The Forest Treehouse - CannabisSequoia's Growing Again :-)

What could I replace the Tanglefoot with? I’m in Texas. All we have is Stinkfoot! Shitkickers you understand.

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

You need to change this thread name to tropical treehouse

5 Likes

Looking good tropical paradise by the way I use Growmore and love it and so do the plants.

3 Likes

Howzit @gramps
Hope you are well & gardening happily
How often did you use dr Zymes in flower?

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

As needed right up to harvest. Things are good here with only one plant not much happening.

2 Likes

10/4/22 update - star fleet needs you

early week 5 for Lemon Skunk x Snow Lotus BX
2 new clones of the local/Maui Skunkdawg - kinda rough & may have HLV :crossed_fingers:
5 Tangie x Orange Sunshine, 1 Hindu Kush x SFV/GSC(?)
6 each (I think) Sour Dub x Snow Lotus BX, Ancestral Skunk
Seedlings from Maui Jane: Royal Oil, Grape Sherb fem, Skunkdawg “BX” 1 & 2 (808 OG & Skream). Not impressed with these as far as germination. At least they were cheap. I think I’ll fork out 200 for the real Royal soon.

The late summer weather here has been significantly hotter & less rainy…duly noted! :sweat_smile: :sweat_drops:

The Maui Wowie’s, Sweet Wonder’s, & Good Medicine are all curing pretty well. Sweet Wonder is a tastes-great-less-stoned 1:1… Maui Wowie is a very nice relaxing high with more punch than I expected. Found maybe 2 seeds in an ounce…fine by me. Will try the MW crosses ASAP. Good Medicine…ahem…from @nube’s F2ing is definitely good. This time I grew a clone from one of 2 plants earlier this year & HOLY SHIIIEEETTT it hits me like a 20%THC 5%CBD… but that seems unlikely. Not great for clear thinking… :laughing:

So far, the Sweet Wonder & Maui Wowie are the only ones that have made it to a full 56 day flower period, the others all about 7-7.5 weekers.

Drying has been easier than I’d expected but the off-grid house I live in gets hot & my power use is limited so I definitely made some hay :roll_eyes: so I’m thinking about building some super insulated drying shed that can use a small portable A/C unit extremely frugally. :thinking: Something like R60 but it has to be solid, non-wicking type e.g. foam. The forgiving aspect is the outdoor ambient temps fluctuate much less than for most of you(19 deg latitude, middle of the Eastern Pacific).

The small starts have all gone into a perlite-heavy mix with the large perlite as a drain layer; out here with the humidity it really helps. pH neutral too. :blush: Still using DynaGro feed at 50% strength up to week 5, then nothing but water.

Discovered a massive Aloe :seedling: and heard Jeremy of BuildASoil explaining how great it is, how it’s the amino shake for athletes, etc., how it’s best from closest to the equator :partying_face: … so now it’s in my worm bin too. (will get some pics of that fiesta soon).

Have also been trying to hammer sulfur into the plants… & it seems to be helping. First fed it to the worms in cornmeal with some DEM black mystik or WTF it’s called. They didn’t appreciate that, so then I harvested casts & through a whole container of sulfur in :sweat_smile: & blended it by hand. I take a random handful & shake with water & apply as “dank stank” :tm: (take that, LITFA! :laughing: ).

I’m also planning to sponsor & organize a wacky fun grow competition here, the theme being creative use of alternative media(i.e. growing in Lego’s or weed shake, etc.). Initial thoughts on prize are $100 amazon gift card & 100$ donation to a charity of winner’s choosing. Anybody with ideas/OCD :hugs: please PM).

Aloha!

10 Likes

Don’t toss that aloe vera, it’s really helpful with clones rooting and germination … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

Oh hell no-- I just have a plethora since I carved up an overgrown plant into 2 large & many medium & small cuttings…like a hundred. :sweat_smile: :+1:

If anything I’m over-using it if that’s possible. (?)

Also forgot to mention that all of the 2 Pure Kush x Uzbek HP & 4 Marauders were male, as well as a single Red Cherry Berry F3. The dogs loved chewing them up.

8 Likes

10/19/22 update-icus var. Sativa :joy:

Lemon Skunk x Snow Lotus BX Harvest day, 7.5 weeks, because Fusarium says so. Early smoke test says hellfuckinyeah! :lemon: :lemon: :lemon: :boom: Least budrot & zero PM, so absolutely a fuckin champ. Love this one from @GrowHard :clap:

I’m not sure if you all can see the browning of the stems, working it’s way up from the main infection. It may have been able to go another few days but I’m exhausted with it. Had to open the “barn doors” on my garage to bring it in at night/ :sweat_smile:

Clearly, I need to be more sterile with my pruning & maybe consider “tree seal” for the larger wounds. :thinking:

All the veggers & seedlings:

Ancestral Skunk from @sebring

Got 1 autoflowering male, 2 semi-auto males, and this probable he-she, showing (I think) one male & one female preflower, then the next node up has 2 real female parts. :thinking: Not sure if I’ll actually run that one next to the Tangie x OSS that just got flipped.

Also got some new & promising beans from @Wuachuma lined up for soaking. :+1:

10 Likes

Did you get that Fusarium through the wound when you topped her? icon_e_confused|nullxnull Perhaps you will need a bucket of alcohol near you and dip your :scissors: now and then while trimming. Had three plants with mould in my last run :disappointed:, guess we need a mould resistant strains list frech|nullxnull, nice little family you’re growing there … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

Yes, I’m virtually certain. I need to keep a bucket of alcohol in my work area & get diligent instead of just trusting things to nature. :grin:

You would think we’d have a thread going by now… :thinking:

Thank you :smiley_cat: I have to keep them going at the rate I smoke it. Really wish I’d planned for a larger “fall” harvest & not wasted time in the “rainy season”. I wish I could run a lot more but my indoor/climate-controlled space is minimal & I’m not yet ready to expose plants to 100% outdoor weather. When I have extra pounds, theeeeeeennnn I’ll just start experimenting with less important seeds & see if anything does OK.

This first year in Hawai’i is re-learning to grow in a totally different & humid, 20 deg. N lat., and NEXT YEAR I’ll be making seeds again (phyew!) :relieved: Planning to F2 a few winners, take Red Cherry Berry F3 to F5, maybe some crosses too. Have way more to do than I can handle. :sunglasses:

In the coming months I’ll try my first STS spraying/selfing of the local clone of “Skunk Dawg” aka Maui Skunk Dawg & Maui Dawg, & hope to make hundreds+ of it & will spread the love here & to the grower who shared it. He’s had the clone 9 years & the big caveat… I think it has HLV. It shows variegation & I’m suspicious but nobody really knows if an S1 with HLV will pass it on. To make it easier to time, I have 2 clones so I’ll reverse the uglier one :laughing: & wait to flip & pollinate the other.

@SCJedi has kindly offered to perform some testing on the parent plant :hugs: & progeny. :microscope: :biohazard:

6 Likes

10/28/22 update

Enjoying Starlink :+1: thank you Elon!

Week 2 (3) Tangie X OSS
Veg (1) Tangie X OSS, 2 Skunk Dawg clones for S1 project, (3) Sour Dubb X Snow Lotus BX, (1) Ancestral Skunk flowered under 15.5 hrs light :man_shrugging: & her brothers were autoflowering so no transplant, just a fluke, (?# starts) Royal Oil, Grape Sherb fem, Skunk Dawg BX1, Skunk Dawg BX2.

Some tomatoes & hot peppers… maybe by Christmas? :man_shrugging: :hot_pepper: :tomato:

:evergreen_tree: :v:

9 Likes

Any chance of making seeds with those fine cuts that you picked up brother? Those genetics are outta reach up here in the frozen (about to be) north haha looking beautiful
Peace

2 Likes

I plan/hope to S1 the Skunkdawg since it’s an older clone & may have HLVd… no data on whether an S1 will pass it on. :man_shrugging:

Other chucking is planned for next year… most of what I have is worthy so it’s a little tough to choose the order… but the Lemon Skunk X Snow Lotus BX was outsanding & I regret not cloning. So I just started cloning the next Growhard creation I have in veg: Sour Dubb X Snow Lotus BX because at least one reeks in veg.

If that HLV is present in the Skunkdawg seeds they’re only valuable to researchers :blush: – you won’t want those!

Not sure if others have planned to F2 the Viet Nam - South Korea 1972 but I probably should and am probably unworthy :laughing: That’s gotta be open pollination with as many males as possible. :man_facepalming: So that by itself scares me.

4 Likes

LOVE this idea!!! :heart_eyes: My ‘Apricots’ seem to be the only thing getting hit w/bud rot (so far). Only ‘here & there’ right now, but have only been seeing ‘any’ in the last 3 days since prior 3 days of hard rains. :cry: A list of OG’ers experience would be really handy!

@cannabissequoia Just bringing back all the good memories of my years on Kauai seeing your place, plants and conditions! Thanks, it’s been a real pleasure following along and will look forward to seeing the next crop’s progression!
:call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Sounds great , the rumor that I heard, which I haven’t tried to find any solid data on,is 30percnt of the seeds could sport the virus !
However what interests me even more Is that if you were to use an earth box (or in the earth outdoors) (may have been a podcast with Kevin Jodrey )and natural sun,with a great helping of litfa,it can outgrow the virus,it will always test positive,but you can stay ahead,by taking cuttings after a few months of natural growth,I would really enjoy watching that go down,if you happen to try ! Hope you are well brother!
Peace

4 Likes

Right :slight_smile: According to my buddy people have tried using infected males & females with similar results but no S1/selfed attempts. :man_shrugging: Would suck if it has the viroid & 100% of the seeds pass it on but I don’t mind doing 1/2 the work to find out. Should be getting the STS pretty soon & can start. :+1:

As far as outgrowing the viroid, I have my doubts but since I got the clones they’ve responded to my love & look a lot healthier. :blush: Am keeping my eyes open for more variegation in new growth & will be sending samples for testing pretty soon too. :v:

4 Likes

11/10/22 update

Got the STS spray, defoliated heavy & pruned the Skunk Dawg clones for HLV/S1 project, got the instructions…just need the distilled h2izzo. Expect free seeds after January '23. :shushing_face:

Day 26 for Tangie x OSS(3) & Day 12 for the 10gal Tangie x OSS; I transplanted the smallest & vegged for additional 2 weeks, because, weed.

Sour Dubb x Snow Lotus BX reek like SourD in veg :+1: , they’re kinda lanky so I FIM’ed & keep “SOMA-bending” or knuckling them. If space wasn’t an issue :man_astronaut: :first_quarter_moon_with_face: then I’d flip these 3 asap. Will go another 2 weeks in veg.

The Maui Jane Seed Co starts are all mostly doing nice, with some bronzing on one, poss. spray damage, and or poss. my who-knows EWC & Sulfur feeding. :man_shrugging: LITFA for now.

There’s clones of the Sour Dubb x Snow Lotus BX; finally got my first real clone dome after about 7 years growing. :joy: Ever see a clone dome used outdoors for rain-protection? :sweat_smile: :sweat_drops:

I’m soaking/starting 4 more for the year:

Red Cherry Berry F2
Red Cherry Berry F2BX1
Red Cherry Berry F3
88G13HP x Red Cherry Berry F2

:joy: :cherries:

The 88G’s popped in under 12 hours… a new record for me. Got the mom from @SCJedi. :+1: …as well as the STS & a bunch of seed packs :partying_face: :joy: including '79 Xmas Bud from NDNguy by Humbold/CSI Pirates of the Emerald Triangle.

Party on, dudes. :telephone_receiver: :comet:

Have a nice day

Aloha.

:evergreen_tree: probably something else too

11 Likes

11/18/22 update STS. virgin no more :open_mouth:

Skunk Dawg clone suspected of HLVd, first STS spray tonight. See variegation & whorling

Skunk Dawg clone to receive pollen in some weeks

Tangie X Orange Sunshine the budshot is of day 32 & is already dripping orangey resin, day 16 for the biggun.

The Maui Jane seedlings- will have to slow them a bit & too a lot; my flowering space is limited to about 4x8’ for garaging at night.

5x5 tent in garage all plastered with plastic to keep it clean while spraying STS & making pollen.

Other stuff… coleus & chiles & little houseplant kine ting

:v:

13 Likes

I wouldn’t advise using a plant suspected of HpLVd in a breeding project. The virus can be transmitted via seed.

That being said, variegation and whorling are not typically symptoms of HpLVd, but are for TMV.

7 Likes