The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

definitely interested in that! Looks fun, hopefully some old landrace x vintage NL or something! I’m definitely interested. Where did you get the seeds originally?

4 Likes

An old Icmag member gifted them to me. He made the cross himself in ‘93 and froze the seeds of the f2 in ‘98 if I remember correctly.

9 Likes

so cool! i’ll certainly be following along :yum:

3 Likes

As promised, the “S.S.Thai” begin their journey. Every one fat and healthy looking

A grander post to come as I return to subterranean life, been soaking up the remaining sunlight.

Shame on me, these are @Upstate ’s Oaxacan/Thai cross. (S. S. = Silversides)

Surprising amount of resin on these. A lovely stone too…

Edit: Just to clarify, the bud is another Sativa not what I have starting.

16 Likes

I’m drooling! :yum:

6 Likes

Looks nice! What one is that?

3 Likes

The Jamaica Berry super from this year.

The more sativa leaning of the two outdoor girls. It’s pretty good, strong but mellow. Smooth pleasant smoke.

And thank you @Upstate !

26 Likes

it needs is a string of lights,ornaments , a star ,and some presents underneath.

9 Likes

yummy yummy for sure, really well done

3 Likes

@GREANDAL Wowow what a beautiful plant! This was a semi-auto right? When did it finish and what latitude are you at if you don’t mind me asking?

4 Likes

Some Columbian Gold ladies. Tall one is mom, the 4 small ones are her clones.

22 Likes

Thank you kindly @TopicalWave

Yes, these were “super” autos or so called. Started mid May, outdoors first week of June. The more sativa ones came down October 1.

I’m at 41.9N

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

A heads up for anyone who’s a vet, active duty, or military family: Heart and Soil project is having a 50% off Veterans Day sale. Brett is, by all accounts a pretty great dude, formerly Gu’s partner at Greenpoint Seeds before he set off on his own. H&S has a bunch of landrace genetics he’s been working, and I know he has a Peruvian landrace BX he worked and is breeding with, along with Malawi and Mozambique, a Siberian super auto, and probably others. I have a pack of the Peruvian landrace BX I got from him last year and haven’t run yet, not sure if he’s still releasing it uncrossed or not, but worth an ask!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWIy15tLuQbEV79fEe76_6HtJ9fn1n49R12S3I0/?utm_medium=copy_link

7 Likes

Joining the others are Oaxacan, also from @Upstate I have been fiending to start these. These are legitimate to the topic I think. :wink:

13 Likes

i still have to get some of those Oaxacan seed from @upstate so i can try my hand at the strain

3 Likes

I think I might know the guy he got that off of. Peru has very interesting genetics… it would be nice to see you grow them

2 Likes

He talks about his trip to collect Peruvian seeds back in 2016 in this Growcast

2 Likes

I’m definitely going to do a seed run with them, you’re welcome to some when the time comes. Starting them all for the largest possible pool.

1 Like

@Eudaemon. Some info on Peruvian genetics

4 Likes