The Bank of Stank

Good to know, as I’ve never actually tied it myself yet to see the difference. Only heard about it.

7 Likes

Right, me too. It’s all over the place but I’ve tried it at least a good 10+ times across 10+ different strains and every single time, if the seed plant hermed, all the clones of it did too.

6 Likes

Life is too short, too many plants/seeds to mess with Herm’s , been lucky nuff to rarely see them, but when i do its bye bye

7 Likes

That blows. There’s gotta be a way to reverse stuff and also make sure it’s not herm-prone, right? Or maybe just don’t sell seeds that’re prone to herming? I dunno.

That actually did make me chuckle.

I sooooooo wanna say something right now, but I’m not going to because I’m afraid I’ll jinx the current grow haha.

9 Likes

Just say it, mini. Jinx the damn thing already!

9 Likes

Uh uh, no, I won’t say it. I don’t even remember what it was I was gonna say.

Just kidding, I do remember, but I’m not gonna say it haha.

11 Likes

I took the SinMint Cookies down at 63 days. She grew almost exactly like I remember the Blue Power growing, so there must not be much GSC in this mix. It’s the only one I’ve really seen like it in the whole pack from 2014, just waiting for me right at the end. It grew slow and didn’t stretch much at all, but this would absolutely kill in a SOG. She stacked nicely underneath even though there was basically no light. And no herming, yay!

With the Lemon G x Lemon Party and SinMint gone, the four Platinum Pineapple have a little more room to stretch in their last week or two. Looking like 70 to 77 days for these gals. Not huge flowers but definitely getting very hard on the squeeze. Smells are all over the place on these, some fruity, metallic, skunky/gassy and everywhere in between.

And the Mendo Breath doing her thing. Should be done at 70. Solid plant but she’s gone after this.

30 Likes

Like the look of Mendo

7 Likes

Switching to the 4x4 clone tent, at 40 days, I have some new contenders I’m watching this round.

ASS#1 Bodhi cut starting to develop a menthol licorice stank with greasy trichs.

The Great Southern Trendkill Skunk AKBB cut is a leafy beast that is just now starting to get an earthy musk going haha.

Dante’s Inferno (Black Velvet cut) from Clearwater via some contest won by brother @Swe-can ! She’s dressed to impress, smell is on point. It’s some supermegapolyhybridcookie mashup, so I’m not expecting to get stoned, but hopefully it tastes as deeeeelicious as it smells right now.

34 Likes

Killer update - everything is looking :fire:

2 Likes

:boom:

LMAO!

6 Likes

Hell yea, love the name of that “great southern trendkill” RIP dimebag

7 Likes

I chopped down a couple more of the Platinum Pineapple at 71 days. Looks like this strain could easily go 11 weeks or more. That surprised me a bit, and I’ve got an overflow situation in the veg/mom tent, so these had to go. Early tester cuts (from 9 weeks) are smoking great already, so I’m fine taking them now. Surprisingly smooth and potent stuff! The early dried smell and taste on a couple of them are great. No intersex issues found on any of the four, and relatively minimal phenotype variation in this small batch I ran. Definitely a nice strain to try if you have them.

I’m changing the lighting back to 18/6 in the 3x3 to veg the new lineup, but I’m leaving the Mendo Breath and Platinum Pineapple #4 stay in there for at least another week. I’ve done this a few times and never seems to cause any issues. They finish up just the same.

Coming up next I’m running 5 plants from SCJedi testers using his Grape Stomper OG male (GSOG), and 4 clone-onlys I’ve not grown yet.

Mango Mintality x GSOG #1#2#3
Duct Tape x GSOG #1#2 – Tangie
Banana OG – Afgooey – Grape Pie

34 Likes

I’m a fan of Rasta Jeff’s work and his show, and he is a big believer in going back to 18/6 for the last week or so of flower. I’ve never done it, but he often says the buds chunk up at the end. Have you noticed this?

13 Likes

Yeah but they all typically chunk up at the end, right? I don’t know. I wouldn’t do this if I didn’t have the space constraints that I do. I can’t really say if the last week on 18/6 makes them any MORE chunky then staying on 12/12, but at the least, they certainly don’t seem to mind it. I would hope there would be an equal payoff if you’re spending the extra electricity.

15 Likes

I haven’t been paying as much attention to the 4x4 clone-only tent but I’m real happy with how everything’s growing this round. I went up from 3gal to 4gal fabric pots and it appears to be paying off. Some of these plants would be even more yellow by now at 52 days. They are all making chunkier buds, too. I attribute that to the GLS PROGROW 640 that’s on it’s first run, more so than slightly bigger pots. It’s an amazing light. I was eager to upgrade to it after seeing such great success with my gromies. Well worth it going from my 5-year-old HLG600H V2 (anyone want the old one at a steal?). I’ll start pulling some of these beauts in just a couple weeks! Timed it perfect with the dry tent this time, too.

30 Likes

You still running the trop cherry??

5 Likes

My last run with her. Mom is gone.

11 Likes

I only gave the trop cherry one run. I found the high just kinda meh and while she is pretty I need a lady with more then just good looks.

Your tent looks great, going to be a killer run. Thumb :+1:

10 Likes

Yep same here. Very pretty bud, decent taste, but the high is nothing special. So she’s gone.

I’m hoping this upcoming Cherry AK47 cut delivers a better stone with some cherry flavor.

18 Likes