The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Now don’t tell me Smokey The Bear was a guy in a fur coat dammit. Shattering 50 yr old tv truth man…rocks my foundation LOL

1 Like

This is accurate if your in Toronto on Church street during the right time of year. :+1:

2 Likes

image Reminded me of this guy (SANS Dreads of course) why you so scarey @Pigeonman LOL

3 Likes

AHHHHH more childhood trauma thanks LOL Isn’t the right time of year ‘Always’ on Church St.?

2 Likes

Being from Scarberia I’m curious about when where in Toronto did you first encounter culture shock, or should I say shock when realizing you were jaded as a kid? Nothing bad I mean, like my Scarborough neighbourhood in the 60’s and 70’s was typical. Families, petty crimes, white ‘gangs’ motorcycles etc. but a couple places blew me away in my early teens, when I was just getting into getting high (grade 10?). First of all the CNE, I religiously went with my family annually since I was in a stroller. When I started to go to 2 buck blue jay games I spent more time at the CNE Late 70’s, what struck me besides them patrolling the Alpine Way was…the fashions of some of the girls and guys were just getting outrageous after the 1975 school TUBE TOP ban (sad times) LOL. Also the first time I went to the Roxy Theatre on Danforth to watch, of course, The Rocky Horror picture show (at 15 yrs old), was life altering… Happy Sunday Canucks

3 Likes

Well @Cannasaurusrex on the subject of the sunglasses they keep ya’ll safe from my dark-soul leaking out my sight portals and into your raw nightmares.

And On the subject of “always on Church street”: NOT in full furs due to the heat… HOWEVER Anime North is CURRENTLY RUNNING so if you are downtown you might not run into bears in fur but instead legit furries :worried:

(cold shudders)

3 Likes

Not sure which part of that post is most disturbing…you seem so nice in public LMAO I don’t wanna know what it means to be a ‘legit furrie’ nope where’s my safety blanket?

3 Likes

@Cannasaurusrex I grew up in North York… :face_vomiting: (Finch/Yonge area). Suburbs HELL like a Larry Clark film somedays…

I lived on my bike, went park to park finding friends to keep occupied until I could legally work and then I got a part-time job while also dealing with high-school. After having access to spendable coin I’d end up downtown all the time so there wasn’t really much “shock” for me tbh.

My sis is 13 years older than me and was quite the club-kid so I got all the culture force fed to me by her as she was legit the MuchMusic generation and would end up in the “downtown scene” until she went to university out of town. :man_shrugging:

I miss the concept of electric circus but seriously there were some tweaked out weirdos twitching on camera when that was still a thing! :rofl:

Also, young Dr. Lisa Cuddy is as hot as her matured self when she was just a wee wittle v-jay :smiley:

Then:

Now:

4 Likes

Yeah it freaks me out too but i’m no kink shamer so as long as they do themselves without harming anyone away from me I’m all for it. :rofl:

2 Likes

My first ‘legit’ job was at the pit stop at yonge and Cummer (wedgewood) quite a neighbourhood, hung out with a few guys from the high school there, moved to the Peanut when we got married in '88 tough neigbourhood as well.

I concur! Fine looking Lady.

1 Like

:open_mouth:

I LIVED ON RUTH (*aka Wedgewood but near Bayview). The spot you talk of was amazing WHEN A LICKS BURGER SHOP opened up! You had a solid convienience store, a video rental store, a pizza shop and a burger joint!

Then of course condo culture took all of that out of the picture.

@Foreigner knows as he dealt with the same shit for a while at least lols.

1 Like

Do you remember the burger joint south of finch (willowdale ave?) where all the cars and bikers hung out in the 70’s and 80’s was like Christophers charcoal pit only in North York and had all sorts of hot rods on friday and saturday nights, that was a fun hangout.

1 Like

That for me sounds like Johnny Anderson’s but that was on Yonge in between Finch and North York civic close to 52 division.

South of Finch at Willowdale was a landscaping supply when I was around, and the closest burger joint on finch would have been in-between Leslie and Bayview in the plaza at the base of the ravine before the river.

My era would be 80/90’s.

1 Like

I think you are right, yeah its been 30 years or so since I cruised that neighbourhood. When we met you we continued to drive around our old neighbourhood, most of our secret frisbee-throwing, pot smoking hangouts are still there. My son even caught a rainbow trout out of highland creek last fall…I couldn’t believe it. Scarborough is still an awesome place to me.

2 Likes

Yes Johnny A’s for sure.

The bowling alley is gone. I saw one of the lanes in a pile of rubble.

1 Like

It’s why we choose to stay in this nice corner of Mordor… but as a bonus is this is a 5 min drive away with free parking:

Aka: the locals part of the ScarBluffs.

:grin: :metal:

8 Likes

I am new to this group, but I am very active on IG and would really like to become a trusted member of this group. I have Prolific Coast Bean’s that I wouldn’t mind trading for some variety. I have read the rules and regulations when it comes to trading and I am just making this post to make some conversation and let you folks know my intentions, I am looking to trade for serious genetics also :).

Have a lit day!

14 Likes

WELCOME!! Take a seat, kick back, get ready to be AMAZED by the OUTSTANDING Canadian membership!! I KNOW you’ll be right at home, if that’s what you’re looking for. Stick around, take care, be safe, and be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Not from Canada but welcome to Overgrow, there should be a couple of Canadians here on Overgrow…:joy::sweat_smile::rofl:

3 Likes