The Central American landrace and heirloom thread (Part 1)

sure, i would join in. that would be awesome. looks like the spots have been filled though?

1 Like

I’ll take one if any is left. Dibs :us:

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up @HeadyBearAdventures … I can’t turn down a central american landrace, if there’s any left that is!

5 Likes

I think you’re number 10 my dude! If my count is right…

4 Likes

If not at ten I will shamelessly dibs myself! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Anyone that claimed is in. @TestOfOath I told you a while back I’d give some to your buddies in Oaxaca, so you’re in and there are 10 more…@Tejas has A Snowhigh Oaxaca( 74 Punta Cometa) in progress atm. I’m sure he’d like to help re seed Oaxaca with the old genetics as well if all goes well.
@Aglanthia , @Dirt_Wizard, @HeadyBearAdventures,
@Cbizzle , @Ceilingless, @royal. @donuchee , @anonymous4289 , @Blu-Tri , @Nagel420 shoot me yr address with the word Oaxaca.
There will be another 10 packs available in a few weeks at most if you missed out this time.

18 Likes

I just woke up but always game for a landrace! :sleeping: :open_mouth: :alarm_clock:
@Upstate , I’m game if there is still game available to “play”. :wink:

Also, in like jail :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

Can I “pre”-dibs the Oaxacans that are coming in the following weeks?

I didnt sleep on these, I was just asleep lol

8 Likes

What @lambchopedd said :rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks @Panamajock and @Upstate :partying_face: !
Not sure about the flowering time, first time with this strain. Im doing repro, but there are some CC cuttings almost ready for the rock&roll

Sadly 2 of the 5 panama 74 are developing intersex traits. A friend gonna pop some panama74 from a different source, so not a problem at all.

I have backup cuttings of the 6 females. From the 9 initial males, i discarted the quickers 3. Copper canyon

15 Likes

Very Nice! That copper Canyon is looking like its going to be some good smoke! Sucks about the 74 Panama hermies. Hope your buddy has good luck with them.

5 Likes

Of course a fellow sado- Mexicist can get on the list​:rofl::joy:

8 Likes

Thanks for keeping us posted.
That’s a shame about the Pan 74…but great there is others doing it.

Photos are great …and I love the root system.

The DP is doing fine and into week 9 since flip.

Happy growing

8 Likes

I lived in Lima, Peru for nearly two years, and you’re right about Latin America. I’m retired (more or less; I get a check from the VA every month) and considered living there. I could rent a cheap apartment and use it as a base for landrace hunting expeditions.
I’ll put it this way: I only saw about half the country in those 22 or so months. One could spend years combing those areas for landraces and still not exhaust all of the possibilities. There are people who spend lifetimes exploring regions of that part of the world without coming close to seeing everything.

7 Likes

Yup, occasionally we’d get brick weed that would surprise us. One time we got some stuff that had small buds with really thin stems that smelled like mint and dill, not pungent at all. The effect was one of the most intense sativa highs ever. It was a racy, heart-pounding, balls-to-the-wall high. The seeds were small and dark, almost black.

5 Likes

Yet another example of cannabis fueling the counter-culture. As Ozzy Osbourne said of cannabis: “You introduced me to my mind.” Everything authoritarians do is geared toward controlling minds. Not only do the pharmacological effects of cannabis tend to negate that, the legal status (and the multiple failures to eradicate it) drives the point home. We all know about the image of the stereotypical stoner. We’re seen as dopey, forgetful, unmotivated, etc. Law enforcement agencies the world over, with multi-million-dollar budgets are fooled by those very same stoners every single day.

10 Likes

Sounds similar to this Oaxaca. There is a small black seed phenotype that I love and my favorite plant from this phenotype has been dubbed Old Silversides. Small nugs, and thin Stems covered in resin. From all descriptions I’m pretty sure it is what is known as the Crypt Keeper pheno.

The only time I’ve ever smelled Dill on a plant was growing Pulga from Parvati Valley but Oaxaca definitely has minty phenotypes. I’m looking forward to finding one of the extra Speedy ones like you have mentioned. It’s possible old silversides is what you are talkin about. Makes me work like a cracked out Madman. I’ve yet to harvest a plant that’s at its peak… a two-hour thunderstorm flattened my last good batch just before Harvest.

10 Likes

I could probably get a decent harvest from a long-flowering sativa here in Georgia. We have six months in which there in no frost whatsoever. With a little planning, that six months could be stretched into 7 or 8.
Ironically, as I type this, it’s actually snowing here. It snows here once every 5 years or so.

7 Likes

Certainly will provide both seed and pollen!

4 Likes

A parent of one of the guerrero state strains that im waiting for. My work for this year. Pic by elchischas

21 Likes