The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Sneaky Disease?

2 Likes

That’s another! lol!

1 Like

An awesome hole with surprisingly good food.

Sneaky’s was the very best graffiti covered dive in the city IMO.

1 Like

Certainly since the Bamboo closed.

1 Like

It’s only if you eat or drink what’s served there.

1 Like

Fuck. All y’all DO NOT want to walk the younge strip or queen strip anymore.
It’s a plastic consumer hell hole surrounded by condos.

5 Likes

Same with Queen west. There’s still a few good places there, but it’s not what it was in the 80s.

edit: I missed you said Queen

2 Likes
1 Like

or the 90’s… Agreed 80s was the raddest years but I only caught this area in the early 90’s onwards. My sis is 13 years older than me and made sure I was in the loop :rofl:

3 Likes

Boxing day sales at Sam the Record Man…

2 Likes

It was still good then for sure.

In the 80s there was still lots of closed shops (west of Spadina) from it’s hellhole days and it was transitioning into something really cool.

1 Like

Nuts & Bolts with the stainless steel dance floor…

1 Like

I can still vividly remember regulars from Domino and Psychedelic Mondays at RPM…

The guy in the fantastic four t shirt ring any bells?

1 Like

What was the place with the giant wire spools as tables?

Sorry, I have a hard enough time remembering the names of those places…lol

1 Like

What street?

I vaguely remember the spools but can’t place them.

Trying to think of the places we’ve not mentioned too…x-rays.

Bovine?

Twilight zone after hours was usual post domino Saturdays…

I do Doug.

Veal sammiches and late night giant slices on Yonge.

1 Like

I think it was Dundas just east of Yonge…it was a dive, I think you went down a bit of an alley north off Dundas and hung a right into the door. 101 Bond St maybe? Around Victoria or Bond.

1 Like

In all honesty one thing that’s very entertaining is waving at the condos where you can basically see human-fish moving about. Doing this has resulted in curtains getting closed which makes me laugh pretty hard every damn time.

Looking past Fort York is a sea of buildings, some converted lofts making me always think of 2 things:

aka:

&

(aka: reclaimed land all those condos were built upon)

I rarely went East of Yonge back then unless it was to hit the Danforth for a show or Dangerous Dan’s instead of Chinatown after a night out.

I was a Queen West resident.

2 Likes

Me neither, though we went to this place that I can’t recall sometimes before concerts. They played great music and drinks were cheap. It was only a block or two east.

Haha! I got it…The Live Wire!

1 Like