The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Anyone have any experience with peruvian cultivars? I learned about heart and soil project recently and they have been working with a couple of projects. I dont usually hear too much about cannabis genetics from peru and im interested.

6 Likes

Hi Uptown and all you lovely people!

You have posted some very inspiring pics in this thread. Really nice! Honestly, I put that plant outside because I had nowhere else to put itā€¦ Im not sure what to do with it. My original plan was to plant 8 seeds and select a nice male for seeds. I only have a 2x4 to grow in inside so the plan was to veg them out and sex them, take cuts and go 12/12 from clone in my tent. I am a caregiver for my father though and his health has been poor. I kind of forgot my plan with everything going on and just kept vegging them. They got out of control. I gave out as many of the females as I could to the local cannabis community to be flowered. I took my cuts but of course I had an outbreak of botryris on them. Anyways long story short I still have 2 males and 1 nice female in the tent, so spreading a little pollen should be doable. Will probably sprinkle some on some ACE congo as well.

8 Likes

thats nice, maybe hide it somewhere??
are you in the states??

2 Likes

No, I am in Alberta, Canadaā€¦ not much chance of it finishing outside without light dep. Mind you last year the weather was good here until almost November so who knows.

3 Likes

im sorry, maybe cover it with something, trash bags? i hate to see that wasted. did i read right that you have some pollen of this still? we could work a trade? i could send seeds in a card to you? i would love to get sum if you were up to it, if not no worries. how is the clones inside doing?

2 Likes

That is just the one I couldnā€™t find a good home for in the local cannabis community. I just tossed it in a pot outside because my 2x4 was getting too crowded and I wasnā€™t going to trash it. I still have 2 healthy males and 1 female in the tent vegging, and three other females that a friend of mine is flowering out in his big 8x16 room. The plan was to hit all the female Zacatecas clones with the males for an open pollination-style seed run, but life happened. I am going to toss the clones I took and take new ones because of mislabeling and botryris. Sorry if I am unclear

2 Likes

oh wow i am sorry to hear wow i am sorry i understand now

2 Likes

Good chance it was a hybrid from Mexico at that time if it was imported. Definately could have been. Afghanistan or Pakistan had ( Iā€™m told) pine terpenes as well, though not as common today. I remember lots of Piney pot in the early nineties. @laquiqa not much info at all out there about Peruvian genetics. Probably related to Columbian in some instances.

4 Likes

Tough location. It should at least get far enough along for you to know if itā€™s something you have to save

3 Likes

I would say it sounds alot like what i got in 2000s in Switzerland. Its a very short description tho.

A lot bud smelled like green, pine (Xmas) back then.

I also dont know what it was, but since we had a very short but insane Boom of Ganja due to Laws, i guess what you describe is the Result of Outcrosses of just two Landraces.

Its just a guess that this is what happend in Switzerland (People outcrossing a few Landraces)

I think if you find two old Landraces, yes, old Landraces and cross them, Sativa x Indica you will find that type of weed.

Try a Middleamerican x Afghani. Probably add another Landrace, but not too much Multijuiceā€¦ There you got your slightly stinky, but way more fresh, non-watered down weed than what you usaully get.

4 Likes

yeah im sure if you were in the states at that time it was probably the same bud, also where can i get good Oaxaca seed?

1 Like

I would be happy to share. They will be available through a small donation to a charity (probably Ducks Unlimited). I donā€™t want to get swamped by people askingā€¦ I just joined OG and there seems to be a discussion right now about that. I just have to figure out how to set that up. Im sure there is a way to do it through gofundme or some other website. Itā€™s gonna be a while before I have seeds anyways.

3 Likes

just let me know and im there, really nice and i understand the wait, thank you in advance

1 Like

it was light green, two hits and you were high, i would say it is possible sativa, the bud was around in the usa at the time was most likely import from Mexico, but there were a few people growing Indica back then , perhaps you could be right though on the crosses too, this stuff though was by far pine tree and it was nice

3 Likes

@TopicalWave
Topical you might get lucky, the breeder of Zacatecas tribute finished them outside in vermont
I have some of these same seeds but havenā€™t popped them yet.
Good to see you here!

4 Likes

I canā€™t remember who I was talking to , but it appears as if Pine terpenes are Slug and snail deterrents, and possibly deter other pests as well. We have probably had half a foot of rain here in the last two weeks, and thatā€™s on top of the several soggy weeks before that. Where I live there are lots of snails and slugs and they can Hammer a plant in just a day if you let them. A ring of copper around the plants does the trick, but I decided this year to let everything go as long as possible to see which ones are naturally resistant if any. The Kashmir were very resistant, but the Slugs finally developed a taste for them and I had to put copper around them last weekend. The oaxacan have had no issues with slugs at all. Not one bit of damage with no copper collar, and they are all heavy on the pine terpenes except one of them , and no slugs on that one either.

11 Likes

Iā€™ve only got 1970 Colombian from central America, my Durban is south Africa and highland Nepalese and Pakistani Chitral Kush are Europe (right? Not Asia? Wow does my geographic education suck), but you guys might appreciate this here :grin:

10 Likes

How old is your Columbian Gold? @TestOfOath

4 Likes

@Old-Ron Somewhere around 3-4 weeks, seeds got dropped into water 6/19, seedlings were a few inches tall in shot glass solo cups by 6/24, transplanted into regular solo cups 6/28 and the photo I posted was from Friday

5 Likes

Cool. I was wondering. Have a couple growing for the Freakers and wanted to get an idea of how the two I am growing are doing.

Put them in they came up in the pucks on 6/14. Moved them to solo cups about a week later. Moved them to 1 gallon pots last Sunday.

This is number 1

This is number 2

14 Likes