The Apothecarium - Outdoors / Organic / Medical

Thanks for the reply. Does your cross help with your abuela’s tremors? I’ve been reading that THCA has been helpful for some patients, but, other than Kosher Kush, can’t find much info on that in the profiles of the plants you listed.

Someone mentioned Romulan here, which I’ve got in veg now.

I’ll keep following along :slight_smile:

The garden is one thing, the cause is definitely a whole other level. I’ve lost two grandparents to Dementia/Alzheimer’s, one just at the beginning of the year, and it’s strong in other places in my background. Scares the shit out of me, if I think about it too long.
I hear you about having folks to talk to and bounce things off of, even in a legal state like us here. Still gotta worry about security, and things can get especially lonely when they’re also so damn exciting, eh? Watching grass grow is about as exciting as I need anymore.
Sounds like your work is pretty meticulously on point, thoughtful, and standardized in your fashion. I can’t begin to say I can help properly, but I will certainly keep you in mind if I hear about anything on your lists or anything regarding neural degradation and cannabis.
Glad to hear you’re fitting in as nicely as can be.
Good luck, bro, more than moral support, you got an admirer for the work.
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost: :raccoon:

3 Likes

i haven’t been able to test the GxKK cross yet. it is still in veg. only about a month old. but it is VERY vigorous. i think i’m going to clone it.

my problems are many, but one major one is that i have the seeds, but not the space or time. so many just waiting their turn(s). and so many that i have already tried that don’t work.

ok. if you have the spare time, and enjoy some dry scientific reading, i always recommend starting at two locations:

1. the actual national organization for the disease in question. usually there are a lot of good docs in there doing research and putting out papers and articles and not necessarily sponsored by big pharma.
    Medical Marijuana | Parkinson's Foundation

2. this place pulls together research from all over the world in catalogued medical journals and papers form university studies etc.
    Marijuana for Parkinson’s Disease? - PMC

either of those two place above will give you months worth of rabbit hole links to click on the bottoms of the articles bringing you to source papers for the study data. click click get some.

quick google search pulls up a few aricles:

6 Likes

i’m sorry for your loss.
it is kinda scary. there was a point where she knew she was slipping and trying to fight it… now… that spark is gone. sad to watch.

yeah dude. felt pretty isolated. i can hang, but it has SUCKED. had a really nasty scare my first year. police helicopter overhead days before my first harvest. sh@t myself. thankfully they were busting up an illegal immigrant prostitution ring 3 bocks north of us… all the chopper pilot had to do was look down… and watch me sh:t myself and try to move like 30 plants indoors running tree to tree for cover like i was back in. holy sh:t what a day. was expecting the cops to kick my door in any second. had visiting nurses over for abuela, my wife was on a conference call with her work… f^ck. never happened tho. thank GOD.
this site is helpful. just trying to keep myself from ramble typing. got a sh^tload to say and a lot of questions. trying to keep a lid on it.

yeah… i don’t know where all my work is going to go. maybe the next person can benefit from it. i’m not a scientist or doctor. i was a medic in the army, but that’s the extent of it. my wife loves her mom and i love my wife. both are familia. i do what i have to do. shrugs
my problem is inconsistency with my notes. but i have a good memory (despite being a stoner) but i know documentation is important. paperwork is annoying to me so i get lazy with it from time to time and just rely on my memory. (which doesn’t help the next person so much lol)

hey man… right now, people just reading my ramble typing and offering encouragement, asking questions and displaying any interests in what i’m doing is helpful. being isolated sucked. so thanks for stoppin’ by. appreciate you.

and yes. any assistance finding my missing strains, helping me find local growmies to help me grow some of this sh*t out would be great too… but that’s almost as impossible as finding th OX seeds… no one want to get pinched in an illegal state… but damn dude… the disease doesn’t stop progressing and i’m kinda racing the clock to find the right strain(s). space and time (and cops) are my biggest enemies.

7 Likes

Thanks for all that. I’ve actually been through most of those. I read them, but when they start differentiating between Indica and Sativa, I take all the rest with a grain of salt. :slight_smile: Most of the “research” just seems to be parroting some other alleged “research,” or trying to sell a product. 1st hand is hard to find :frowning:

1 Like

exactly. that’s why i like to dig into the first two links i sent.

the national library of medicine is REQUIRED to post all the studies used in their articles. they are posted at the bottom of each article in footnotes.

click the footnote links.
follow the rabbit holes. that’s where all the white papers and medical journal studies are located.

footnotes.

1 Like

And, more rabbits, lol!

@Til_Valhalla you’re both standup gentlemen!! Phenomenal growers to boot. The Lavender seeds came from the ever generous @misterbee and I hope him and the missus are doing well and enjoying their week.

4 Likes

true… but that is the internet now. wading through oceans of advertisements, scams and bullsh^t to find the truth. nothing worth anything is ever easy or free. gotta put in the time.

that’s why my research took so long for Alz/Dem. and will probably take as long with Parkinsons.

2 Likes

thanks for the plug but you give me far too much credit. i am mediocre at best as a grower. so much more to learn and dial in. i still have new grower anxieties 3yrs in. (am i doing it right? is this going to work?) i’m not winning the cover of high times anytime soon. :smiley:

oooo… a lead on lavender. thanks @Sodapop

3 Likes

First Harvest Award
goes to: Blimburn Blackberry Kush!

this may seem a bit premature, it is by about a week, but if you could see how close the others are and realize it’s only going to be me trimming… well… i’m sure you can understand why i want to space out the dry/trim.
also, we haven’t had any rain here for about 3 months. i knew when it did finally let go, it was going to be a hand of God storm.
woke up this morning back and knees hurting. looked threatening rain all day. finally broke about an hour after i pulled this guy and finished with the trim.
also beat the storm by bringing in all the plants just before the big blast of winds came in. got soaked, but kept my head on my shoulders when the hail and branches started falling. whoooo!
that sh*t hurts when it clonks off your head at speed.
i don’t want to deal with hail damage or bud rot after all this work.

just gotta make sure the dogs don’t decide to eat some fresh “salad”.

smelled real nice during/after the bud wash. hands were super sticky just from the wash while i was hanging them to dry. had some nice heavy king kong buds. i remember back in the day as a teen everyone was enamored with the big buds. big buds meant strong healthy plant. so if you bought a bag and it had one big fat bud in it, you were pretty stoked. if it had no seeds in it, you were uber stoked.

11 Likes

2nd Harvest Award
goes to: Blimburn Purple Kush!

this was a real close toss up between this one, seedsman critical purple kush and barney’s farm bubba kush.

deciding factor was yellowed leaves. this one was just slightly more mature. 5-10% ambers. again, i’m ok with this. my dry process is pretty 3rd world as well. hang in the master closet which has an AC vent blowing into it. consistently the most cool/dark place in the house. because it’s still 90F+ and low RH, i figure my dry is going to take about 4-5 days. 6 tops. AC still running most of the day.

plant produced some long colas. not super fat, but certainly respectable. i’ll take it. very floral smell to it. we’ll see how it works. hope it does.

9 Likes

Nice! Now time for the hurry up and wait :wink:
Awesome

1 Like

What about that smell? We’ll done on all of your plants.

1 Like

i grow other plants. backside of the fence i have grape vines, marigolds and sunflowers.
inside the fence i grow other herbs. basil and thai basil put up a good stink all year.

i also have not had to grow any skunky or chemmy strains (so far).

there is a big church field behind our house. gets a good breeze thru the alleyway all day.

5 Likes

3rd Harvest Award
goes to: Kannabia Purple Kush!

not many king long buds as the last 2, but MANY buds. it produced a lot of cola sites. there were some worthy of photos with the can, but most interesting was the colors it produced. from light to very dark purples. nice floral scent on chop. will see how it works for abuela.

was consistently one of the healthiest plants in the garden. liked the full sun, didn’t mind the heat.

9 Likes

I’m not wearing my glasses so things are ever so slightly fuzzy, and when I saw that last picture, I thought holy shit he’s got a lot of plants in the ground! How awesome!! Then I noticed the hangers… lol (1)

1 Like

HA!

would LOVE to grow like that. but the dogs would annihilate anything on the ground. hell, they won’t let me grow grass back there 4yrs in a row. put sod in this spring. it’s already worn down to dirt again.
they run and wrestle and chase each other around the flowerbeds.
the young dogs destroyed the fence around the brand new flowerbed my wife put in last month. it’s full of dug holes and the mulch is all over. not a flower to be seen anymore. >:(

this used to be a flowerbed. full of flowers.

this is the last remnant of ANY flower from the flowerbed. the rest are shredded pieces.

4 Likes

4th Harvest
Shoreline - Grandaddy Purple

this one was originally going to be a clone mom inside, but was left for dead a few months ago. indoor space got infested with spidermites while i was out of state and wiped a whole crop of GDP and Louis XIII clones. this is the only plant that survived treatment and bounced back in the summer sun. i was so impressed with the comeback i decided to transplant, feed it and flower it outside.

i’m a believer. i will for certain be starting another shoreline GDP clone mom for inside when space is avail. i have 2 autos in flower that should finish in a few more weeks.

Rockster ™ approves

8 Likes

All I can say is wow @Til_Valhalla your plants look amazing! Great job!

And Rockster is of course the best doggo :dog: :heart:

4 Likes