The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

probably evil wasn’t the exact word lol
but it’s like evil… doesn’t die!

5 Likes

I was thinking the same,all is about environment

3 Likes

Immortal! :joy:

2 Likes

Jalisco :mexico: Landrace Update:

24 hours of soaking 7 of 10 seeds showed the start of tails and all 10 were planted in speed-cups on the top layer of earth worm castings and covered in 4" pots to diminish the light and make microclimates within the dome’s microclimate.

36 hours after hitting water and 12 hours after being planted in a 99% humidity environment I check and now have 9 of 10 seeds showing tails with the 1 not showing a tail most likely because it’s the only tail completely hidden within the medium (:crossed_fingers:)

:metal: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

20 Likes

Go! Go! JA-LI-SCO! :mexico: :loudspeaker:

5 Likes

Hell yeah! Great numbers.

2 Likes

So I’ve been holding out on sharing a new Oaxaca acquisition for a while now. During the earlier part of the summer @HumblePie420 told me about a new Oaxaca from cryptic labs called Oaxaca PS or Oaxaca Pearl stem. This is the tall stretchy string of Pearls phenotype isolated from the other Oaxaca plants. Humble Pie was nice enough to send me two packs, both of which arrived nearly completely crushed, with only four seeds of 20+ surviving…(If i recall). After some back and forth with the company, Pro Seeds (out of the UK ) sent 2 more packs, i believe at a discount. ( is that right?). This time we decided to split the packs up, sending one to myself and the other to @lambchopedd, so that all of them could be germinated at around the same time. The plan is to make some seeds with these and pass them around. Lambchopedd plans on going heavier with the pollen than I do, I think, but I plan on dusting up a branch of each female at the very least. My plants have been flipped to flower mode 3 weeks ago and lambchopedd flipped his last week i think. Pics coming…

24 Likes

That is correct, they discounted the next packs they sent me and some Original Haze seeds as a freebie. Excited to see this run! Sending good vibes

12 Likes

I’ll post some pics when I get home (& lights come on).
As of this weekend, no sexual parts on the new batch of seeds — however, I have clones of the pearl phenos selected out of the original Oaxacans, and those pearl phenos still look true to type :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Oaxaca PS

26 Likes

@Upstate looking good.

I got rid of my big mamas and just put clones outside of the snowhigh Guerrero green x Michoacán gpb in an effort to keep height down below the railing.

Would you recommend I top or FIM the guerrero green x Michoacán clones? They should start flowering soon. They are in 1 gallon pots which I will keep them in, at least until they are done stretching.

I should’ve transplanted sooner but hopefully they will perk up in a day or two with some fresh soil and room for the roots.

22 Likes

Here are the pearl phenos in early flower

Here’s them vs. a “typical” Oaxacan bud structure (this clone was my favorite the first run… no name right now other than “VIII”)

Although the new batch is shorter than I’d like, but I expect much stretch

Bonus — my hands are big :slightly_smiling_face:

26 Likes

Serious skinny leaf plant.Looks good though.

6 Likes

@lambchopedd those look cool; super skinny leaves!

What’s your preferred training method with a Mexican sativa when you’re anticipating much stretch?

3 Likes

Grow from clones, not from seed @Elpolloloco :grimacing:

I originally heard this theory from Nspecta from csihumbolt — but you won’t get true representations from plants growing directly from seeds, because they have taproots, they’re full of hormones, etc etc (I’m paraphrasing and may have skewed his message)

I’ve resisted his method for a while after I heard it. But sometime in the last year or so, I started experimenting a lot more in my grows — this being one of those experiments.

From clone, you can train or shape anything however you’d like. And since the clones are typically shorter AND sexually mature, you don’t have to worry as much about a them tripling or quadrupling in size. I also notice a much lower perplexity of stressed plants throwing intersex parts when you flip them after their sexual maturity, than to do so otherwise. I could go on… but I’ll spare you all of my theories :sweat_smile:
In short, my preferred method is to take clones and train them however you’d like to maximize space.

15 Likes

YES!!! 10 of 10 JALISCO PLANTS ARE UP AND GROWING!!

:metal: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

19 Likes

I’ve seen that as well, it’s like they have a hair trigger and they transition very nicely.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Thanks @lambchopedd I appreciate you sharing.

Looks like I’m off to a good start with clones that I took after the seed moms showed sex, and a plan to keep them in relatively small pots.

I wasn’t sure if topping would bring out any intersex traits that may be there but I’ll give it a shot and try to keep everyone up to date.

Thanks again :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks @Gpaw that sounds great, I’m looking forward to it!

Glad to know I’m on the right track.

3 Likes

I decided to top; I’d rather they be a little short than a little tall.

Some interesting blood red sap on a couple of them.

18 Likes