The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Wash the dirt off the roots. Boil them and drink as tea. Highly medicinal.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll try that! Medicinal in what way?

3 Likes

It will be a milder version of what that particular cultivar has to offer. Most likely reduces inflammation and calms the nerves. I recently read about a Pakistani cultivar that dissolves excess plaque in the heart valves.

4 Likes

I have a whole 1/2 gallon ball jar of roots. Wasnā€™t sure how much to use. I dried them for a month or so before jarringā€¦
@Greandal for some reason i thought you had a high male %. Not the case.

4 Likes

@Upstate Dehydrate the roots, then pulverize them in a food processor. Get some empty tag bags and fill the bags with the powder. Begin with one tablespoon per tea bag and increase slowly toward your tolerance level upon each brewing batch.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll give it a shot. Anti inflammatory is just what my beat up old ass needs. Thanks for bringing that up.
They would have sat til next year.

7 Likes

:laughing: Whatever it takes, man. Add that to the long list of pain relievers. The more the better. On another noteā€¦ I was listening to a podcast interview that you might dig. Itā€™s an interview with Angus from The Real Seed Company. He weaves in world history, archery and ganja. I giggled when he said Mongolian archers would smoke ganja to ā€œsteady the handā€ for a more accurate shot. Check it out:

8 Likes

A standard tea steeping? 5 min @ 212*?

3 Likes

Yep. Standard steeping time and temp.

4 Likes

Most Colombian and Mexican landrace strains have little smell to them as compared to say, OG Kush or GDP which absolutely reek. Actually I do not get much off of them until they are well cured in paper bags for at least a month. I have 2 Colombian Gold gals under lights re-vegging now, and they do not smell much, even with some over-ripe buds still on them. Now, I am nose blind to this stuff, as I always have weed curing and growing in the house or greenhouses. And I smoke a lot of it. Like when I smoked cigarettes, I did not smell cigarette smoke. Now? Holy moly, I can smell a person smoking a cigarette 3 blocks away. Then again, the last time I grew Ghost OG I could smell it a quarter mile away from here it was so strong. That was one 3 foot plant! Also some Colombians will not be covered in trichomes, even way late this time of year. But some I have grown became heavy with trichomes by this time of year, especially Punto Rojo. Also as with the Mexican landraces, when well cured, the terpenes are way way different than they were in the old bag weed we had in the 1970s. Far more floral notes to them as well as pine and herbs. I do not dry them in the sun and it (for the most part) does not get nearly as hot or humid here as in SW Mexico or Colombia. After I tumble the buds into cold sifted hashish next month after drying and a long cool cure in paper bags, the real terpenes and flavors come out. Actually that starts when they finish curing in paper bags, as they are now in the back room here. My back room currently smells of Jamaican, Colombian, Humboldt, and South African weed. I go back there just to take in the smell this time of year.

15 Likes

i want to smell a full field of original Landraceā€¦ aded to my bucketlist.

4 Likes

I have found the same thing. None of the females really smell. Just an earthy, dirt smell. Maybe a little spice to it. Not a lot of trichomes. 19 weeks into flower they are still about 90% clear. The seeds are mature now, but she is still a few weeks away from a head stash harvest.

5 Likes

Bro lately edibles seem to work
My friend @Gardenartus is a caregiver out west and swears that eating RSO or any hash oil will Eliminate the inflammatory condition so today I started eating hash oil a small pice a day till I see how I tolerate also I eat canna sweets and I have canna sugar as well I do fine the sugar and the sweets help
So the oil should really work Iā€™ll let you know how it goes
Paps

3 Likes

@Papalagā€¦The hash oil works incredibly well. I know first hand it works Better than morphine for pain ( no addiction). I canā€™t function under its influence, however. My goal is to eventually find a Sativa to make oil out of, in hopes of an invigorating effect with some get up and go to it.

5 Likes

In speaking with my friend gardenartus sheā€™s telling me now that a lot of people are getting relief from non-D cab oil so instead of heating it to purge it out I believe sheā€™s are air dry sure distilled you I am not sure just passing on the bed information

3 Likes

I thought of trying it.( I just canā€™t bring myself to do it. )Taking fresh( still wet) plant matter and separate the resin. Not supposed to get high off the resultant oil, but still has all medicinal properties. Good way to help cancer patients that donā€™t want to get high.
Do you recall if alcohol can be used to separate the resin? I Seem to recall thatā€™s how to do it @Papalag
Do you know?

3 Likes

I start by making tincture ( freezer style ) then I do purge with double boiler

Freezer method
Take Everclear or any alcohol over 80 proof. Consumable must be able to get ingested or drink it
Next freeze plant matter and alcohol separately for two days ,if you use a metal strainer freeze that too. the reason for freezing separately is to eliminate as much chlorophyll and green color as possible place weed and alcohol in mason jar to cover shake vigorously for three minutes strain separate refreeze for 3 to 5 hours repeat 2to3x a day up to five days . although Tincher can be used after one , it gets stronger the longer you do it . I find no reason to go beyond the five days hope this helps .

Purge all the alcohol out you have oil

Donā€™t use a gas stove keep air moving around keep well ventilated we donā€™t want to go boom

I use an electric stove and I keep a fan going windows open

7 Likes

Update on the
Double Panama

8 Weeks tomorrow from the Flip .

Gave them a manicure and cut and trimmed low lying branches took of all the dead fan leaves
. There getting sticky and some frost appearing. Ye so far so good.

PJ

14 Likes

That late topping really stops the height gain dead in its tracks. One of my secret weapons with sativasšŸ˜looking good my friend. Oaxaca inbound. Should be down South any timeā€¦

6 Likes

Round 2
D Pā€¦.4 weeks.

6 Likes