The Bank of Stank

This Big Chem is starting to get BIG!! Hope the stretch stops soon! Big thank you again brother!

9 Likes

Oh man, I’m excited for you. I want to see how big you got her right now. By the end of flower you will REALLY understand her namesake! She produces in a major way.

8 Likes

Well, more than just a couple stray anthers were found on the NL5 today. The two showing herm also had some seeds forming. Dammit. I wasn’t checking often enough. I took the two worst offenders down today at 60 days even though they needed a bit more. REALLY hoping everything else is not pollinated too. Doesn’t look it.

25 Likes

That sucks , hope rest are still virginal

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s the game you play running seed. Worse comes to worst, at least I’ll have the entire 4x4 with clone onlys. No worries with any of them.

9 Likes

I’m doing cut clone year not so much because of shit like that , but because I’m tired of growing 8 plants from seed and 1 is good , or none . With a known clone or cut I dont have that issue . I also have a better canopy and easier growing .

I’m not looking to discover the next great bud , just give myself the chance of growing the best bud I can . If I’m gonna devote 4 months time to something I want to stack the cards in my favor .

My first round of clones was amazing . Got 3 keepers out of 5 cuts. The 2 that didn’t stay were still very good , just not exceptional .

This round now is your cuts , so I’m gonna say my good fortune and luck should continue at least through this next grow . After that I’m out of cuts :see_no_evil:

14 Likes

It’s a shame, I’m finding anthers on all the NL5 now that more room is being created. They really need another week at least, but they’re not going to get it. I don’t have the time or patience to be looking out for these all day. And clearly the pollen is viable. Preharvest pics on the remaining two.

NL5 #1 (so colorful!)

NL5 #3, she started of whorled with 3 branches per node, but grew out of it by the end and was alternating nodes like normal. This is one massive cola though!

26 Likes

man that’s rough… so they all made it to week 8ish and then threw nanners?

9 Likes

Yeah, that’s my story with them. Meanwhile the Jungle Spice and Lavender are all anther-free still, so I don’t think it’s environmental. Maybe these NL5 would be more stable running from cuts, but this is my seed tent. Only chance a seed plant has at being cloned is from a reveg, and there would need to be a damn good reason to do that.

14 Likes

Sucks on the nanners but comes with the territory I guess. So you never clone seed plants and depend on revegging them? What has been your success rate?

4 Likes

I would agree with you , not your room .

Such pretty plants too .

Sorry to see this , done in your rooms???

3 Likes

I basically run small numbers of seed, like 6 per strain, and if I find anything I really like then I pop the rest of the pack and maybe clone then. Depending on a reveg is tricky because you don’t know what the smoke is like still. I would have to be so enamored by a plant’s growth, smells, and visual appearance that I would choose to reveg. Or maybe I took early samples I really like. I’ve revegged about 5 or 6 plants by now and they have all made it surprisingly.

Heck no! The 3x3 seed tent still has 4 plants left (2 Lavender, 1 Jungle Spice, and my Sour Chem clone). Then the 4x4 is all clone plants and staggered 2 weeks behind so I can clear out my drying tent by then. Still lots to get through!

I will say that this Pink Lemonade #2 cut from Annunaki is definitely worth running. If you don’t have anything lined up by next round then I have a few more awesome clones up my sleeve for you to try.

16 Likes

I meant those plants done in your room, not room done, i know your no quitter!!!

7 Likes

Oh haha, yeah all 4 NL5 plants are hanging as of now.

10 Likes

What i figured, correct move huh! Too bad, hate to see that crap happen.

6 Likes

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation of your reasoning

5 Likes

The lavenders have some really unique smells , I’ve liked the ones that turn more colors the most based on overall smell and taste. A lot of potential in those genetics I’m surprised with how many beans went out we don’t see more of them being grown.

8 Likes

I’m thinking it had to do with how they were distributed. Weren’t these the ones that only a few people got hundreds of seeds, instead of hundreds of people getting a few seeds?

4 Likes

Yep it was a group buy so the resulting seeds were split between those who pitched in. One member of the group disappeared and showed back up 2 years later but I think some even managed to find there way to him.

4 Likes

The Lavender are now at 71 days and still taking their damn time. Trichs are looking good but they keep throwing new bracts. I’ll give them another week but then it’s time to go. The squatter more colorful one has taken on a much sweeter tone recently, a lot like Blueberry or Mother of Berries. The greener one is more skunky, almost cat pissy.

@Heritagefarms I also got 4 of your Plantinum Pineapple F4 just transplanted and will flip in two weeks. They are looking real good!

And I still have another week or more on this Turbo Diesel cut (CSI: Sour Diesel x Chem 91). It’s quickly becoming one of my favorite smokes. Just a great, up, happy high. And she produces big fat nugs that just reek and have that classic sour taste.

And while I’m in here I’ll post an update on the 4x4 tent, now at 50 days. At least 3 of the plants in here will only go to 56 until harvest. I forgot that they go so quick, and the Lavender are taking longer than I expected. Now I’m going to be in a tight spot trying to squeeze all these plants into my tiny controlled-dry tent. I need more room! These were all green and purdy just 1 month ago. Now look at them! I’m tasting the rainbow up in here.

The Mother’s Milk #31 looks pitiful. She was never really happy for very long and the buds are so tiny. But damn the smell coming off the bud pinch is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. Extremely strong OG kush scents mixed with candy and, I don’t even know, but it is powerful and greasy! Makes my mouth water.

Blue Dream – Pink Lemonade – Strawberry Cough
Mother’s Milk 31 – Tropicana Cherry --“Unknown - GA1”
MAC1 ( 2 weeks behind) – Wedding Cake – Purple Urkle

35 Likes