The cannabis made me healthy thread

What first hand experiences of cannabis as medicine do you all have

I recently used one application of CBD hemp oil on 3 veruccas/warts on my feet two fell off in 48 hrs the oldest big one after 2 weeks.
I just noticed my feet are clear for the first time in years, having done countless freezes, salisilic acids etc. without working.

also anti deprssion, anti-anxiety.

13 Likes

I had been forced to not smoke due to my job and random urinalysis. I went from a frequent smoker to no smoking at all. Not even a puff, too risky. I went years without smoking and started drinking…a lot. It’s funny that alcohol is acceptable even though I went from 205 lbs up to 250. Waking up drunk and hating life, but that’s okay because it’s legal, right? My anxiety started getting pretty bad and my depression was getting really serious.

I had some leave coming up and wasn’t going to go back to work for almost a month, so I decided I could get away with smoking just a little bit. This was in California so it wasn’t hard to get ahold of some good stuff. I took three hits off a bong and got REALLY stoned. It had been a long time so it was almost overwhelming, but it was…amazing.

For the first time in a long time I actually felt happy. Not just in a “having a good time and laughing” type of way; my depression was lifted away for about two or three days. And that was it, that’s all I could do. One smoke session, but it had a profound although short lived effect on me.

Before I used to smoke just to get stoned. Which is still a goal. But now that I know just how much it increases the quality of my life…it’s that much better.

16 Likes

Shouldn’t be long before the boards light up on this one

Good topic.

6 Likes

I just love this portion of the sentence. I want a Tshirt with that lol

4 Likes

For myself it’s the reason I’m alive today. I had been on meds for 18 years and couldn’t handle life as an experiment anymore. I decided that before I was going to end it all I’d talk to my friend and smoke with him just once to make him happy. Of course he had no idea that was my intention.
From the first puff I realized that none of those meds ever did anything other than bad side effects and I had been severely depressed.
I finally became able to work through my issues for the first time in my life. I have severe mental disabilities that affect my QOL. I still deal with a little bit of them, but thanks to cannabis I can finally feel like I’m normal for the first time in my life.

I’ve never looked back at my life and said I wish I never smoked. If I didn’t I wouldn’t be typing this now. I have a reason to stay around for many more years now and as a added bonus a hard day at work is made much easier with a dugout and a bat. A couple years ago I used a vape and sacrificial could to vape my cannabis in tincture form.

11 Likes

i am very happy for you warts or tough to make go away.

2 Likes

Growing cannabis has a great impact on how I view life and the world. Probably like most of you when I have a grow going it occupies a large part of my brain. Which is a good thing. It also helps put my health into prespective. Why wouldn’t I treat my body as well as i treat my plants? Why wouldn’t I put as much thought into what I personally am consuming as I do for my plants? A big difference is that with plants we get many times to correct our mistakes but as far as im concerned we only get one chance to take care of our lives. Im not preaching that I have the best diet in the world, but what I am trying to say is that next time you go to eat some ice, drink a pop, consume something with artificial flavors/dyes the list goes on. Just think of yourself as being a plant and wonder if this is going to do any good or is this something that may potentially hurt me in the long term. We put fans on our plants to help them build muscle and strength. Why wouldn’t we go for a walk or a run, play a sport, or just something to get the blood flowin. I think as humans we forget that we are animals. For most animals they love to be active. Its what got them this far in this crazy world we live in.

10 Likes

I have had some major drinking issues, drinking from when I got home until two in the morning playing video games. Starting to use heavy afghanis in the evening get me to curl up on the couch with my cat instead. I ended up sleeping on the couch for months, but it really helped with my sleep apnea as well.

That is in the big one though. I’ve suffered through undiagnosed anxiety and depression nearly my whole life. Turns out there’s something in my brain that causes seizures that was only triggered in my mid-30s. They put me on a medication with side effects that include depression and anger.

It was bad. It was really really bad. It lasted almost a year until my medication situation was fully dealt with. Going out and taking a hit of weed was the only thing that gave me a moment to gain perspective and relax. If it wasn’t for weed, my wife and kid would have left me eventually, and I don’t think I would have survived that.

8 Likes

I had a motorcycle accident at Sixteen a truck accident at 25 and suffered until I Took up Cannabis, at 60.
If i knew then what I know now .I would have suffered a lot less over the years. A very Sacred Plant indeed.

9 Likes

i have used cbd oil to remove a mold on my face . glad to hear it works on warts too they or hard to remove happy for you the wonderful cannabis plant works again.

6 Likes

There is more than just the ingestion of our plant that help us over come our problems. You find a lot of people that have any kind of mental health issues seem to calm when they have something to occupy thier minds. The 3-4 months of love and attention you give your plants gives your mind something worthwhile to focus on.

6 Likes

Another bonus is CBD is really good for joint pain.
I only go the lab tested route, but it’s how I’ve kept away from all the spice/meth getting sold as CBD. I’m looking at you Diamond CBD. CBD isolate with no terpenes shouldn’t get you high AF!!!

Cannabis is helping my hands stay functional as I’m losing control of my motor controls. When I’m high I can move my hands again, but with high doses of CBD I feel like my hands and wrists aren’t developing arthritis and my back no longer hunches over from scoliosis. Seriously I’m way too young to be getting these issues, but they’ve been here since I was 10. Well the scoliosis has been. It feels like something is forcing my back to bend against my control. Without cannabis I couldn’t stand up straight at all. My whole family told me for years to stand up straight. If I did I couldn’t breathe. Now I can pop my back and remove the tension for a bit to get some air ad try to fix my posture one day at a time hoping it will stop twisting, but I know it’s just delaying the inevitable.

Anyways it helps me to not feel the pain for a bit. Once I can distracted myself that’s the point. Even for a brief moment to let my body kill the pain. Only cannabis can do that for me safely. I’ve had muscle relaxers and they help tremendously, but I can’t see straight on them when I don’t smoke. The first time I was afraid to smoke because I didn’t want to break a piece was then. Opiates only make my pain worse.
Other than that it helps me to eat. For some reason I lose my appetite and even if I’m hungry if I try to eat my throat will close up and it feels like my esophagus dislodged somewhere. According to my mother who has it and had to tell me about it before I understood what she said as she is poor with words, I have a extremely rare genetic disorder that involves the throat. It’s extremely painful to eat during those times. Yet again cannabis to the rescue. It gives me my appetite back and allows me to eat the volume of food my body needs. I have a tapeworm level high metabolism. I’ve already been tested and it’s not any of the genetic ones like graves or hashimoto or even anything with my thyroid. My only hint is I digest too quickly. No matter having to maintain a high protein, high fat, and high iron diet is expensive. Veggies only give me so much, but spinach does help a lot. This damn thing will be the death of me if I can’t eat 8 meals a day.

Again though cannabis saved me there too. The companion plants I’ll be growing alongside them as the years go by will also be a good source of nutrients for me. I’m like my tall girl. I can’t seem to drink or eat enough. Freshly grown and harvested veggies do seem to digest much more slowly. Than anything in a store. They’ll help my plants and me in one go. I have to trim the companions down to keep them in check occasionally and with that I’ll have food that day that won’t be empty calories.

Damn I think I really hate this damn body of mine. though it could be my sense of mortality being annoying today. I miss when I weighed 20lbs more and I was 2 inches shorter.

Pity party wasn’t the way that was meant to sound.
More of a rant as I complain about unchangeable things that piss me off. Way too high to word it right. Plus it’s bed time. All I have rn are my thoughts and memories. Something I’m missing while not using cannabis. It’s like a crowd of people in my head all talking at once I can’t stop all the racing thoughts. Plus the memory issues from lithium persisted long after I stopped using it.

The only thing that helps is smoking weed to comatose levels. Each time I remain memory long lost. Another chunk of 2005-2012 comes back each time.
Double edged sword though is I’m also learning more about my disabilities as I do this. As I learn what it is I have slowly and check with a doctor I find I’m right each time. Though I blame the autism. Damn thing makes me obsessed sometimes. When I smoke I have it, but I sorta change into a different person. I’m no longer controlled by my impulses when I get high. It allows me a safe space to work out my serious psychotic disorders to learn what the possibilities are. I leave the rest to the doctors and I get years of therapy saved thanks to this plant too.

I’ve been able to gain more control over myself in just my first year of cannabis use vs the worsening symptoms with so many side effects they got confused about what to diagnose me with. I’m in year 6 now and I’ve reached the point where I feel like I can stop bottling up my anger just to let it out in a safe manner later. Too many things cause my disorders extreme discomfort.
Sure as it sounds having all of this at once sucks, but this whole book I’ve been typing really just boils down to the fact that this 1 plant has helped me deal with all of them.

8 Likes

I would also agree the act of just growing cannabis is theraputic in and of itself. Its a win win situation, therapy from growing and smoking. What a great plant!

8 Likes

Your life sounds very similar to mine,
Which strain do you find helps you the best for sleep apnea and which one for anxiety?

Cheers

1 Like

Sorry about that, it gets better.
Sleep apnea went away when I dropped my extra pounds, which was a lot easier to do when not drinking a six pack of calories a night.

I’m only finally starting to figure out what strains actually help, and the willpower to only use the correct dosage.
The best strains have been ones I never thought would be. SODK from Mephisto is working great during the day for anxiety. It is primarily a mix of Agent Orange and Sour Diesel.
A Seedsman strain called Mamma Mia has been great for being relaxed and happy. It is a Mazari x Skunk.
I have some cheese I think has a lot of promise, but I haven’t spent enough time with yet.

I hope that is helpful. Please let me know if you find a couple strains that work well for you.

2 Likes

I was a cronic tobacco user for 15 years. One morning I coughed up blood.

Went to the doc and he said I had a mass on my left lung.

Turned out to be benign - not cancer.

That was my wake-up call. I quit smoking cold turkey with the help of cannabis. When I craved that sweet tobacco, I rolled a joint.

That was over a year ago now. My quality of life has soared, I’m more active, and I’m not depressed anymore, or at least haven’t been since I quit smoking.

Giving up tobacco proved to me that I don’t have to be a slave to substances.

7 Likes

Cannabis is more effective than Xanax and Nexium.

All that really needs to be said on that.

That’s my story.

:peace::herb::crab:

3 Likes

No need to be sorry mate :wink: I’ve just about quit drinking now and I’m around the right weight.
I have low -T. I’ve had mild apnea(undiagnosed,I just know it is.) in the past but now it’s getting worse with my medication
It gets very scary at times its got to the point where I’m a bit scared to try and sleep as it is quite bad.

Last night it happened and I woke up nd couldn’t catch my breath for longer than usual.
Trip to the docs tomorrow I think
Think it happens worse off smoking sativas, some people say they help, but I prefer Indica.

Cheers

4 Likes

I have a peyote cookies seed I’m gonna try next as that strain sounds like it will do the trick it’s got good reviews.

3 Likes

I wish you best of luck sorting out the sleeping problem.

Let me know about the peyote cookies!

2 Likes