The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Ya those totals are as of 10pm last night. It has been raining heavy non stop ever since

1 Like

yikes! thats no good, hopefully it lets up soon. Woke up to snow cover down in the city today.

2 Likes

Nothing but the most positive of vibes for y’all in the path of fuckery! I still envision the piper going out first am regardless of the wet and bellowing with a blowing kilt at the foot of the Colaisde na Gàidhlig!

4 Likes

Still snowing just outside Halifax in hammonds plains, only an inch.

I checked my basement yesterday under the stairs where it has leaked and been repaired, but I still don’t trust it lol.

My back yard looked like a pond yesterday, I hope all goes well @Greenhighlander

6 Likes

That is exactly where my basement leaked from lolol. Thought I fixed it, but I guess its going to be a little bit more of a battle to get it fully sealed. @Shadey Always nice to see other scotians on this forum!

3 Likes

What did you try to fix it?

2 Likes

I made out fine . Power didn’t even flicker . Lots of washed out roads and stuff all around me though.

The foam in the trees of this picture is well over 10ft probably even closer to 15ft of water where there is normal 6" at best.

This is actually a classic DOT story lol
So for years now there has been a reoccurring pothole over top of the culvert . One that actually caused a really bad accident two years ago. But ya once maybe twice a year they come and toss a couple of shovelfuls of ash fault on it . The culvert is half rusted away and actually crushed to less then half its size in one spot.

5 Likes

I had a feeling that there was an issue around the window in the basement, which when it rained heavily would leak water in around the window frame. So I was able to reseal it, but I think now it may require some more sealing, the amount of water was negligible but still dont want to let any water into the basement.

2 Likes

Feel so awful about what’s happening out in Vancouver. Thinking of you all on the West Coast!!

4 Likes

Greenhighlander is in Cape Breton the opposite side of Canada, there are states of emergencies both sides now :worried:

6 Likes

meanwhile in Halifax.

3 Likes

Still snowing here already double what was forcast, I am thinking they messed up and we are going to get a lot more :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It was supposed to be 2 cm last night now 5 cm they will probably just keep increasing there estimate as it comes down lol.

1 Like

Oh no!! wth is going on!!?

1 Like

Same as BC, massive rain storm causing flooding and land slides.

1 Like

Thats getting wild. Hope you and @shadey dont get hit too hard.

For us the roads got a stage worse the morning after as the runoff built up. Shits still crazy. We are about to have another gas issue as there has been an interruption of crude to the refinery.

1 Like

panic buying here as province put on a 30L restriction for the lower mainland per fill up, though it has died down

1 Like

I just thought, my snow blower is in the shed and I hope it doesn’t need a service to get it going like last year. Not that I need to be going anywhere soon lol, if I want I can just wait until it all melts, but I think I should move it into the workshop now, if we are getting snow early this year.

1 Like

Yeah my daughter and her boyfriend in BC have that 30 liter limit which is a bit pointless as you can just go to another garage and stick another 30 liters in if you want.

1 Like

lol, the instant Farnsworth said we can manage OK as long as people don’t panic buy fuel… they started panic buying. It’s basic human/rat instinct.

3 Likes