The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

I see what you did there! :rofl: :clap:

1 Like

Latest military hardware: weaponized whales.

2 Likes

Is that thing launching a nuclear warhead out of its blowhole?

That ain’t ambergis…that’s napalm!

2 Likes

You’re no match for my narwhal brigade.

2 Likes

You think those tusks are ivory, but I swapped them out for nerf.

2 Likes

Reminds me of one of my favourite Wee Willie poems: :laughing:

Willie saw some dynamite,
Couldn’t understand it quite;
Curiosity never pays:
It rained Willie seven days.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

It’s to fight the Southern climates:

4 Likes

Hey you wonderful north- north Americans!
I’m considering vacating the U.S. of A. , and Canada is an appealing option. I’ve looked into permanent residency visas, and I know that there is demand for my profession.
My question is this: Can you folks help me narrow down areas/ provinces/ cities to explore as a future home?
I’m extremely outdoorsy, hiking, backpacking, paddle boarding, etc. I’m a former chef and I want access to bomb food. I’m a massage therapist, so I do need to be either in a city, or city adjacent so that I can easily access clientele. Also, I’m not rich, so reasonable cost of living/ housing would be dope.
I welcome all input if you’re willing to share! If there are things that a US citizen might not think about during the planning phase, I’d love to hear that too.
Edit: I’m also 40 ish, and single if that’s pertinent
:bear::+1::pray:

6 Likes

Just a quick question for my fellow Canucks! Was wondering if any of you could shed light on the difference between ubc chemo remo chemo and Montreal chemo. Are these all essentially the same or was there a difference?

No kidding. So why are you considering Canada?

3 Likes

Lol, well compared to where I live even living in Ottawa would be 20% cheaper in terms of cost, so it’s kind of relative :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Climate is important too.

The cities are all crazy expensive. Even commuter suburbs are not cheap. City adjacent really isn’t a thing around here.

Can’t really help with PR.

I have my own reasons for not wanting to live in Ottawa.

Best of luck.

3 Likes

Hey @HeadyBearAdventures I feel like as someone that has been to most of the major urban centres in the country, and lived in three of them (Montreal,Toronto,Halifax), that each area has its own charm, and the cost of living has somewhat evened out across the country, with slight deviation towards more expensive around Toronto/Vancouver. If you are into the outdoors most of the country would tick those boxes, and having an in demand job that you could do from any area really puts the ball in your court.

I love this country, and every area is charming and has its pros and cons. I think visiting and getting a feel for a couple areas might be helpful. I always find the best discoveries are through immersion. Regardless, keep me updated, and if you end up on the east coast let me know!

1 Like

BC stands for Bring Cash in case you didn’t know. :laughing:
Prices here are ridiculous.

6 Likes

The Remo Chemo is a cross of UBC Chemo crossed to a Bubba Kush as far as I know.
Not sure of the Montreal Chemo, I have never heard of that one.
The regular UBC Chemo is a nice strain.

2 Likes

Look into the calgary area in alberta. If you are extremely outdoorsy its a great place to live.
Prices aren’t as bad as all the other major cities from what I’ve seen and there are some cheaper options nearby.

The outdoor areas are getting a bit busy but I don’t think they are as bad as Vancouver area

it also depends on your political leanings… if you are at all democrat leaning, rural canada is probably not for you so scratch alberta, manitoba, sask and the BC interior off your list LOL
I know, we are not to go political here and that is not the intent but anyone moving to canada should be aware that things west of Ontario tend to work a little differently than the east so political leanings do come into play when making a relocation decision.
Then there are the provinces and terrritories and thier specific rules on home growing weed as it is not the same all across the country. Some places you are not even allow to grow your own at all.
BC can be very good depending on your needs. We chose the interior, near a small town with endless recreational opportunities from our doorstep. Fishing, boating, tubing kayaking, ATV riding, ice fishing, snowmobiling, hiking cross country skiing, biking, hunting… the list goes on. One of the winners of Top Chef Canada has a small restaraunt just outside of town.
Communities like ours dot the landscape in the bc interior and home/property prices are still lower than the big cities.
Life in general, for every part of the country,(except special quebec) is about to get a whole lot more expensive as our government continues to make bad choices that are adding increased cost to all parts of our lives. A big recession is rumoured to come this year (2023) so you might want to rethink choosing Canada as an exit strategy.
Personally I’m looking for my way out of Canada LOL and Alaska is most appealing to me

6 Likes

A generalization , I don’t agree with all his views but some are spot on lol

3 Likes

There was a couple that were spot on.

2 Likes

You could come to the prairies still cheap out here northern part of the province a million lakes and rivers plenty of out doors stuff to be had. How big of city you wanting will dictate some places to look?

1 Like