The Bank of Stank

At 5 weeks now it’s hard to believe that this LA Confidential will be ready in just 2 weeks. But this is the quickest finish of all the cuts I have. The Purple Punch is more like 8 weeks, and there’s a couple others in that timeframe. But 7 weeks is pretty insane. Plus its always the biggest most vigorous plant in the tent. She’s a really great plant but this will probably my last run with her. She’s grows too big and fast, but more importantly, the smoke has tendency to make us feel a little off somehow, like mild headaches. The stone is just not great for us. But a total stunner otherwise. Maybe this harvest will smoke different but I doubt it.

22 Likes

And here she is beasting out over the others in the “faded tent”. Has like 3 yoyos pulling her back in all directions lol.

I wasn’t sure what to expect from the heavy stripping of leaves this round. Everything below what you can see is completely gone. I thought maybe they might stay green longer, or maybe yellow even faster, but the result seems to be almost no difference in fade. We’ll see if the weight is heavier in the end.

Of course the 3x3 has almost no fade yet in comparison. Next round I’m going to remove the red/blue strips from the 4x4 and see how it affects the fade. But I’m kind of noticing the buds from the heavy faded tent are always bigger, stickier, smellier, and even seem to finish sooner. It’s all very interesting to me.

I recently switched away from LED for all my veg/moms/clones and they seem so much happier now under T5 HO. They stay green for much longer.

14 Likes

Here’s the 3x3 at 5 weeks.

And the Triangle Kush is just looking and smelling absolutely DEADLY. I am excited for this one, to say the least.

23 Likes

Man I used to get some AK47 that I suspected was being locally grown that would blow your head off. Ima keep following.

3 Likes

Looking good. I’ve got the stretchers on the left. About to hit lights. :beers:

2 Likes

@schmarmpit have you noticed this on the gooey!?! Still just a clone in veg!

16 Likes

Haha yes, she makes an impressive amount of frost even young!

10 Likes

I was afraid it was pm at first, then looked closer :sweat_smile:. First time I’ve seen this, gotta get her grown out and take cuts to try sooner than later.

7 Likes

You said PM and I sprayed my monitor with sulfur water. I would never let it in again!
At 5-6 weeks in now, she stays squat, is very leafy, kind of loose/airy spear shaped buds, but so incredibly resinous and sappy that I could use it as a mouse trap. Smells good too, but I can’t pinpoint what yet.

And at only 38 days, I’m sure some quick Jimmies out there would be totally fine chopping this LA Confidential cut at 40, no problem. If you have the patience, you can watch it ripen before your eyes haha.

26 Likes

Yeah! you know me!

I’d take some OPP. Looking great @schmarmpit

6 Likes

LA Confidential at 42 days and ready to play. I give her an extra week to ripen the trichs. Buds as dense a rocks.

34 Likes

Holy resin rails Batman!

3 Likes

The Death Star cut is finally starting to bring some stench starting in the 6th week. I’m getting new shoe rubber and a musty skunk. Aside from the early fade that I get on everything in this tent, it’s definitely starting to remind me of the plant I grew back in the day. Nice golfball buds shaping up, tightly zig zagging up the stem. If this smokes like I remember then it will probably take out the Crippy from the lineup.

26 Likes

Its like a frost factory in here man.:snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:

Really beautiful flowers.

Great to see Mom Gooey still going. Had her a couple of years ago.

Great work man.

5 Likes

Thank you kindly. I’d love to hear your experience with Gooey. This is my first run with her. I’m noticing kind of loose and leafy bud structure but just absolutely dripping in resin from inside out. I’m getting lots of fruity dank smells at 6+ weeks now. I’m very interested in what the effects of the smoke are like, and how long you generally take her.

Here’s some great info from the breeder:

01-02-2007, 01:54
from Gooeybreeder:

This is Northern Cali Gooey, a 21 year old plant, kept alive all these years after making her from all pure strains from old school genes.
Orig. 1972 Maui ( which was made up of Asian pot)
Real Mex Gold
Real Columbian gold
Cambodian ( came back with a friend who was over there)
And a wonderful Thai ( this was a fantasic old Thai that was super sweet and resiny. This was the last thing added into the gene pool. NO dutch genes at all)

This was the best plant from those old trials and one I just couldn’t not keep all these years. I have not met one person ever that didn’t just LOVE this smoke. It really does have it all, but I wanted even thicker, more dense buds, so that’s what Gooeyroc is all about! So thanks to all who are helping me with that project. I love sharing her folks, she’s my pride and joy.

Any other Gooey strain ( Afgooy or the like) are not related to Gooey, or they are very resent crosses ( I know of noone that has any other than mine at this time)
Gooey is a one of a kind plant. Clones fast, yeilds very well, resins up the first week and doesn’t ever stop, is made for lower light rooms, but can handle any room out there. All the buds posted on this site thus far of Gooey bud came from 4" clones, meaning 12/12 was introduced at 4". SOG is best with Gooey as I have seen SOG grows of her produce 8lbs from about 3400 watts of light, done in Rockwool slab grows. Gooey seed is not ready yet. Testing has to be completed before seeds will be put out there. The overwhelming taste and smell ( sweet and full bodied), Complex, well blended high, and low trim time with high yeild trim for resin ( for all the hash makers out there!).

15 Likes

Hey @schmarmpit , it was back in 2015 that I ran her.

It was pretty leafy too, I documented it on Breedbay at the time and just noticed another grower mentioned the same thing and Gooey Breeder agreed it is a trait.

I let it go 9 weeks, to be honest I only kept it for 2 runs. It was nice to run a legend, but it wasn’t exceptional for me. (@ 9 weeks anyway).

I know Gooey Breeder and other breeders always mentioned it as a great breeding tool, but Im not a breeder and as a stand alone smoke it didnt tick enough boxes for me personally.

I love Gooey Breeder and his work and I dont like to be negative. But that was my honest experience.

Here’s a pic from a screenshot from Breedbay.

Edit, Im out of likes sorry couldnt give some love to your reply💚

10 Likes

Very nice! Your buds definitely filled in well. I’m thinking mine will start stacking a bit more soon. I figured I’d go at least 9 weeks as well. I truly appreciate the honest opinion on the smoke! I’ve got no expectations, I’m just on a casual quest for a holy grail strain. The smoke will have to be great to make up for the incoming trim job.

Here she is 45 days.

20 Likes

Too much green in that tent! Let’s have a color show instead.

Ken’s GDP:

MAC1:

Grape Ape:

28 Likes

You’ve definitely got her dialled in man.

Shes packing on the trichs. She’s a hash makers dream for sure.

Also I did read Gooey mention that she packs the weight on fast when she starts to swell and I deff experienced that too.

ps still out of likes :green_heart:

8 Likes

Damn!! Can’t wait to hear how the GDP and Grape Ape smoke!! Sure are pretty, but the truth is in the smoke!

7 Likes