The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

This is true lol

4 Likes

They’re just trying to crack down on people cutting into their profits.

Nobody gives a shit if I go to a few shops to buy (and pay taxes) on 95 grams/day.

8 Likes

You’re probably right lol. A 16 year old high school could be profitable when I was growing up… something else they dropped the ball on and punish everyone else for

3 Likes

Absurd - both needing & getting authorization in the first place.

On the assumption that the 95 grams / day was accepted in the past - really bizarre - the whole kabuki theatre of it…

9 Likes

Crap…

If you have a Dr who is willing to take the time to advocate on your behalf I can see it working out.

My conspiratorial mind says they’re trying to inundate the doctors issuing these prescriptions with endless demands for more paperwork for ever lower plant counts as time goes on. Driving Dr’s out of medical cannabis.

5 Likes

They can do whatever they want. It will just go back to the good ol days lol. It’s been legal and illegal so many times over the course of history it’s mind blowing

8 Likes

They can take my life but they can’t take my promix…

8 Likes

It’s just sad that they are wasting time and money on cracking down on this when that energy could be going into improving the legal market or bigger issues going on in the country (housing, economy etc)

6 Likes

If they make the law make sense and easy to follow I will probably follow it.

If not I’ll just do my own thing.

11 Likes

I will just keep doing the same thing I have been for the last 19 years, legal or illegal it what I love to do and nobody can take that from me

11 Likes

Amen to that

7 Likes

I suspect the lowering of standard amounts with the logic of “medical standard says x” will get both growers and doctors finished with one stone. They want to reduce plant counts so low that you can’t grow decent weed. Of course you don’t have to select, every grow is perfect and they’re all female right? Not to mention you should buy only the seeds they say are OK.

All this stuff is divorced from reality that the industry will collapse as everyone ignores impractical and absurd rules.

I’m never paying 10-15$ a gram because my wife has a bad back. As @Kushking902 says back to the pirate ways.

…and time to stop feeling all riled up haha

5 Likes

Aye, aye captain! :pirate_flag: :grin:

3 Likes

To be fair… no homegrower has 463 plants and most of the ops they busted doing shady shit were probably licensed.

Don’t think they had your average OGer in mind on this one.

5 Likes

Any enforcement at this point in regards to home growing is strictly complaint based. Local forces have bigger fish to fry and the CISO are focused on criminal orgs and LPS/micros who are diverting.

6 Likes

I think in the end this will lesson the abuse on the system. I think anyone objectively looking at this would see 95 grams a day is just ridiculous. Being medical practitioners these folks should not be selling overinflated prescriptions to people. I doubt it will have much effect on folks with reasonable prescriptions.

8 Likes

Hi all. Just checking in from Manitoba.

7 Likes

I have heard that they want to end people growing at home all together.
With people growing at home, they don’t need to buy weed from the government. That cuts into there profits.

9 Likes

Nice to meet you.

Saw your post about Richard Williams and beanhoarder. I’ve grown a bunch of both and had good experiences.

4 Likes

Welcome to og @TricycleOfDoom

3 Likes