Stealth cabinet, DWC, Blue Dream fem Seedsman

D17
Some spotting and pale new growth, any ideas, maybe its fine.
Will LITFA unless someone has any pointers.

Been slowly increasing PPMs, from 275 to now 550, Ph 5.7-6. Aiming at GHs recirculating nutrients chart, seedling ~400-600 going towards 1000ppm in full veg.
Current dosage, 50 grow, 30micro, 15 bloom. Confusing, according to their chart that dosage for 5 gal would be ~1000ppm, while mine measures 550.
Am I at 2x the dosage I intended or at half of where I am suppose to go?
Maybe its the other stuff at the end of the chart that’s supposed to add that PPM, florablend/armor/floralicious.

3 Likes

D23
Well, typical rookie mistakes were made.
I burnt the crap outa the plants raising PPM too fast, did not follow the “today is what you did last week” axiom.
ORP meter has been sent back, it was giving fluctuating results, sometimes going up like normal other times refusing to go over ~400 even with crazy ozone or chlorine in a cup.
Sticking to 5ml(~1.8ppm) chlorine every few days .´

Emergency care was interesting, they went from totally limp and flat to standing up in a day. ~100ppm instead of 550 helped.
Constant spray with ph7 water with a dash of aloe.

revival

90% oxygen fed through stainless steel diffuser, makes a nice mist in the fluid.

Still not totally out of the woods but they are alive and seem to be recovering.
After a few days of slow acclimatization with lots of spraying and a bowl over the plants.

3 Likes

D31
Back on track, new roots and new growth.
Pretty sure I can blame the ORP meter, the readings were inconsistent and likely caused overdosing.
Even though the roots were brown it doesn’t seem like fungal, I can only assume it was chlorine burn.
Nutes raised to 150ppm.
1.5ml 5% chlorox every 3 days.

5 Likes

Nice recovery Arriba|nullxnull , always feed with less than what’s in the charts and you will never be wrong, better hungry than burnt … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Thanks George, repeated punishment drives the lesson home like no other, fail your way to success beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

Flower starts today , D35 : F1.
I read that the blue dream tends to take 6 weeks to start flower properly. Hopefully it was timed right and there will be 3-4x stretch.
Hoping to get some good cuts in the middle of stretch.
They are looking so nice, what a recovery, still at 150ppm. Just doesnt make sense, most people are running 500-1200ppm, oh well, as long as they are happy.
Robust one , bottom left, rub it and doesn’t have much smell, but the one on the right, that could be amazing, sweet lemon/grape, top one is more grapefruit.
3 very different girls.

4 Likes

well id be waiting another two+ weeks to give them adequate veg time before flipping them due to the recent issues you had, you just want them to be decent sized and healthy before throwing them into reduced light day lengths, and you can always flop and prune to manage the space you have.

2 Likes

Thanks.
So far I haven’t had a grow where the cab wasn’t packed and had to be cut down by 50% or more.
If they keep essentially vegging for another 6 weeks, I still think they might overfill the 0,25m2.
Going to risk having 3 softballs.
You are probably right and I am just rushing it, lets see.

D39:F5

Turns out the wind from my fan was making one plant all floppy, rotated them and the back wall spot causes plant flop. Fan shroud added.

In other news, the girls are growing decently and PPM has been raised to 230.
Triacontanol/algae/aloe/silica foliar yesterday, looks to be perking them up.

Raised from 10k lux to 15k, lets see how they like it.

4 Likes

D45:F11
Hand sized fan leaves, come on tops, time to catch up.
Although I didn’t really help since i took a top cut from each 2 days ago.
They seem to like 300ppm just fine, they are eating and drinking in a balanced manner, stays the same.
Shame that the runty one smells the best, so slow to grow.

4 Likes

Much more intense green and monster leaves, plants love hydro especially when you find the right feed, they will reward you for that … Arriba|nullxnull

2 Likes

Yessir, decent growth. FYI, last pic was with flash, makes them look a pale.
Blasting into flower and hoping for cuts to push roots, some excitement i suppose :grin:.
Wanna see them thick green leaves and praying.
New growth is a little pale still even if it doesn’t show on picture. Maybe I need cal/mag even though I am on soft water Flora…

2 Likes

D49:F15 , Preflowers

We have pre-flower on BD#1(top left), it is the overall winner, strong growth, has developed a spicy scent with a little grapefruit.
Taken 3 cuts, I really hope they root soon, 6 days so far on the first cut and no sign of rooting yet.

BD#2, on the right, Isn’t quite as healthy, a little flimsy, good growth and a sweeter grapefruit scent.

BD#3 is just a runty mess, I will let it run its course and cut it from the gene pool.

BD#1 and BD#2 need to make babies.
Will pick a branch on BD#1 and start spraying CS.

Lux increased to 32k(limit of the phone app).
Slight purple on stems(need cal/mg?) and ppm was down to 265, put in 3ml micro(+20ppm, for the calcium, micros), MgCl 15ppm, total 300.

2 Likes

D53:F19/63-70
Good growth, time to put in the net.
BD#2 is showing first hairs now.
Some browning on the older roots on top, smells a little earthy but growth is great.
Increased chlorine to 2ml/5% every 2 days just in case.

Even BD#4 that fell out of its seed pod at the start is coming along, just got topped, it took an extra month and a half but its still alive.
All the cuttings are rooting too, they are a little rough looking but started showing root yesterday, the green gods are with me on this one. 8 days for rooting, pretty decent.
If 2x daily CS spray produces pollen this is a straight home run.

Now to figure out how to time the next cycle, ~45 days left. Mature seeds probably takes ~40 days, might have to settle with harvesting a little pollen this round and pollinate next round.
I cant imagine getting pollen until 2 weeks from now if at all.

Kush n cookies CBD on soak for next round. The little veg chamber will be stuffed to the gills.

Need to convert to ebb n flow in the future, cant fit all the goodness, someone call strainaholics anonymous.

5 Likes

KnC 2 for 1 special, get yours while its still hot.

5 Likes

D59:F25/~65

Starting to bud nicely, growth is decent although the roots are soft and look like ass.
Mid flower seems to be my weak point, going to figure this one out dammit.
BD#1 is putting out a funky smell when brushed, a gassy mild rhubarb with a blueberry candy aroma on the back end.

In an attempt to get sexy roots, ordered a Hailea V10 and a V30 cos, F-it, pumps will be needed.
V10 is 10l/min and of course V30 is 30l/min.
There`s gonna be foam dammit.

3 Likes

D67:F33/~65
Step forward, solved one of my major issues, Hailea V-30, 30l/min, that’s what was missing.
3l/min aquarium pump is not enough, roots were slowly drowning and I was chasing my tail with root rot treatment.
I kept wondering why mid flower was a problem, root mass simply outgrew the air supply.

@MysteryMoog, nebulizer pump got me by until the Hailea V-30 arrived.
V30 at 25W puts out more than the 190W nebulizer pump, quiet too, very happy.
Girls are eating again, 320ppm to 305 in a day.
Proper air makes such a difference, before and after, one week.

Added some cal-mag with the res change, they like it.
Remo cal-mag(20ml) and 20M/40B in 5gal/20L.
My TDS meter cant be correct, oh well, shows change, that’s always something.
Got some great white bennies powder, will be trialing it going forward.

Girls are happy, BD#2 on the right is starting to bud nicely, cant wait to see how it turns out.
Gave them a whack of Acetamiprid last week, worked a treat on whatever those white things in the roots where, saw them float out with res change. Ordered some Bacillus Thuringensis (mosquito bits), keep the roots clear.
+4 weeks to harvest, Acetamiprid should be ok, half life of around 3-4 days, under 20% after 14 days.

Kush n` cookies CBD are doing ok in the veg chamber (left side).
BD#1 cut in the back middle, secured.
BD#4(bottom right) smells just like BD#1, they have to make seed later, lock in that gassy rhubarb/blueberry thing they got going.

Micro aero cloner with some BD#1-2 cuts, that’s what a 3l/min pet store pump is for.
BD#2 cut is just about to root, earlier cuts took a dump but this works well.

9 Likes

That’s awesome to hear. :+1:

1 Like

D75:F40/~65

Its been a good week, nugs are starting to bulk up.
They are eating and drinking, in 10 days half the nutes were gone.

Starting to itch like a mofo when I poke around, need gloves from here on out.

A hole in the canopy on the left side, cut off the CS treated branch, started making bananas after 3-4 weeks of spraying and one week without spray, not a good time for pollination.

BD#1 is getting frosty and has developed a mellow blueberry scent that leans towards sweet grapes.

BD#2 had a secondary stretch and is finally starting to frost up. More grapey sweetness developing and a slight blueberry aroma. Coming from a sharp grapefruit it is working towards the same as BD#1.

Moar air, moar better.

4 Likes

Looking good in the root department! Glad you turned things around.

1 Like