The Canadian Contingent (Part 2)

Happy 420, first time I won’t be blowing one in like 40 years, everyone smoke an extra one for me mm’kay?

7 Likes

I got you @Cannasaurusrex happy 420 !

1 Like

BIG HUGS AND SMOKE CLOUDS FROM YOUR HOME TURF!

:metal:

2 Likes

You are going to be pretty messy, cause I got you too.

2 Likes

Happy 420 everyone :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes
3 Likes

A friendly reminder that now would be a good time to shop for soil, amendments etc

I see some great deals :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Got two bails of peat for the veg garden yesterday and mixed it in, soil is a bit dense but been getting better with our compost and other additions and work.

Also saw some Fresh bails of promix Hp and Sunshine mix so may acquire one for our other plant reasons :wink:

1 Like

I too need some Promix but I’ll also need a few seedlings so I’ll have get my plan/shit together before I do but it’s really just around the corner so no rush.

1 Like

I was looking at bulk soil by the yard for a few plants outdoors… it wasn’t cheap. After checking sales on bagged soil, it’s actually cheaper to buy bags.

Bulk prices eh?

My wife bought one of those giant bag things they drop in your driveway of mulch a few years ago. Turned out it was about 50% more expensive than buying bags, plus you had to shovel it out of the giant bag instead of just picking up a bag of mulch and carrying it where you wanted it.

3 Likes

That’s the one.

I can’t have them drop off the soil where I’m growing so for a minute I was considering bagging it myself to move it. Imagine that.

Things didn’t add up :rofl:

2 Likes

I think if you have a truck (or a friend that does) you can get soil at an aggregates yard for reasonable.

3 Likes

Different city i use to live in the local dump also made compost and brought some in from the solids processing plant…

Saying that the one was great for yards and flower gardens and the other for veg gardens, remember filling up the bed of my truck for not much as it was like $8 a cu yard at the time.
}

side note was looking at stock levels of smaller bags, and saw this product… no need to wonder who they are targeting, in the name and on the picture :wink:

6 Likes

I would love to drop a cubic yard of manure in front of my building under an assumed name :joy:

2 Likes

a relative did this for their husbands birthday.

He woke up and went outside to find a pile of composted manure in his yard with a sign + balloons reading: “HOLY SHIT!!! It’s your birthday!”

He spent the rest of the day wheel barrowing crap with a big ol’ smile on his face.

:rofl:

I got 2 bales of Promix BX already under the awning. I may need 1x more but I did get some Black Swallow Reamendment for a reason and hope to reuse last years soil with it and a soaking of worm casting tea.

:rofl:

5 Likes

That is an excellent present but difficult to wrap.

3 Likes

I’m not sure about soil but when I was looking at sand by the cubic yard (half of my current media mix) it seemed like the massive price was for the initial delivery. It was around 200 bucks for one cubic yard but only 15 dollars ish per additional cubic yard. Have been trying out half sand and half rice hulls for my current grow. If it ends up being decent I’m gonna get a few cubic yards delivered to my driveway and spend ages bringing it into my garage one small load at a time. So far so good, my only complaint is the sand is heavy af.

5 Likes

“Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?” :joy:

There used to be a place right around the corner where you could show up with a pickup and get whatever you needed “dirt” cheap. It’s long gone though.

2 Likes

This day has included:

Rain, full sun, black clouds, more sun, sudden cold, and of course now shredding hail.

:man_facepalming:

3 Likes