The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

My oaxacans

A couple in the back got topped by grasshoppers then my praying mantis started killing them bastards

20 Likes

Im not sure what exactly made it stony. There were some good colombians going back to the 60’s that had some stonyness too them. Not sure if they were purposely harvested late to get a certain effect or colour that may have caused it or maybe some sort of early hybridisation. But most of the time those types would be browner an alot more sticky. Perhaps higher cbn by the time they are getting out.
I did years ago see some (mainly lowland colombian types) that did seem more stony even though they were grown out of there native land. Thinking of it those types didnt seem as spindly an stretchy as the more clear high types so maybe they might have been hybridized very early on. Some of these medical corporations before the plant was made ilegal had been messing around with plants all over the world so who knows how they have effected some things too.

4 Likes

@gmike those copper canyons are looking very fast and very sticky. Beautiful! What are you thinking on those? Another month? Less?
@Trowertripper. Woohoo! I’m envious. Looking good!

2 Likes

Trashed is when you’re holding onto the grass to make sure you don’t fall off the ground.

4 Likes

Isn’t that so much fun to watch? Get some of that you f*cking locust!

Here it’s spiders vs. leafhoppers

Oh and damn those are going to be big.

2 Likes

…World powers fall
A warring for the heavens
A peaceful man stands tall…

2 Likes

@GREANDAL
I.have a little green spider

14 Likes

That’s one sexy spider :spider:

Peucetia viridans! Green Lynx spider or maybe a green jumper. What’s your latitude?

5 Likes

I was go8ng to ask what that was. Never saw one. Looks a lot like a crab.

3 Likes

Crabs are the spiders of the sea. But they get caught in nets so maybe it’s not the most apt example :joy:

5 Likes

35n latitude

1 Like

It’s always cool to have bugs (ones that don’t eat your plants) in your garden. We’ve had a couple of walking sticks and several praying mantises show up in our garden. We also found two tiny anoles and several large ones. Lizards eat bugs, so they’re always welcome. There are also scorpions here, which freak me the fuck out. The good news is we have so many lizards that we’ve not seen any scorpions in a long time.

4 Likes

@Panamajock I am running 16/8. I had them under a 250 watt led.

I transplanted them into 3 gallon pots last night and moved them into the 5 x 5 under a HLG660r.

Yours look good.

5 Likes

Smokes smooth @Upstate. Nice long cure is always good.

6 Likes

Colombian Red

19 Likes

Looks excellent.

3 Likes

Looking really good @Old-Ron!

3 Likes

Thanks @ShiskaberrySavior and @Tejas. They were longer in the solo cups than I wanted and started running out of nutes. Work has been crazy lately. Just glad they survived it.

They should start to get some color back soon.

5 Likes

Ron

Can I ask does Colombian red = Colombian red point (Punta Roja ) ?

Is this a other preservation…I’m quite exited to see how it goes

Ye good luck, and you do a fine job …as well as others on preserving these strains …KUDOS

Regards

P J

4 Likes

They are 2 different strains @Panamajock to my knowledge.

Yes this is another preservation run and I appreciate the kind words. I plan to flower them in about a month. May take a couple clones to add to the seed count. Have to see how my work schedule plays out.

6 Likes