The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

I hear you bud. I was homeless from the age of 15 till 17. Spent much of that time in downtown Toronto. I remember when Young and Gould looked like this.
Just up a ways was a vent, that had warm air coming from it. I spent many nights on that vent with a large garbage bag out of one of the bins tied to the grate to capture some of that warm air. Those were interesting times. Multiple arcades, strip clubs, pizza joints, Sam the Record man. Don’t recognize the place at all these days.

6 Likes

Hug bruv. My gran is 100, I moved in here with her for her last year of coherency as alzheimers/dimentia was taking over.

7 Likes

My mother was the same way before she passed a little over a year ago. Sad

7 Likes

I feel for you brother. When my Gran went it was a few years after Grandpa died. Grandma would constantly forget and than relive that over and over. Of all the things the poor woman had to endure that had to be the worst part. I am just happy she is resting peacefully now. It’s always tough to see the ones we love in torment.

4 Likes

This reminded me of another great story .
I was walking down young one day right by shoppers by younge and charles. I had a big doobie going and a guy I was about to walk by sitting in front of shoppers asked me for change. I looked down and did a double take. Phil ? I said and as he looked up he was like holy fuck blah blah blah. It was Phil and he asked for a hit of my joint. I told him to go fuck yourself ya fuckin goof and walked on.
This was a guy I use to run with in my early teens in Halifax who completely snitched on me and turned out to be a real cock sucker.
It wasn’t that long after that I noticed I actually felt a little bad for the guy. He was the man when we were younger and now here he is.

I haven’t seen TO since 2002 . Spent a ton of days at THC in back .

2 Likes

Cool, I spent a fair bit of time in Halafax once upon a time. Used to spend much of it at the Misty Moon. Or the Brown Derby right across from the Salvation army. Spent some time with Bill Lynch shows back than as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah… it’s 110% not the same. Although driving on the gardner at night after a rainstorm is pretty much the opening bike race scene from Akira.

1 Like

Holy shit dude Misty Moon and the Bill Lynch shows just warped me way back lmao The Misty was one of the first places I ever got in under age . As for Bill Lynch Gravitron in Jr high haha

1 Like

LOL, yeah. Buck and a quarter a drink or shot till 10pm. Saw Jeff Healey, The Spoons, National Velvet and a bunch of other cool stuff there. Saw different things working the carnival, lol. Nothing like walking the walls of the Gravitron on acid to give you some vivid memories :crazy_face:

2 Likes

RIP Jeff Healey. He was a legend . So was the operator who would walk the walls of the gravitron haha

2 Likes

I remember being on the Gravitron on mushrooms and someone directly across from me puked and it ran over their head.

1 Like

Seen many a mess. Most made it out the door but occasionally it happened inside. We would get going and than walk around parallel to the ground on the inside railing or where the people had their backs against the moving back rests. Was a real trip. Than after hours one day one of the guys fell, rolled all the way around the top to the other end and slammed into the wall that is on either side of the door. The operator hit the emergency stop and the guy came straight down face first on the big metal ticket box. It was hilarious till we saw he needed a bunch of stitches. Once we cleaned up the blood and he came back all stitched up it became funny again. Well till the boss man ripped a piece off all of us, lol.

1 Like

I never really got to know one of my grandpas. He had the Alzheimers before I was born.
It really is a terrible disease.

4 Likes

My dad had it as well as glaucoma and parkinson’s . My mom found him one morning standing in a corner of his room crying. He wanted to go to the bathroom and walked into the corner, didn’t know how to get out of it and pissed himself. I am glad the euthanasia laws are changing because there is no way I want to end up the same.

6 Likes

Happy Christmas to all the Canuks and a wonderful new year of growing great weed :slight_smile:

15 Likes

You as well.

7 Likes

Merry Christmas to all you OGers and your families. Hope this is an incredible day for you all.

11 Likes

Happy christmas everyone. Enjoy a lazy and debaucherous holiday

9 Likes

Merry Christmas you bunch of misfits.

9 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

6 Likes