The Bank of Stank

GMO’s “Deathstar”, what I now call Deathstar OG is a pretty darn good cut, just not actual Deathstar. She grows well, has like 3X stretch, and piles on dense golfball buds for a big yield. She even has some of the smells of Deathstar, more so while growing, not as obvious dried. The high is decent too. But I’m after the real deal, and you know when you got the real deal. The whole neighborhood will know it, too.

14 Likes

Yep that dank AF , funkiness is definitely unmistakable! Been trying to locate the real deal myself. I’m thinking cloney may have the real deal from what I’ve heard…. Hope you find her, hope we both do! I’ve recently acquired Matteo’s own cut of death Bubba and it’s got me itching to have that delicious funk factory in the stable too.

7 Likes

Here here! This newest cut from rarebuyer looks legit, but I probably always say that lol. But there are others in the same boat with me and they recommended this rarebuyer cut. One thing is for sure, I know in my heart what the finished product should be. I’ve smoked more Deathstar than anything else, and even grew the damn thing out many years ago. I just hate to see GMO selling that “Deathstar”. This is how shit gets all messed up!

14 Likes

Yep…. Exactly right, I hate trying to decipher what is legit. Looking forward to your results. In fact I’ll probably hold off on getting any until you grow her out as I don’t really wanna get a “sus” cut. I smoked a crap ton of DS back in the day too, and my mentors brother had her for a long time and she actually shared our stable so I’m pretty familiar too, it’s that smell/taste that I can’t get away from. I’m all about that dank af stuff! And there’s only 6-7 strains ever that I hold in the same regard as far as dankness goes! Definitely top 10 for me no question. And if I can manage to put all ten in my stable…. I’ll be truly content for once. Looking forward to your next run very much :facepunch:t2:

4 Likes

Noted. I’ll gladly remind you of that. :wink: We’ll see where I stand after flowering them out as well. I tend to stick something in a tiny pot and eeek it along just in case… Haha. I’ve got seeds by the dozens too, and I haven’t popped but maybe 20 seeds in the past couple years.

4 Likes

I see you got Gooey in there holding strong at spot 18 lol. About to harvest Afgooey in a week or so. Gonna compare the similarly named strains.

4 Likes

I look forward to your comparison! Mom Gooey is so unique compared to most everything else I’ve run. She’ll be with me for a while I’m sure.

7 Likes

24 days in the 4x4 and everything is doing well enough. Can’t seem to keep the Lemon G or Stardawg Guava green but I’ll eventually figure something out. The smoke from last run is premium even though they both ran out of steam way early.

And I’m thinking about flipping the 3x3 soon. Maybe will go another week, get closer to a month between both tents.

Tangie        --        GMO            --   RS-11
   Goji Pinesoul    --     Cherry AK47       --   MAC1
Bandaid Haze Church --  Bubba Kush (Berger)  -- Deathstar

And even though I’m getting back to seeds, I’ll never truly get away from trying new clones. I was just sent two cuts of Sunset Sherbet for comparison, the “Sherbinsky” cut and the “Pushpop Yoda” cut. Always wanted to try Sunset Sherbet!

29 Likes

None of the Sour Kush or White Widow were viable it seems. No surprise there as I’m burning through my oldest seed packs. But I was surprised that only 4 out of 7 Black Cherry Soda BX2 made it to sprout. Those were from 2020 and fridged the whole time. They were small pale seeds though, so who knows. Maybe the moon is messing with me lol.

In place of the duds I decided to pull out my oldest Bodhi pack, Sunshine 4 from 2017. @HolyAngel has been getting me excited seeing his reviews of the Chem4. 8 beans are now soaking. I grew 3 out back in 2017 and ended up with one girl that was devastating smoke. I shared some with my buddy who’s not a regular smoker, and he said he felt ‘crazy’ for 6 hours! haha. Hoping all 8 show up to play! Here’s the gal from back then:

I also sprouted a 3 bean freebie pack from Dynasty called Lucky Fruit (Kiwi x Grapefruit).

32 Likes

Very nice! Stoked to see that Sunshine #4 for sure! God speed little ones :pray:t3:

5 Likes

Oh, that’s cool. I like the Dynasty Grapefruit f3’s I grew last round a lot. It was a little too hot here when I was drying those plants, pretty sure that fucked up the flavor, but the high is still very good. I wonder what Kiwi is… haha.

7 Likes

The real question is, what is Ice Queen :thinking: it’s either an unknown indica or a nl/ww/silver pearl thing. The Blue Heron is the Blue Magoo BX1 male. Should be some tasty herb!

@schmarmpit :pray::pray::pray: on the sunshine4 germination! I have some f2s of those from @newb2.0 I need to get to. Gonna hopefully live vicariously through you for a bit tho :yum:

11 Likes

I feel your pain brother

4 Likes

Hahah you guys are awesome! @HolyAngel @minitiger
I had never heard of either of those crosses but I was like, whatever: fruity, Dynasty, lucky, I’m in! Glad to have that info though.

10 Likes

Anything Dynasty has my attention. :eyes:
Grown a few by them, lots of fire.

6 Likes

That SS4 looks incredible! I’ve definitely appreciated the SSDD crosses that I’ve had more than the F1s that I went through. Hopefully you get a good germ rate & ratio on those & excited to see what comes of them.

6 Likes

Better than I did w my one-fer:) Two and two would be pretty cool!

6 Likes

That’s interesting. I ran a pack of the SSDD F1 as well, back in 2018. Had several gals but nothing that really spoke to me. I have not run that many SSDD crosses though, but wow, that SS4 was some powerful stuff.

Yeah, I’m hoping the same! I also have 5 beans left of TGA Plushberry which I’ve considered cracking along with these. It’s just the Black Cherry Soda x Space Queen. That was some memorable bud back in the day!

I’m going to have to save those for next time. I messed up and popped too many seeds this round! I just got too excited hahah. I also got 6 of Doc D’s Black Energy x Dragon Energy sprouting now too. SHIT! This will force me to cull more clones, which is where I want to be, but it may happen all too soon. I also have some leftover sex test kits that might help me out of this little pickle. Let’s see what happens!

12 Likes

I haven’t ran the SSDD crosses yet, have one Mendo Sunshine going now in veg, but from the Pure SSDD’s, I’ve been through 3 packs of F1’s and over 60 F2’s and still only have the one keeper to show for it, if that tells you anything :wink:

Definitely interested to see how these turn out :muscle:

7 Likes

Dude! Super excited for ya! I’ve grown Bad Dawg’s SS4 7&8 that was great! My anytime herb! Definitely one of my all timers!! Cuts through the the fog day or night. Kept cuts from that seed pop for a couple years now.
I picked up a couple packs OM4 recently, that I’m excited to get into. Following along with ya! Sending positive vibrations!

15 Likes