The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

OST x Panama Haze in the wild. Not the best spot but still fun to watch grow when I can sneak in there.

Vietnam Thunderfuck clone via @PhilCuisine out there as well got a black purple stripe stem. Hopefully the panama ost is male well have a few buds from flowertime and seeds for us to mess with indoors this winter.

16 Likes

Plenty of that panama red about, though most look different to how i remember. What ive not seen a lot of are the colombian red, which seems to be rarer. Quite distinct earthy, frankincense type scent, very red/brown sticky looking. Can have some stonyness to it an leave the user with very red eyes. Anyone seen any decent versions about ?

6 Likes

Lots of Panama Red pretenders out there. @romanoweed you say Peace Corp 74 Panama can be speedy? Sounds great! Cryptic Labs also have a Panama Red…14-16 weeks flowering. I bet its also a good one. Most others are hybrids. During the latter part of the 70’s the Panama buds became chunkier due to hybridization or the growers selecting faster plants. @Who used to work with the Coast Guard or Navy( can’t recall) busting shipments around 1979 and remembered chunkier red buds.
@NIGHTMARE I keep hearing about the Colombian Red. Wonder what made it stony? Rumors of hybridization with Lebanese…and Rumors of dipping buds in hash oil. Theories? Just CBN?

8 Likes

@YoBigdaddy i found a trippy Oaxaca. I was out of my mind last night. The Weed made me drunk. Stumbling around. Everyone was laughing at me. Sounds were enhanced…objects had a trippy vibration. A strange pulsing. I was apparently talking slowly too. And slurring. All with no booze. It was the first time I got into a second pipe full of Oaxaca right after the first one. ( Miss Ridiculous) Damn! This shit is strong! Super strong! Epic.
There are 2 more plants like this one. Hoping they are equally great because both will have a better yield. Both are daughters of Old Silversides.

16 Likes

That black purple colors are from the Vietnam Black strain…crappy camera back in the day.

My farmer buddy’s Vietnam Thunder Fuck grow, picture taken 2wks. ago.

21 Likes

Have you tried to cob style of curing?

6 Likes

That sounds awesome, what kind of friends you got laughing at you? Oh I probably would have laughed too and then said let me hit that. Old silver sides is next on the list.

4 Likes

I haven’t yet. Maybe next year when I grow these plants big, assuming I manage to keep them. The yield was too small to risk it this time.
@YoBigdaddy it was my Brazilian co worker friends laughing at me. I’m the only smoker. I was laughing too lol. Damn I just couldn’t sit still. My wife says i was moving my upper body in a circle and stumbling. I almost fell into the campfire 6 times. As my old alcoholic friend would say… “Lots of gravity out there that night”.

12 Likes

How’s the CG smoke now? Looking forward to seeing what the seeds you made turn into with this new plant you have. How far along is it?
@PhilCuisine is that plant going to finish flowering?

2 Likes

Of course, by November…I hope…it should start to flower in 1 week…

3 Likes

Nice. Wish i had a nice October here.

6 Likes

I like this. A lot.

5 Likes

@Upstate
Glad you found a trippy pheno
Im sure you kept it separate
My.plants are.doing well will.post photos later

4 Likes

Keep the ball centered lest the earth rise up and smite thee… LOL

6 Likes

Chiuahua copper canyon 1990 starting the week 7

24 Likes

My friend had a fantastic array of phrases related to drinking. Another good one was" I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy":rofl::joy:
Or my personal favorite… “No Occifer, I’m not Strunk…I only had Ti martunis and a scottle of botch. I had all sober to Sunday up” :grin:

11 Likes

Reminds me of this song

2 Likes

Not under the affluence of incohol

5 Likes

@gmike I am in love with that Copper Canyon buddy.

5 Likes

@Old-Ron ….can I ask what light setting are you vegging at…I’m on 16/8 i was wondering if that was to much as a few weeks ago and they died back a bit…but maybe it was a transplant shock.

But glad to say they have recovered well.

Regards

P J

10 Likes