The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

also its honor based, so apart from say Richmond where there are city bylaw mandated gas attendants that pump your gas “old job saving bylaw btw” its up to the driver to “stop” at 30L

My work vehicle though, im considered essential so i can fully fill up.

1 Like

I can not get mine to start. Never had to touch it before so will have to learn its ins and outs. Wish I knew where my spark plug socket is. We got a good dump before which I shoveled but my back did not like it.

1 Like

Usually it’s the fuel diffuser in the carb, if you are mechanically minded. It’s the tube the main jet screws into in the bowl. It gets its micro holes blocked and then starts to idle eratically, eventually not starting.

Last year I cleaned the carb out, cleaned the exhaust baffle as that can affect the choke efficiency, and adjusted all the belts and cables so it now goes in reverse again, we’ll it did last year, I am hoping the gremlins haven’t got back in it this year.

The spark plug is the easiest and best place to start though, you might get lucky :+1:

3 Likes

The damn machine has shrouds all around the carb and you can’t see it without dismantling them. A pain in the ass.

2 Likes

Mine has as well, take pictures if you are going to pull it apart.

It’s about 4 screw bolts holding the plastic on mine once that’s gone, it’s just disconnecting the fuel line, don’t forget to clamp it with some vice grips, if there is still fuel in the tank, then it’s just 2 bolts holding the carb to the manifold. I can have mine apart in 10 minutes now, takes longer to find the right sockets in my toolbox :wink:

3 Likes

I wasn’t prepared to go to sleep in fall and wake up to full blown winter…

6 Likes

You are supposed to sleep until spring…hit snooze lol

5 Likes

you guys get hammered with snow their in southern ontario? In Eastern Ontario we havnt really seen any yet.

5 Likes

Its snowing pretty good here, north of Newmarket.

3 Likes

Hopefully everyone’s safe out their on the highways and roads today. I really dont miss running those highways.

5 Likes

The great benefit of being retired…

looking out the window and saying “It’s a winter wonderland… & I don’t have to drive anywhere” :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Sorry…

Cheers
G

10 Likes

Aloha, eh :man_shrugging:

Any of you know if a Yanquis Devil like me can order a gift on amaz0n for a Canadian…& do I have to use amazon.ca or somethin?

One of your lucky countrymen is going to get a nice xmas present if I can work this out.

:christmas_tree:

6 Likes

I don’t see why not, you could use Amazon.ca. I use both the .ca and .com sites depending on what I need.

4 Likes

i avoid amazon for most everything unless thats the only place to get it.

3 Likes

Don’t apologise, you earned it! Scoff at us poor sods trudging out into the elements! :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

I most hated the first snow (40Km commute).
It is always felt like Napoleon’s retreat from Moscow… :laughing: :vulcan_salute:
3+ Hrs… …and ‘pity the fool’ that didn’t have a full tank…

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I certainly do appreciate it @cannabissequoia but really, you don’t have to do that lol :laughing: :rofl:

3 Likes

yeah, i’m being lazy, no doubt, but i’d just like to bestow a grow-light on someone with a wave of my plastic wand & not have to go to the post office & do a customs declaration & all that(heavy lifting :sweat_smile: ).

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Last chance to sign up!!

Subcool Strawberry Diesel x Space Dude F2, wikified (OPEN, LAST CALL TODAY, 11/29)

Cheers
G

7 Likes

I used to work out of town for a spell and I never got used to driving out in the winter. So much better now retired and looking out the window thinking, “I think I will stay in today.”

3 Likes