The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

I hope everyone had a :christmas_tree:fantastic day today, full of :gift: and good cheer :clinking_glasses: shared with family, friends and loved ones! :heart:

:snowman_with_snow: Merry Christmas :snowflake: OG!

7 Likes

:christmas_tree::santa: Merry Christmas Canada Crew! :santa::christmas_tree:

7 Likes

lol, just as I decided to hit the live resin my wife let me know she was having contractions. A trip to the hospital, and now we are back home. Turns out it was just pre-labour. Going to lay off the live resin to make sure I dont blast off when the time comes :rofl:

10 Likes

Oh Canada, bit on the colder side today lol …

7 Likes

Only -20 here atm

4 Likes

Damn… -37c and 68 rh! guess I’ll finally put away the crocs

6 Likes

Eh take my word for it, the resin will help. It’ll be a long night in a hospital- don’t forget some snacks.

Wishing your family all the best.

4 Likes

Tshirt weather here in NS at +1c :wink:

@sprinklememaynee
When my wife’s labour started it was 11.30 at night, she said I think I am having a contraction. I phoned the hospital and they said come in your lucky we only have one bed free

We got there 30 minutes later, there was a guy standing by the door smoking a cigarette, so I asked how it was going as we had to wait for the doors to be unlocked.He said, I have been here for 28 hours now, they are going to try and induce the baby for a second time now. I said I hope it all goes smoothly and happens soon for you and we went in.

We were shown into the delivery room which was still being cleaned from the previous birth. We were told wait here a midwife will be in shortly to check the progress.

30 minutes later the midwife arrived, checked my wife, and said, wow your fully dilated and the baby is on its way.

Have you got your birth plan she said, I gave her the paper and she said well it’s too late for that lol even the pain killers won’t kick in before the baby arrives lol. So she slapped a tens machine on her and off she went. The pads fell off her back and got stuck on my leg half way through as I was wearing shorts.

So I had the wife tearing out my groin and upper thigh while pushing, and the bloody tens machine shocking me every time I shifted my leg so the wife couldn’t rip my flesh from my groin lmao.

90 minutes later my daughter was born. I went back home an hour later to get some things we forgot in the rush, and the guy we met out front was there having another cig. He said how’s it going? I said all done baby girl 7lbs 9 ounces, he was like wtf you have only been in there less than 3 hours. I felt really bad for him lol.

8 Likes

wow omg! haha We were there today and it was super busy. Probably the same hospital you went to. I am hoping for a quick delivery, but will do my best to stay out of the way and be there for support. Went for a long walk after we got back, and am sure glad it was nice and +1.

Thank you all for the kind words and advice, I am so happy to meet my daughter soon :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Okay, KINDA excited about this new service as it allows accessability to a greater range of supply options WITHOUT having to deal with Canada Post or other traditional shipping companies. My other hope is that since it’s a specialized service that they will take the proper care with the items involved rather than the “toss it off the truck” approach I’ve been noting with a lot of deliveries as of late.

Their site is still being worked on, but here is the write-up:

What is Plantrunz?

Plantrunz is a service in the Greater Toronto Area that picks up plants & plant products on your behalf and delivers them to you .

Knowing that there are numerous nurseries and garden centres that are "hard to get to” via public transportation, especially for those that do not have access to a personal vehicle. Plantrunz wants to provide everyone with access to the plants & plant products they want.

1. How does it work?

Purchase your desired products through Plantrunz.

2. How much does it cost?

• fees depend on the following:
  • distance from pick up point and delivery address
  • number of items on the order
  • product sizes
  • additional pick up points

3. How does the payment process work?

Plantunz require a pre-payment for the service charges via e-transfer and sent to plantrunz@gmail.com

4. How do I contact Plantrunz for orders & inquiries?

Message them on Facebook & Instagram @plantrunz

Email - plantrunz@gmail.com

*Pricing and delivery locations.

Metropolitan Toronto Area = $15
M1A, M2A, M3A, M4A, M5A, M6A, M7A, M8A, M9A, M1B, M2B, M3B, M4B, M5B, M6B, M7B, M8B, M9B, M1C, M2C, M3C, M4C, M5C, M6C, M7C, M8C, M9C, M1E, M2E, M3E, M4E, M5E, M6E, M7E, M8E, M9E, M1G, M2G, M3G, M4G, M5G, M6G, M7G, M8G, M9G, M1H, M2H, M3H, M4H, M5H, M6H, M7H, M8H, M9H, M1J, M2J, M3J, M4J, M5J, M6J, M7J, M8J, M9J, M1K, M2K, M3K, M4K, M5K, M6K, M7K, M8K, M9K, M1L, M2L, M3L, M4L, M5L, M6L, M7L, M8L, M9L, M1M, M2M, M3M, M4M, M5M, M6M, M7M, M8M, M9M, M1N, M2N, M3N, M4N, M5N, M6N, M7N, M8N, M9N, M1P, M2P, M3P, M4P, M5P, M6P, M7P, M8P, M9P, M1R, M2R, M3R, M4R, M5R, M6R, M7R, M8R, M9R, M1S, M2S, M3S, M4S, M5S, M6S, M7S, M8S, M9S, M1T, M2T, M3T, M4T, M5T, M6T, M7T, M8T, M9T, M1V, M2V, M3V, M4V, M5V, M6V, M7V, M8V, M9V, M1W, M2W, M3W, M4W, M5W, M6W, M7W, M8W, M9W, M1X, M2X, M3X, M4X, M5X, M6X, M7X, M8X, M9X, M1Y, M2Y, M3Y, M4Y, M5Y, M6Y, M7Y, M8Y, M9Y, M1Z, M2Z, M3Z, M4Z, M5Z, M6Z, M7Z, M8Z, M9Z

Peel Region - $20
L4T, L4V, L4W, L4X, L4Y, L4Z, L5A, L5B, L5C, L5E, L5G, L5H, L5J, L5K, L5L, L5M, L5N, L5R, L5S, L5T, L5V, L5W, M7R, L4T, L6P, L6R, L6S, L6T, L6V, L6W, L6X, L6Y, L6Z, L7A

Halton Region - $22.50
L6H, L6J, L6K, L6L, L6M, L7L, L7M, L7N, L7P, L7R, L7S, L7T, L9E, L9T, L7G, L7J

York Region - $15
L3P, L3R, L6G, L6A, L3L, L4H, L4L, L3T, L4J, L4A, L3P, L3T, L4B, L4C, L4E, L4S, L3P, L3R, L3S, L6B, L6C, L6E, L6G, L6A, L7B, L9N, L4G, L4K, L0H, L4A

West Durham Region -$25
L1C, L1E, L1V, L1W, L1X, L1Y, L1G, L1H, L1J, L1K, L1L, L9P, L1Y, L0H 1H0, L1M, L1N, L1P, L1R, L0C

East Durham - $27.50
L1B, L1C, L1E, L1B, L9L, L0B

Barrie & Collingwood Region - $30
L0L L4M L0M L9S L9J L4P L9V L9W L3Z, L3V L4N L0N L9S L9R

Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge & Guelph Region - $25
N1R N1T N3B N3C N3E N1P N1S N3H N2G N2A N2K N2H N2B N2M N2R N2C N2P N2E N2N N2V N2L N2J N2T N1G N1L N1E N1H N1C N1K N0B N0P N8A

Hamilton Area - $ 25
L1A L8B L8P L8E L8H L8J L8K L8L L8M L8N L8R L9C L8S L8T L8V L8W L9A L9B L8G L3M L9J L9X L9G, L9H, L9K L0R

St. Catharines & Niagara Region - $25
L2E L2H L3B L3C L3K L0R L0S N0A L2R L2P L2M L2N L2T L2V L2S L2W N3P, N3R, N3S, N3T, N3V N3L

London & Woodstock Region - $30
N6E N6P N6N N6M N6L N6K N6J N6G N5V N5Z N5Y N5X N5P N5R N6B N5W N6A N6C N6H N4G N4S N4T N4V K1E K4A N5H N4Z N5A N0B

Peterborough, Belleville, Trenton - $30
K0L K8R K8N K8P K8V K9V, K9A K0K, K9H, K9J, K9K, K9L

Kingston - $32.50
K7K K7L K7M K7P K7N

Ottawa & Kanata Regions - $35
K1A K2A K4A K1B K2B K4B K1C K2C K4C K1E K2E K1G K2G K1H K2H K1J K2J K1K K2K K1L K2L K1M K2M K4M K1N K7S K2S K0G K7H K7C K2T K7A K1Y K1R K1W K0A K0G K6V K7G K7R K6H, K6J, K6K K2V

*All pricing is based per order. For larger sized orders (large soil/substrate bags additional fee will be added). HST to be added.

:heart: YEAH! Accessible Gardening for ALL! :heart:

3 Likes

any members here from vancouver or nanaimo area and know where to get some real strong rso i have a family member going through chemo and is in alot of pain and looking for something to help. i am looking around and trying to find something so i dont have to make it for him and risk losing it in the mail

7 Likes

Wished I could remember the compassion club I ordered from they’re in Vancouver or a suburb been 3 years since I’d had cancer prices were dirt cheap and excellent RSO fast delivery.

I’ll try and find what the name was see if my old computer will fire up and let me look.

6 Likes

I just bought some CBD isolate from buymellow.com, they are in BC from what I understand and they have a good reputation from what I can see. They were reasonably priced (comparatively) and shipped fast.

2 Likes

There price is pretty high I was paying 7 bucks a gram for rso . I think it was called bc compassion club . I know I’d phoned explained my situation to get the reduced pricing.
At my worst I was eating a gram a day so it gets expensive pretty fast.

10 Likes

how much rso did you end up taking total, any idea?

3 Likes

I’m guessing but around 120 grams total I’d bought over a 4/5 month period started as soon as I was diagnosed all through out chemo and surgery and approximately a month or so after .

6 Likes

If there are lower ones then heck go for it. I do not really know the landscape, saw lower prices (cbd isolate) but people gave the place poorer ratings. Would like to have a lower price trustworthy supply.

5 Likes

Also this was 3 years ago so who knows what prices and the shop is like now . I see Tilray offers compassion pricing but I’m sure there prices will be high . Another option depending on if they have private insurance they might cover the cost of RSO.

4 Likes

im sorry for what you had to go through brother, i appreciate you talking about it and sharing information. Im going to use your numbers and prepare enough for family and extras.

6 Likes

No problem it definitely helps especially during chemo . I go every 6 months for check ups waiting for my next one here shortly was due first part of Dec . Covid has screwed up the surgery wards so there’s a back log I guess.

6 Likes