me here. evidently he knew what i needed as i wasn’t really finding it at RIU. thanks firstcav. appreciate you.

small world indeed. soda is a cool dude. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

High @Til_Valhalla, very interesting project. As a geezer, I’m taking notes on the Alzheimer/dementia strains.

I’ve recently lost 2 friends with Parkinson’s, and have two more contending with it. I probably missed it in your posts, but what strains are you looking at helping with that?

2 Likes

I’m glad you were directed here as well. Ironically @FirstCavApache64 is a good friend , a brother in fact and one helluva guy. Seems you’ve already found many awesome people, I love hearing this. I’ve sent sooo many people here and have yet to see one leave or be dissapointed over the years which is much less than I can say for elsewhere. Much much less in fact

3 Likes

Hi there.

a few strains come to mind with Parkinson’s =
Kosher Kush
Lavender Haze
Trainwreck
Amnesia Haze
Bubba Kush

i have a gelato x kosher kush cross in veg indoors. abuela showed some positive response to gelato in testing 2 weeks ago. seemed to be a good afternoon strain. good mood and relaxed but still functional.
never grown kosher kush. i do have seeds tho.

hope that helps.
thanks for stoppin’ by.

1 Like

ha. small world.

firstcav pretty much introduced me to anyone worth the introduction over there. i’m glad we found each other. i think vets always find each other anyways. the BEST brotherhood. anyways he pointed me in the right directions and helped me get up to speed on a lot of stuff. i was LOST. (thanks FC)

our last convo over there he pretty much told me i was in the wrong place and invited me here. evidently he knew what i needed. glad he did.
i have gotten more action and offers of help and actual help in 5 days here than 5+ months there.
shrugs

quick backstory - used to smoke as a teen and still smoked in my 20s on occasional deployments in the military. had a couple buddies that were heads like myself and we would meet locals, sample the local ganj and try to smuggle seeds back (strain hunting before strain hunting was cool! lol) and grow them out. we could get them to sprout, but would always get deployed again or deer would eat them or… or… or… so never got to finish.
got out of the army, kids were born and i went sammy straight guy for many years for my work. when i “left” the scene there was no internet. there was high times magazine, sensi seed bank was the ONLY one, and lengthy jail sentences for anyone caught in posession. skunk was big, and northern lights was just making its presence on the scene. that was it.
getting back into the scene was a shock. there are thousands of seedbanks. there are legal states. weed is on the internet. you can BUY weed on the internet in some states. there are fem seeds. wtf is a fem seed?! there are autos. wtf is an auto?! there are MILLIONS of strain names. there are thousands of flavors. i keep saying this, but i was the proverbial frozen caveman woken up in modern times. my learning curve has been straight the f*ck up with afterburners on since day 1. i have had to pack 30yrs of cannabis “moving on without me” into 3yrs. and i’m still the retard in the room with much to learn.

7 Likes