The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

You almost need a mid-long flowering auto strain that will finish in 90-120 days@tappy. Or a bit of both.

4 Likes

Everything I’ve ever run outdoors in Toronto has always been a race against the frost. I give them until the first sign of frost damage and they’ve always been too early for my liking.

Never done it, but autos sound like the way to go.

All strains are of course different.

7 Likes

ah, im in your hood. small world. im between the Great Lakes north of ya.
Yea its year to year, can fall apart in a minute. 4-5days of rain from a hurricane in late Sept and your season is over.

6 Likes

Have a big yield auto that I’m selfing with colloidal silver to get a bunch of femmed seeds…seeds should be ready for a safe planting in early summer. Gonna be driving around in my work truck with a flat of seedling and a bunch of 2 litre bottles full of water…lol…no open field is safe.

4 Likes

If I had a good supply of autos I’d put them in irrigated sections of commercial and residential (condo) properties. No need to water!

Edit: there is a vacant lot beside my building that still gets hit by the sprinklers. Such a place would be perfect.

5 Likes

Well now you just might be my neighbour…Cheers, Ice fishing tomorrow on Gull mate, look for the cloud of reefer smoke and listen for the laughing. Thats us. Free doobs for all, bring a chair…mention OG an we’ll hook you up with free seeds…Free hoser OG promo day. Dm for gps coordinates LOL Any OG hosers around, come out on the lake tomorrow it is going to be a beautiful day. Bring your legal rec and drop a line. Introduce yourself we don’t bite, our bong hits do…

9 Likes

@Cannasaurusrex That sounds really unsafe…you’re going to be doing drugs while out on the ice playing with fish hooks?..lol…jk…sounds awesome!!! Catch a nice pickerel for me!!! Fillets for you, carcass for the raised beds/garden!!!

4 Likes

C99 will finish up in Ontario. I’ve grown it outdoors in the GTA it was ready by thanksgiving.

Durban does well here too.

5 Likes

Like Gull Lake in the Gravenhurst area?

1 Like

ahahahaha, thats the ticket!!!

2 Likes

I have a C99 cross to run this summer. been fascinated with it for a bit. fast flowering full on sativa effects. love it!!! Bros Grimm nailed it I heard on that one.
Yea, Durban seems to work nice locally, from my experience. Except for those really long flowering types, they wont work. I stay away from those. But there are quality Durban cultivars that will work nicely in the Ontario GTA southwestern area.

6 Likes

I’m thinking of trying some C99 crosses this summer too. The NL won’t finish up in time down here and I’m not sure about grapefruit x blueberry so I may try some of the crosses to c99 this summer and see how it shakes out.

2 Likes

Bit of a long sled ride from my area.LOL but gotta love the outcome. I just had some walleye last night. Looked in the cupboard and saw ripple chips and lemon pepper and thought :thinking:

12 Likes

Someone here hooked me up with some C99 to run, cant remember the hybrid tho. Gotta look it up.
I know there are 7 weeker females to be found in the C99, so Ive read. 7 if u needed to at least.

4 Likes

I just smoked a joint, ran into this pic at the wrong time lol.
Love me some Walleye. My ol’ man loved them Walleye cheeks.

4 Likes

Minden area just off hwy 35 Gull lk gravenhurst lol the one with the floating bandshell in the 60’s? Thanks for the flashback! I am in the Kawartha’s as opposed to the Muskoka’s, more middle class peeps round here, Muskoka is well home to like …Kevin O’leary types. LOL Only Lakers and Whitefish in Gull here, and 1 line limit also slot size, so fun day which we stop smoking weed 4 hours before driving home unless we have a DD…Oh ya we have a DD with us, they get an actual chair and the best hole in the ice as their reward…

4 Likes

How thick is the ice right now?
I’d hold out for better bribes than that to be your DD!

Cheers
G

1 Like

Most are agricultural workers fruit pickers, greenhouse workers, pork and poultry workers, healthcare and to a lower extent dancers for strip clubs.

3 Likes

about 2 feet, full depth of the average auger. Stay with populated areas on the lake i its your first time out. OBEY all safety rules…this is Canada, we just go on foot, but lots of trucks and obviously sleds and 4x4’s are safe. Don’t need to bribe, family members are willing and diverse. A DD with a med script can drive legally “be sure to know the effects of this drug before operating mahinery,or driving a vehicle” pretty much covers it, BTW

5 Likes

Great day everyone got sunburned, wearing only tshirts util the breeze came up LOL. lotsa fun, caught 1 keeper Lake trout, smoke a joint while talking to game warden… great time, no hassles, wonderful family/friend day of smokin’ like McPuffins. May do an invitational for southern ontario OG ice fishers, next year…oops…IN southern Ontario FOR ALL Og’ers from anywhere! Would be fun.

2 Likes