The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Damn that sounds horrible. I kinda regret signing up for medical growing as now I am on that RCMP list where my address is listed as somewhere where someone grows. Mine expired like 6 months ago, sent in the renewal in November and still nothing yet. Should have just stayed in the shadows :stuck_out_tongue: I had a buddy a few years back that had his THC levels capped and I thought it was insanity. Had no idea this was a widely used thing though. You can tell whoever came up with all the rules for this shit knows nothing at all about weed.

When I have no homegrown weed I still rely on the black market as the quality is better and the price is much cheaper. Still haven’t ever bought legal weed and don’t plan on it (unless quality goes WAY up and price WAY down which is def not likely)

I find it both hilarious and blood boiling that the ocs are able to sell an oz for 560$. Above the black market price for a QP LOL and the sad thing is they’re still somehow losing money. Oh well I hope all the LPS crash and burn.

Wonder when my renewal is gonna get here, if ever. I shouldn’t have tried to raise the count from 49 to 96 or whatever but that license to grow place at the time was offering 50% off their reg price so I said fuck it I’ll pay the same as last year for a bigger count lol. Either way license or not I’m not gonna stop :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I was told HC was still running about six months late on expiery times for renewals.

3 Likes

Just did mine about 3.5 months it took

2 Likes

So what are you folks planning to do outdoors this year ?

Just found a handful of volunteers in the garden from last year’s neighbor-pollinated crop. Have some tomato and pepper seeds germinating too.

Was going to do autos only outside this year, but I’ll let these c99 mutts grow out instead if they can survive the frost. It was good smoke and a fast finisher indoors so we’ll see what happens.

9 Likes

For the annuals we’re pumping:
kale,kohlrabi,peppers,tomatoes,peas,beans, carrots, beets, potatoes, cucumbers, pumpkins, butternut squash, zucchini, turnips, broccoli, cabbage ,cauliflower. I probably missed some. lettuce…err dill?
The perennials include:
blueberries, huckleberries, currants, apples, plums, raspberries, rhubarb, asparagus, strawberries.
and a couple of biennials as well.
beet spinach, chard…
and whatever garlic is hah hah.

4 Likes

95 grams a day = a little under 3 and a quarter ounces. That would be a reasonable amount of dry material to process into rick simpson oil for a cancer patient. That might give them up to ~1 ounce of rick simpson oil. I’d want access to an ounce of rick simpson oil per week if I was a cancer patient.

7 Likes

I was up to 3/4 grams of rso a day plus smoking joints battling cancer a couple years back .

Took a few weeks to build up a tolerance though.

5 Likes

That’s great that cannabis was effective.

An experienced grower and patient here told me that when he was fighting cancer he was able to take extremely high doses by using combinations of strains selected for production of specific cannabinoids because of the entourage effect.

edit- he now has assistance with grow space and lab testing and is continuing his work.

3 Likes

I’ve always wanted to have a stock pile of rso as a back up prepared just incase. Any suggestions of how much to try to put away? Or strain suggestions?

Edit, I remember Rick Simpson originally used white widow that he bought through a buddy then went back to the dealers house and dealer didn’t trust him and wouldn’t sell him more haha.

3 Likes

The goal is to take the maximum dose that you can tolerate without any additional discomfort. I was also told that he tried to push himself to take higher doses whenever possible because he felt it was worthwhile and therapeutic in the long term.

In terms of the the strains, you want to achieve the most diverse blend of cannabinoids possible by using heirlooms and ladraces (cbc, cbd, cbg, cbn, thca, thcv, etc). In addition to strains selected for trace cannabinoid production, it is important to have a good high yielding indica or indica dominant hybrid for thc production, and to make sure you are harvesting frequently, and getting large enough returns of oil to meet your needs.

5 Likes

So… Who makes the best maple syrup?

4 Likes

Haha I’ll put my hand up. I made the tastiest stuff ever last year. Cooked it off over an open fire Burning maple. Took forever because setup sucked but wow does it taste good it took on a smoky flavour and apparently smoked maple syrup is amazing. I don’t know if different woods would change that but I used sugar maple as well for the fire wood. Have a lot of sugar maple on the farm.

5 Likes

Dammmmm @Chronickyle who’s legs do I gotta break to get a sample :thinking: of "Smoked Maple :maple_leaf: Syrup…

5 Likes

Kinsip makes a whisky barrel aged maple syrup that should almost be illegal :sunglasses: :+1:
(tastes fantastic but the price is highway robbery)

https://www.kinsip.ca/maplesyrup/kinsip-whisky-barrel-aged-maple-syrup

…and their maple whisky should definitely be illegal :sweat_smile: :rofl:
Final warning… Don’t let your wives see the gift sets…

Cheers
G

5 Likes

@Gpaw WOW. that syrup is gonna be some costly pancakes lol

4 Likes

I got syrup from a Native artist and friend whom gets it from her reserve and it’s traditionally made. So, days over a wood fire :smiley: , and yes. it’s smokey.

So, go spend money on a reserve for the good stuff!

5 Likes

Mmmmmmm. Now I need to make pancakes.

2 Likes

here’s my outdoor project of love. It’s a hydroponic mini-slice of the forest grown organically. Those are native plants I grew from seeds that I gathered out in the woods.

5 Likes

I’m looking to see if any of my Canadian folks here might be interested is trading some beans :grin::grin:

Here’s the list of ones I am willing to trade. Most of them I have extra of and won’t need them all, so I thought others may like to add them to their collection or to grow instead of just sitting in my fridge. All are regular seeds.
2 CBD Caramel @DougDawson
5 Black Candyland @ShiskaberrySavior
6 Black Cookies
5 Doc Holiday x C99
10 8ball Kush @ShiskaberrySavior
11 Lemon Lotus
10 Northern B.C. Skunk x Dragon’s Blood Hash Plant @DougDawson
10 Sour Strawberry @DougDawson
10 Sunshine #4 @DougDawson
10 White x Purple Wreck x Blue Moonshine
10 White Tahoe Cookies x Bull Dawg

11 Likes

Wow bud, yesterday you were treating us all and now more for us Canadians. You are awesome.

5 Likes