The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

WELL TALK ABOUT A SERIOUSLY HAPPY 4/20 FOR THIS GUY!!!

:open_mouth:

The Landrace Team for the win; 5 weeks in the mail and it landed TODAY OF ALL DAYS :joy:

23 Likes

I love a good mystery. I’ll definitely be interested to see what becomes of those plants. Here’s a Huixtepec updated photo. These are the females…

![20220420_184934|375x500](upload://wDwySGuGfqL
And the small one. Interesting this Oaxaca/ Guerrero border region may also have a " dwarf" pheno. Have to grow more and see if it was something i did to it.

18 Likes

Those are really beautiful! My friend told me that the high was really good! … I really hope that

5 Likes

I’m excited watching these grow up!

2 Likes

I’m getting excited now. As soon as I see a root tip poke out the bottom of the two gallon pots and I can transplant without the rootball falling apart the 3 big ones are going into 5 gallon containers for the finish and will be finishing outdoors if the weather cooperates. These plants grow themselves. I just water and watch.

6 Likes

I just had to learn the hard way outside soil stays outside and the only soil I used inside is brand new and amended with peer and perlite to cool it down. Used soil is for my green house only. I have more lady bugs and spiders even praying mantis on the green house plants

5 Likes

Safer for sure. I have to learn the hard way too…usually several times lol.

6 Likes

Red Snake #2, spindly and perfumey pheno. This is a cutting and will not grow more than 3 finger leaves now which is kind of cool.

17 Likes

These red snakes sure are pretty plants! You’ve already got some Oaxaca I think or I’d happily trade some for a few of those.

3 Likes

Did those ost finish up? Oaxaca smoke report please😁

2 Likes

So I’m on a seed hunt with my everyday haze. I hand pollinated a branch.

I went digging and found what looked like a swollen hard calyx so I opened it up to check seed maturity. Inside of this calyx I found another calyx complete with pistils.

That ain’t no seed I ever heard of :call_me_hand:

14 Likes

LOL, it’s coming I promise. I keep starting a photo essay for each kind as I roll a joint and lose that train of thought. Go figure.

The slow OST are in the jars about 2 weeks and smell lovely. They went through a cookie dough-ish stage and are now spicier smelling.

The fast OST has about 45 days in the jar and is easily twice as powerful as when it went in, also more cerebral in character.

3 Likes

Just like those creatures in the Alien movies. I’d call this one Sigourney😁

4 Likes

Either that or “Start the reactor.” :joy:

3 Likes

Glad to hear it’s gaining some cerebral qualities. The Thai that I used has a strange high unlike what I’m used to. You’re baked somehow but not at all like an indica. Great movie weed. Similar High to Vietnam Black. I was hoping the mix with Oaxaca would give a very complex high without lowering the flowering time LOL. How many times have you heard that for a breeding goal?

12 Likes

It’s funny to read that about your thai. One of my two phenos of Destroyer, sews you to the couch or the bed for the first 45 minutes, without falling asleep, with the brain & heart at 200mph, but full of peace and tranquility, after this effect disappears, you are super active, happy for 90 minutes more.

9 Likes

Sounds interesting. If that is a thing where you live and not too expensive, maybe consider doing a cannabinoid test.

3 Likes

This! You put that well, it doesn’t render me useless but baked is appropriate. Lasts quite a while too. Very oily. Greasy rather than sticky.

10 Likes

I need to look that up, find out what’s in Destroyer. I was given something the giver called that but it definitely wasn’t. Some mildly racy hazey hay. More like Agitator or Irritator. lol

2 Likes

I could see real appeal in a combination of the energy of the Purple stems and the woo woo of the Thai.

1 Like