The Dogs' House: La Perrera

It is a terrestrial orchid, I think it is an Orchis Mascula, there are many species of this genre in the Iberian peninsula.

The first terrestrial orchids of our country begin to bloom at the end of the year and end when they press the heats, in the areas at sea level they finish on July and as you go taking height they are delayed until the end of August.

One of the most beautiful we have in the peninsula is the Ciprepedium Calceolus, they are from humid areas and of a certain height, they tend to be in colonies.

6 Likes

You have very good reasons why I love the great outdoors. The plants and the buds look stupendous!!!

2 Likes

Muchas gracias!
…and these other littles ones (here are thousand …)?

10 Likes

These tree’s flowers are full of wild bees:

16 Likes

Lirios:

12 Likes

A short walk from a valley to the hill, with my new friend.

Horses n sheeps in the valley:

Walkin to the hill:

So hot for ya, my Germany’s breeded friend!?.. Its only Spring’s begginin…Wait till Summer will come…

My new friend inna the hill’s forest, crazy by the rabits:

14 Likes

You live in a paradise and I’m in love with your dog! :cowboy_hat_face: what part of Spain is this?

Wellcome to my mounts; Bienvenidos a Sierra Morena:

Sierra Morena mounts (North Side) , @oleskool830 , one of the poorest and most remote areas of Spain …Although same Jamaican singers or Hollywood actors (I suppose some to smoke and others to hunt, he, he) or the Kings of Spain come here from time to time (they have their hunting ground here). … the other day I saw Vin Diesel telling an American television that he loved to come to relax in the nature of my Sierra, and that he had even called his daughter Himilce, in honor of the famous one for his resistance to the Carthaginian invasion , Princess Himilce (circa 300 Before C) of my “ancestral” Iberian tribe, the Oretans… (?)

@ryasco, the same symbol as described The Atlantida by Platón: the warrior protectin the 3 concéntrical circles city…

Scarra Mucci in a near town from Monte Adentro:

8 Likes

I’m speechless my friend. Traveling to Spain just shot up my bucket list! What is the nearest city to the Sierra Moreno with an airport? :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Sierra Morena are between the “States” of Extremadura & Castilla-La Mancha at North, n’ Andalucia at South.
It rules between the South part of Badajoz, Ciudad Real n’ Albacete provinces at North, and the North part of Huelva, Sevilla n’ Jaén province at South.

No big city here, only same big towns… Easiest way to came here is by plane to Madrid, or Seville, n then ya have High Speed Train to the nearest cities or big towns like Villanueva de Córdoba , Córdoba, Jaén, Ciudad Real or Puertollano…

8 Likes

Thanks for the info my friend. We also have a lot of hunters that come here. The Axis Deer is mainly what they come for.
As well as Texas Whitetail Deer.

7 Likes

@oleskool830, here is a hunt modality only in the full moonlight nights: to hunt deers n big wild pigs only with a big knife n a pack of Spanish Alanos or Argentinan Dogos dogs…

2 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

Black Iberian Pig?

You eat Jamón ibérico?

I really want to get into Charcuterie but will have to wait until I have more infrastructure…

3 Likes

@DirtDigger, same Black Iberic Pigs, free (well, they are protected with dogs, Spanish Mastiffs & Alanos, that dosent apears in pic) in my mounts:

…Black Iberic Jam is so expensive to me, but like I help sametimes to the owner of the pic’s pigs, he present to me one sametimes…
Its amazin taste n amazin texture n healthy propierties are very diferent from the normal jam…

16 Likes

wow, Spain is beautiful, my shepherds and I would love it over there! thanks for the pics & history stuff

3 Likes

The other day Yako killed this snake:

7 Likes

That’s too bad @MiG I’m sorry to hear that.

…el aire esta impregnado de aromas florales…

11 Likes

What in the world? That looks like a child drew a picture of their favorite imaginary flower.
French lavender?

4 Likes