The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

May I add my friends band Digging Roots to the Indigenous Day playlist?

6 Likes

It sure has been a strange year so far. I am not complaining though, after last years heat…
I actually think its been nice not being so damn hot, but we have had alot of rain…
Guess I can’t complain about that either, the less forest fires the better!

8 Likes

Ya, you guys went through hell (literally) last summer.

6 Likes

Glad you’re good , Fukin Peg man and over by the university is a real shit area , stay safe

3 Likes

About this time last year was when the fires kicked up around here. It is quite the contrast weather wise being so cool and cloudy all the time. Thankfully the few thunderstorms going thru have had heavy rains with them for the duration so at least everything is getting soaked this year. Overall though it has been a dry cool spring with lots of overcast. Temps are starting to be warmer overnight but still under 10C… 5 or 6 average for past 2 weeks I’d say.
I spent all of last summer on evacuation alert from various fires in our immediate vicinity but the greenhouse prevailed. The closest fire was real close… but crews and weather got it managed by september.
Not growing much this season as I’m too banged up but will probably try and get 4 plants into 20 gallon totes and get the wife to water them until I can get mobile.
Indigenous day eh? I am Metis, descended from Chief Little Hunter of the Saddle Lake Cree Nation,signatory of Treaty 6.

8 Likes

wondering if anyone here can shed some light on some of the pinks that I see going around in flower form. Is there a truly 11 week pink in seed form, or even reefermans pink kush.

I see that old school breeders association sells a reefermans pink, but was wondering if any fellow canucks have seen it in seed form, or have experience working with the pinks. A friend of mine got some 11 week pink from a mail order site, and it was super tasty and knocked me out.

3 Likes

Tribe called red.

Sprinkle, i think there is going to be a potcast episode with reeferman soon.

4 Likes

Listen to this story…
Children in Alaska ingested floor sealant because it was in plastic bags, just like the milk. And, it looked like milk! OMG, a stark warning for those who would…drink milk…from plastic bags. :wink:

5 Likes

milk in bags is a disgusting way of life. those poor kids are victims of big milk

3 Likes

The Old School Breeders Association is a scam and nothing they have is legit.
Same goes for the bc bud depot and those bunk genetics floggers crop kings seeds.
I can’t tell you how many BC growers I know that have bought seeds from all these clowns and grew gardens full of bunk hermies or genetics that looked and smoked nothing like what they were supposed to be.
Reeferman markets his gear as Scott Family Farms and is trying to crack into the Canadian legal market from what I understand. Many breeders of the past and present are currently working with Klonetics in Canada in an effort to offer their genetics to qualified/licensed canadian growers. On the surface that sounds great eh? Except that the boys at Klonetics built their company on big oil and then decided to buy their way into being a genetics provider to Licensed Producers and Medical Growers. Not sure how I feel about that.

7 Likes

Today’s dairy gripe:

Fucking yogurt. Why is it so hard to mix? Why do I risk spilling yogurt everywhere to be able to mix in the jam? Why don’t they just add 1cm of headroom on the package so I can stir it?

Jerks.

And this isn’t even mixed!

I do not like having my breakfast interrupted by falling yogurt.

5 Likes

I thought you only bought one litre tubs. What a life of luxury!

2 Likes

Would scraping it into a bowl before mixing work?

3 Likes

I have multiple yogurts to fit my whims. But there’s a banana flavour that’s quite disgusting. I used to get ones the same size as 4” pots but not anymore.

Yes I suppose it would. But then I’d have to clean a bowl which is similarly unacceptable.

3 Likes

Chopsticks.

YOU’RE WELCOME.

3 Likes

Now you sound like Mrs. F and her bong!

3 Likes

No way is this an effective stirring method for yogurt. You have no surface area for lifting and mixing.

2 Likes

Break out the China Lilly cardboard bowls and a throwaway spoon . Your garbage can will thank you.
That or if you’ve got a cat they wash dishes pretty clean ready for reuse.

2 Likes

You lack the technique then! I used chopsticks for years at the video store for 'gurts like a boss.

2 Likes

I lick my own dishes clean before putting them away.

It seems like such overkill to put things in other things so I can just enjoy my things.

2 Likes