The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

We have more dispensaries than school desks for students in Ontario.

And the fastest growing occupation is standing at the offramp begging for meth change.

7 Likes

That’s a natural water slide with a more than 15’ drop on Lynn Valley Creek in N. Vancouver. As a teen, we’d hike down to the creek, about a 45 minute walk, get all fucked up and slide down that slide for hours. Holy shit what a blast! You can’t get down there any longer. As a provincial park its gotten all built up, with a freakin’ two story concession stand, paved parking lot, etc. It’s a zoo. In 1967 it was just flat dirt (a parking lot. HA!) and the suspension bridge. We would often hide our stashes on the far side of the bridge in the brush. I forgot where plenty of pot was. Sigh…

If it weren’t for this impinged left shoulder and the fact that while I might be able to get down there today (if it weren’t fenced off), I most definitely wouldn’t be able to get back out, I would LOVE to be getting all fucked up and hitting that slide again this coming summer! Oh hell yes! One of the most fun times of my life.

7 Likes

They told me I didn’t have enough experience.

3 Likes

Merry Christmas to all you yahoos !!

5 Likes

Who did your tattoo, @mota ? Do you remember?

2 Likes

That would have been Doc Forbes. His shop was at East Hastings and Davie Streets.

Doc Forbes

My two pro tats are here, Inked skin anyone? - #93 by mota. My hand-poked “FUCK” is also pictured there.

5 Likes

Holy shit, that’s awesome @mota ! I thought you might say The Dutchman or someone like that, but this is a whole other level of old school coolness! :+1::+1::grin:

1 Like

@budderton, The Dutchman in Burnaby wasn’t opened until 1982. Doc did my ankh in 1967 and my Dead roses in 1968. Definitely be considered old school today. It was such a trip, and Doc was so nice to a dumb city kid. d8JBdDJ

3 Likes

This is super cool! Love Canadian tattoo history, and doc is one of the greats!

2 Likes

Anyone ever smoke out of a whale bone hash pipe? :laughing:

4 Likes

Classic stoner move… “Hey dude, bet you could smoke a bowl out of that!” :laughing:

2 Likes

I have smoked out of many home made pipes. :rofl:

2 Likes

First you gotta get yourself a whale carcass.

4 Likes

What is the best method for extracting the bones these days?

2 Likes

I think the article says explosives.

4 Likes

I have smoked hash from a walrus tusk pipe… does that count??
hehehe

5 Likes

I would say that counts. Close enough. :laughing:

2 Likes

Explosives and dead whales are not advised lol

8 Likes

Well that was interesting. :astonished: :nauseated_face: :rofl:

2 Likes

First thing that popped into my head!

2 Likes