The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Marks BubbleGum Autos Regular
Took the best looking fem & male to make “better” offspring.

4 Likes

Hey @CADMAN wasn’t that from the newbie giveaway though? I didn’t see him on the sign up, maybe you sent some on the side? Just wanna make sure @HaRdRoC knows what it is

2 Likes

I may have mixed :flushed: up 1 envelope :email:
Sorry bros.
I think :thinking: a couple people may have got some extras sent out.

2 Likes

It’s all good man stuff happens, we’re only human.

@HaRdRoC you’ll know when you get my package. For sure. 2 pounds of bubble wrap and 3 pounds of tape :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl: hahaha nice

1 Like

Gotta make me work for it eh??? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

Yip I was on there, or I dm’d ya or both :laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

I coincidentally live in Nanaimo, the same town Peak Seeds BC is operated from. I’ve grown several of his Blueberry crosses and some friends have grown others as well. Great genetics all around. I have taken notice of the name Peak Seeds BC, and in passing years have made mental note of all mention. Here are my takeaways:

-Authentic old school genetics; several different renown breeders have casually mentioned acquiring a portion of their original seed stock from Peak Seeds BC from as early as the 1990s.

-Old seeds; the breeder maintains several IBLs and F1 crosses, and so the seed stock is generally 5-10 years old. The seeds are fully mature and hard, and require best practices to see emergence beyond germination.

-The breeder can be contacted directly and provides generous discounts and will haggle. Especially friendly to bulk orders, you can expect approximately 200 seeds (depending on strain) for $300 CAD.

Peak Seeds BC has provided legitimate quality genetics for decades. Highly recommend.

-Dr. Zinko
Seven Trees

7 Likes

I absolutely vouch for MikeJ at PeakseedsBC . Other then some of his newer offerings I have run pretty much his whole lineup .
He has been around since 2001 with little to no marketing for a reason . Great genetics for fair prices .
As for the seed stock generally being 5-10 years old and require best practices to germ. I have no idea where that info is coming from as it has most certainly not been my experience with any of the seeds I have popped . 100% germ rate with no special steps taken with hundreds of seeds at this point .

The great thing about MikeJ is he is very open to questions and talking with folks . It may sometimes take a bit for him to reply . But he always does and has always been more then happy to answer any questions .

5 Likes

Karma cup Toronto
Hemp cup I think in Calgary

2 Likes

Do you know anything about peak seeds C99?

2 Likes

Yes, I can vouch for Mike J as well. Quality stuff. Found some really nice phenos running his gear. Good old school smoke too. In my experience, his pure BB had quite a few mutants and runts, not sure if it’s from all the inbreeding, but I was able to get a few to harvest and they were nice smoke. I’m not complaining at all though, pretty sure he even put it in the description on the site!!

Goes to show you how real he is, his descriptions were pretty spot on with everything I grew. Very stable and consistent, if I grew those strains again from seed, I could pick them out of a lineup blindfolded. The fact that he sells his IBLs is really, really nice.You don’t see that often, sometimes ever. Really good for breeding.

PeakSeedsBC
Dman seeds
White Buffalo Seed Collective
House of the Great Gardener
Next Generation Seed Company
JOTI
7 East Genetics
HempDepot (a seedbank, but there’s a bunch of breeder offerings on there)
Dr. Greenthumb

Don’t forget the icing on the cake, All the kick ass breeders here on OG!!!

I know there’s probably some I missed so if anyone wants to name some feel free.

Including all of the Old Timers, the men and women who helped preserve and grow when many of us were still in diapers, the list is endless.

Some of the best plants I’ve grown were gifted to me, and quite a few were from some super potent bagseed. Once you start popping seeds you’ve made yourself, that’s when the magic happens(waaaay cheaper to phenohunt and stock up the seed stash too, lol) There’s tons of awesome stuff out there, waiting to be grown.

9 Likes

Ya man!! I’m just learning about all that stuff and am impressed. So great to see all these like minded ppl helping each other out!

4 Likes

This is the very reason I signed up on OG. I would never find all these local resources on my own.

3 Likes

Yes I have grown it a number of times . It is indeed the original c99 genetics with both pineapple and grapefruit phenos to be found . The pineapple is what gave c99 the rep it has . The grapefruit is good too , just not the rocket ship fuel of a sativa the pineapple is.

4 Likes

Pretty sure his inhouse brand is Beanhoarder

2 Likes

Yes, pretty positive Beanhoarder is their in-house breeder. I’ve never seen his stuff available anywhere else. Brad from HD is a good guy, and super quick to get back to you. Never had a problem ordering from him, and of all the orders I’ve made from Canada, in Canada, his are always the fastest. Usually ships out same day if you order early enough.

1 Like

Good to hear. I have him bookmarked but haven’t pulled the trigger yet on ordering anything from him. The one time I was going to one of the strains I wanted was sold out and I just haven’t circled back.

1 Like

If you ever want to discuss strains @Pursuer just send me a PM, I would be more than happy to talk

3 Likes

Thought this was interesting…more like the business model, growers favoured for legalization. Grower direct to customer, what we wanted???MSN

2 Likes