There's so many things wrong with your link it's hard to find where to start.
The author automatically labels it a "conspiracy theory" as though this were some dastardly scheme to steal your money when in fact, from the link, " Ebner’s plucky son, Daniel, has continued his father’s research. According to one source he has obtained the patent for the technology and made it publicly available."!
How dare the scoundrel! Offer his father's key work to the world - for free!
Then there's this gem: "The idea of using a static electric field in order to change gene expression has been studied. In one study, for example, applying an electric field accelerates differentiation but reduces proliferation."
This is a far cry from inferring that nothing is taking place like this article claims. And if I understand what the words "differentiation" and "proliferation" mean. the (human)cells involved show change and a reduced number of divisions.
Perhaps it's the frequency they used that differs from my <$20 rig but I am seeing the opposite.
So far 3 of the treated seeds have sprouted and broke surface compared to 0 in the control group.
Again, I used twice the number of seeds for the control. This appears to me to be significant. The 4 I selected for the test were picked using the infallible "eeny, meeny, miney mo" process.
Rather than go on a point by point takedown of the article and the author who seems to be a Big Ag apologist, I'd like it if folks read my posts on the subject and also your link to see who has an axe to grind. So for those still interested in an actual test of this process, rather than a drive by critique, stick around.
Any way here is an update:
OK I messed around with my unit with some design changes. The first run showed some weaknesses I could change quick.
First off, the “on” led was on one side, I want to rotate it 90 degrees so it will be visible regardless of which side is up or down.
Second, it was still too big and soldering to the battery terminals was embarrassingly lazy.
Third, I didn’t show any pics of the interior, mainly because my phone cam is whack. It took 20 shots to get those below.
Here’s how I wired it:
Rig after mods:
More pics later ...