The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

Are there any landraces or heirlooms that are extremely rare, that you’d like to see more of? Any one of them would be just as good a place to start as any other this spring.
I have hundreds of Northern Lights Auto seeds (funny story how I got those), so of course I’ll be cultivating those, but I’d love to have a landrace museum.

3 Likes

Yes. Caribbean, South, Central, and North American ( Mexican)Indonesia/Oceania.
Nearly everything available today is from other regions. Its currently easiest to find Asian, Middle Eastern and African landrace varieties, with exceptions.( There are still regions that are not currently represented)
With the way genetics got around in the 60’s and 70’s, i believe some of the purest landrace varieties of long ago, now extinct in their original homes, will be found in another region.
For example, genetics found in Senegal today were allegedly brought there from Mexico in the 50’s.

4 Likes

I lived on the I-35 corridor near the Oklahoma/Texas border in the 70’s and 80’s. Mexibrick was all there was at my economic level then but sometimes it was stout. On rare occasions the real deal wiped us all out. :joy:

4 Likes

wow it looks great! :drooling_face:

3 Likes

NICE! Healthy beautiful :seedling: plant!

4 Likes

I’ve gotten10 more Oaxaca packs ready for the next ten takers…this is the first official Freaker’s overflow seed distribution for Oaxaca. Happy 2022!

20 Likes

Ooh dibs. :us:

4 Likes

Hey @lambchopedd you see this? Think you like sativa too.

4 Likes

Yes sir I’d take some dibs on that please :us_outlying_islands:

3 Likes

@TestOfOath you got these Oaxaca yet?

3 Likes

Sounds dibsy man! Dibs!
And thank you!!!

2 Likes

Yes sir I did, thanks for looking out

2 Likes

Three dibsers on Upstate’s Oaxacan?! Dibs if everyone is sleeping on these. :grimacing:

4 Likes

I do still have my 2 buddies that live in Oaxaca I wanted to send their native seeds to if you end up having enough though

5 Likes

Dibs if there’s still some available! @Upstate

1 Like

Sounds like a worthy cause to me!

2 Likes

Doing it again cause I didn’t reply directly. Not sure if that matters but dibs

1 Like

Dibs if there’s any left!! @Upstate

1 Like

Dibs!!! Thank you

1 Like

I’m counting 7 so far, @Pigeonman @Nagel420 @anonymous4289 you guys want in?

4 Likes