The Clone Conservatory

Wooooow this is horrible news @Principante8 aboyt the hlv I definitely believe it especially because only 1 of 4 sour diesels grew into a real plant and even the one that grew out looked a bit funny plus it made bud like the sundae driver! I figured they were sick bro. That guy is definitely a shill post a few posts up I’d say! @vernal :100: He joined a few days ago just to say that. The clone conservatory is free to write on here as a customer too. This thread comes up on google 2nd thing when googling The Clone Conservatory I’m sure it’s something they’ll do, and I’m sure they saw this, Nothing screams legit here. None of my clones out of 40 of all the 3 strains I got from them took, 2 oxicloners full and that’s never happened before. I can say they were definitely sick babies. And that wasn’t on me, No one should buy from here unless you want to fuck up your garden (if they still have it) Stay the fuck away from hop latent viroid everyone, that’s a disease you don’t want. Luckily I keped nothing from back then.

It spreads. Check everything. Overlapping leaves, small leaves, lack of any apical dominance, low vigor, brittle stems, no-smell low-trichome branches. Anything it even touched has to be discarded. You can even get infected from dried flowers.

Shit is terrifying.

3 Likes

That’s right. Never smoke weed before touching the plants. They say it can spread through dry flowers. You would have to injure the plant for it to happen. Roll a joint, pinch a few tops, spread the viroid, it’s that easy. I’ve always worn gloves in the garden and everyone else should consider it as well until the industry gets a handle on this viroid. This is all over the world now, it’s crazy.

I grew some of the best weed ever last round. First crop in five years and my oh my have the varieties improved. Their ice cream cake and blackwater was amazing. Only problem is I averaged 1.6lb per light instead of 2.5-3lb. Out of 200 there were about 30 duds and some of the good plants had a few weird branches here and there. Overall diminished yields and most was 8.5/10 quality. Definitely some 10/10 in there .Of course I didn’t keep any clones and had to buy more. The first time I got them from Fallbrook and they told me Orange county was a different facility and they don’t share with Fallbrook so I risked it because it’s the only place to get them around here and I’m broke and couldn’t make it starting with seeds.

In fairness to them, in my case at least, it is possible that only one plant could have caused this whole mess. I top all of my plants right around the fifth node, so at some point the infected scissors made contact with basically everything and spread it. I also pluck my fans to get light to the centers. I dip the plugs in a special sauce before planting into the rockwool blocks to kill any aphids etc. All of this normal touching of the plants spreads it like a California wildfire in August. Either that or they were already duds before I got them. I’ll never know.

Imagine these guys selling thousands of plants. They might sell 10,000 and only let out one or two bad ones. As soon as you share scissors or do recirculating hydroponics, or an insect goes from plant to plant it takes over the garden and people will have an experience like Daniel or myself. They say their mothers are perfect and I believe them, mostly. Like I said 1 branch out of 10,000 or 100,000 is all it takes. Because of this they probably think people like me and Daniel are terrible growers, etc. I’ve grown weed as a job for 20 years of my life and I am definitely a competent grower. There’s no way the clone conservatory would be able to operate if all they sold was garbage. I know it’s hard to believe but I think the overwhelming majority of their customers are happy and probably have never encountered this, or maybe they were the lucky ones that only had a few weird branches here and there…

1 Like

(upload://oYkFRQ39GM0KO5adlYNPE6eetMv.jpeg)

There’s about 25 -35 plants in these pics. Seven or eight varieties. It’s a trip because once thet get weird they start to look the same as one another. The pic with five in it is three different varieties. Very similar in appearance. There’s 20+ in the other pic and I see maybe three distinct varieties, the rest could all pass for twin sisters. These are the very heavily infected ones. I’ve already thrown out a couple dozen, and as they reveal themselves, more and more are hitting the trash.

1 Like

Different yet same…
The ones with larger leaves made it into the trash pile because of the branching pattern and size. The branches want to go out and not up.

3 Likes

@Principante8 does hlv transfer to seeds sprouted in soil that had those plants in. I just sprouted 1k worth of seeds in some old used soil and don’t know if it is from those plants. There’s no way to tell at this point @vernal

I wouldn’t risk it personally. Probably not though. If it’s got a bunch of dried roots in it that’s concerning.

It did have dried roots in it @vernal

See the shit that has to be worried about guys from taking in clones from silly business people. See what I’m worried about now, feels pretty bad. Worrying about hlv from my 6+ months old used soil now. Dark heart and purple city genetics won’t have any clones with hlv not one. They make sure they have their shit in check, especially these 2 cloneries they’re really great. Now I’m worried about my used soil I just used for heaven sakes, it’s as horrific to me as it sounds to you. Made my day worse reading about this hlv on here that the clone conservatory spreads and has spread to me in that grow when I grew their cuts. My face has no happy emotions today. Just worry. Thanks the clone conservatory. I hope they change cuz I don’t like saying these bad things at all! I wish they were better, so much wasted potential, but I feel I’m protecting peoples medicine gardens all over sadly by warning others. I wouldn’t give them a chance in hell ever again and tbh that’s scary asfuck that you might get your whole garden ruined because of their clones. If it’s in their facility it may not be long before everything could be infected. This is real bad news guys. Granted dark heart had an issue with this before but now do bi weekly testing and tissue cultured all their strains to get rid of the viroid and they took a step further to research as much as they could about it and it used to be known as dudding but DHN found the unlying cause of the dudding and found it’s hops latent viroid. They were the first to identify dudding as hlv in cannabis in history. And took a huge step to make sure nothing has hlv ever again. I trust them completely now. Especially cuz they are an important part of history because they found the underlying cause of dudding by their big expensive cannabis laboratory and studying team of experts.and I trust them because there was no test for dudding before, it was just exactly how it sounds and came up in some plants. And there was no test because there is no research in weed that much and no way to identify it. They took the initiative and researched it and They really care and it was a mistake to spread hlv for a couple years. Now we know what hlv is thanks to dark heart and no hlv clone has come out of there since. They will not spread a hlv clone and I believe they may be one of the safest nurseries because of how seriously they take it. And we know what it is thanks to DHN!

1 Like

This is why I’m done taking in clones from anywhere that can’t prove clean plants like PCG. Thanks Danial again. :wink: I have a small selection of bonsai moms one being a Cuban Black that still has the PCG plant plastic stake in it and I’m sure that’s good because now I sterilize my tools after even trimming fan leaves on each mom. I have 4 other cuts I have gotten from what I hope are decent players from strainly. I need to send in samples from all including Cuban Black to test when I can break free a few hundred. And I want a genuine MAC1 back but only if it’s been tested and that’s all I need for a while. I have a Ghost I’m growing out for the first time and it
Looks good but there is something about it I’m a little concerned about but can’t say for sure.

1 Like

Daniel, I called dark heart lab a few days ago and asked about sending in samples etc. The gentleman I spoke to was very friendly and helpful. He would probably answer your questions. I sent in samples from 25 plants. Some good looking plants and some bad looking. You might consider testing what you have if you’re far enough along and heavily invested. $25 for the hplvd test. If you have enough money I’d just toss the whole thing. The lab might say otherwise so give them a call. I’m hoping I sorted through these plants well enough that I have a good harvest and can buy some time to plant seeds next time. Of course I’ll have to pheno hunt a couple tables before I can’t plant a garden full because I’ve planted hundreds of seeds in the past and gotten only dozens of keeper plants. So that means at least one more round of buying clones before I can move on from it.

One thing for everyone to remember while we’re bashing the clone conservatory is that just about every clone bank has had it or will have it in the future and it will devastate them the way it has us. As an example, Dark heart passed this viroid out at some point. The clone houses don’t want this for us. It’s bad for everyone. They’re not doing it on purpose. Nobody would ever go back for more if they received infected cuts like we did. It’s like when aids hit. Everyone was terrified. Now we know put on a condom and don’t share needles and you’re probably ok. Eventually we’ll get a handle on this. I hope they take my feedback seriously and test the crap out of everything. Then, if they keep their tools clean all will be well in the end.

• I edited this post because I had the test pricing wrong. It’s now correct -
2 Likes

But now that DHN identified it there is no reason for a clonery to have it anymore

For now, anyone buying clones publicly is at risk. It’ll probably be a few years before the community as a whole gets a handle on it. It’s really hard to notice in a mother plant. Many times it’s only one branch on a huge plant so the growers just can’t imagine that anything is wrong.

My test results came back today

1 Like

No good reason but plenty of other ones. I haven’t seen very many if any posting negative test results to confirm there mothers are clean.
Then again I haven’t looked that hard because I don’t take in clones hardly ever , I just got gushmints from purple city genetics but I have never seen a un healthy plant come from them and don’t plan on getting anything else from the outside world anytime soon. I’ve got Plenty of seed in hand , collected before this bastard virus had made it ways threw the community.

@Principante8 who did you talk to who didn’t believe you had this issue

I gave the rundown to the customer service employee that took my order and he relayed to his boss. I got a call from the owner and he said he didn’t believe me. He had conviction in his voice so I really think it came as a surprise to him. I’m sure he’s seen the viroid at some point and tried diligently to eradicate it. Now it’s back again, showing it’s ugly face. He didn’t seem like a bullshitter to me so hopefully he took my terrible surprise as a gift and tested his stock. Most of these clone places will deal with public to make extra money but they’re likely supplying big gardens with repeat orders. There’s no way to make decent money being a bullshitter so I’ll bet it truly was a shock to him and he was in a temporary state of denial. If I got it he’ll get more calls in the near future I’m sure.

What owners name and when @Principante8

@Principante8 and which facility did you get it from

Can’t remember his name. I talked with him last week right around when I found this thread. While I was waiting for the test results I was searching to find out if anyone else had similar problems. I got them from Orange County. The previous round I got from Fallbrook and there was some weird ones in there for sure. This time I was able to see the obvious duds before they flowered. Last time wasn’t so lucky and had about 40 out of 200 dud out. This time I threw away around 60-70 of 220. I can only hope that the ones I kept will produce. They appear to be strong, and the strong ones last time turned out to be amazing cannabis.