I have no ideas I never
grow the one you ask

all I know is that UEL
grow great in Quebec Canada
done by mid to end of september.

its a fast sativa very speedy trip.

Bare

8 Likes

Just overstating the obvious; but who else is also excited to break ground and get their food crops started in addition to their outdoor grows started!?

I’ve already got 50 plugs sprouting with kale and tomatos and am itching to get the others items started.

This year we are adding to our crafting plants 6 types used for natural dye making. But ultimately it’s my Garden Huckleberries that always make me glow.

6 Likes

I’ve got that itch brother

12 Likes

Amazing! What do you have going on in there?

3 Likes

Mainly cold season stuff at the moment. I started most things I’m going to plant in my hoop house ahead of time so that I can harvest sooner.
Multiple varieties of all of them,
Lettuce
Mustard
Spinach
Swiss chard
Arugula
Onion
Leeks
Collards
Mesclun mix
Cauliflower
Basil
Parsely
Zinnia
Calendula
Nasturium
Tooth ache plant
Poppies
Hollyhock
Tatsoi
Kamatsuma
Delphinium

I’m sure I’m missing some. Going all by memory at the moment. I will post my lists later in my thread including each variety

11 Likes

How big is your vegetable garden? :exploding_head:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Last year it was 35 x 110 foot garden and a 12 x 20 foot hoop house set up with raised beds for 124 sqft of planting space for sqft gardening and 17 more. 4 * 8 raised beds and a large round circle bed.

Here’s my sketch work of the greenhouse design and my raised beds design.

Here’s a green house pic from last spring

And here’s some of the raised beds.

15 Likes

Wow! That’s gardening for real! :smiley:

4 Likes

Really nice, looks like an Ottawa Valley rock garden!

Well done! :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Very nice set-up!

So far i’m only popping for now:
Dinosaur Kale (Lacianto)
Tomatos (Rodade, Moneymaker, and Aussie Giant Oxheart)
Indigo (blue dye)
Madder (red dye)

In a few weeks:
Romanesco broccoli
Woad* (blue dye)
Weld* (yellow dye) (*Mix weld and Woad and you get Lincoln Green)
Golden Marguerite (golden yellow dye)
Dyer’s Broom (Yellow dye)
Garden Huckleberry
Collard Greens

I’ve been cleaning up the raised beds, I have 6x 4x4’s, and 6x 4x8’s.

Three of my 4x4’s are permanently planted:

1:Egyptian onions, French Sorrel, Bloody Dock.
2: Tayberry, Golden Raspberry, Black Raspberry
3: Year round waterfall pond animal/bird water source with Creeping Jenny

One of my 4x8’s is permanently planted:
Oregano, Valerian, Lemon Balm, Lavender, Sweet Grass, and soon the dye plants.

Surrounding all of this is a 20+ year old Rhubarb patch, Raspberries, Black/Red/White Currants, Jostaberry, and both Pink & Green Gooseberries.

It’s a lot for being in the middle of Canadian Mordor (seriously the CN Tower i always watching), but it keeps us both sane and fed :smiley:

Only thing I have a pic of this year is my water retention pond which keeps everything from drowning if it rains to much, or helps with the swampiness of spring as we have a very high water table. (Willows grow in my neighbours yard).

And our new cedar rose awning which we made from live cedar that we needed to thin out on our family property North of Toronto. So, the cost of a 2x4x8 pressure treated here is currently 13$ Canadian… so FUCK THAT, we paid for this with time and labour instead.

Will take pics of the actual garden when it’s nice again outside. Today was +16c today and going down to 0c on thurs :unamused:

13 Likes

-4C last night! Peppers will have peppers on them by the time they go outside.

8 Likes

What’s everyones opinions on the upcoming changes to the Cannabis Act/ACMPR this October. Do you think the days of easy licenses with nice plant numbers are a thing of the past? I’ve even heard some discussion that the entire program will be scrapped, which IMO won’t happen. A few bad apples could potential change the ACMPR in a way that will effect 1000’s of patients who aren’t abusing the system.

6 Likes

Canada is all about control. I think they will greatly reduce everyone’s number and increase inspections after the fact

8 Likes

All they want is for the majour companies to succeed, our Marijuana laws In this country are very sad.

6 Likes

@Chronickyle I agree 100%. I haven’t followed along since the inception of the act but its pretty clear when you read between the lines all the potential changes are geared to put more money into the hands of these big legal producer outfits and federal owned cannabis stores.

I have a high plant count license but I grow small plants and enjoy the hobby of popping seeds and pheno hunting. There are so many variables why someone would want a higher plant count. It just sucks to think the minority(black market) is going to effect, potentially in a large way, the majority(medical growers following the rules).

6 Likes

The government wants corporate entities to control the market. They really want the tax revenue AND stomp out the black market (sort of)… They could zap the black market at the cost of some of the profits but that diminishes their cut of the pie & their appetite is insatiable.

That leaves the ACMPR folks. Just like the home brewers, no taxes (other than sales tax on supplies) are collected. I’ll bet we start hearing about ‘inspections’ of high plant count folks soon, they are the low hanging fruit…

Cheers
G

9 Likes

My Dr recently told me that Drs are being strongly told to lower dosages on prescriptions. I was told they are being told that anything above 5g a day isn’t needed by anybody other then those selling it .

It was obvious at the time of " legalization " that the medical folks would end up being attacked at some point . Especially after those places that charge x amount of dollars for x amount of plants , thanks to their Drs , started flagrantly using that loophole .

Bottom line is they vastly over estimated the market demand for their poison shit weed and are now attempting to blame legitimate medical growers for their hugeeeeeeeee short comings on their bullshit green rush . Sadly because there is no big money to be made by allowing patients to grow their own medicine we have nobody officially speaking up on our behalf.

9 Likes

Its sad how the government runs, they should be working for the people but it’s all about lining their pockets. If they truly cared about beating the black market like they say. They should just let farmers grow and sell it for a few bucks a pound like any other crop. Bamn no more black market. Somehow the government can’t even make money controlling the market they should just give up and let us produce our own medicine with no regulation because the irradiated garbage they sell isn’t medicine.

11 Likes

Ya those numbers are obviously absurd, but keep in mind the government itself set those limits. Its really insightful as to how little they actually know about weed. Rest assured whatever changes they make will make things much worse lol

Also as much as these larger, illicit licensed ops are putting out onto the black market is probably a drop in the bucket. So they’ll spend millions and countless public employee hours to come up with new arbitrary, asinine new regulations and I bet it won’t make the slightest difference whatsoever (besides fucking the little guy).

This is of course what health Canada should be concerned about IN THE MIDDLE OF A GLOBAL PANDEMIC lol. Canada!!

13 Likes

Well said beacher. Lot of the true true there. :+1:

5 Likes