The Forest Treehouse - CannabisSequoia's Growing Again :-)

Looks like this…

Sigh

9 Likes

Is that different from bud rot? I have not seen caterpillars or cocoons though I have seen the occasional moth.

3 Likes

Well, there is bud rot from grey or black mold as well, from moisture getting inside the buds. I get most of my caterpillars from moths, they do this after they hatch and before they cocoon. A lot of times they just look like little green worms. This brown stuff is caused by their saliva aka a enzyme they produce that deteriorates the bud.

4 Likes

Hmmm. I will look for them. The rot I see has been brown and often starts in or targets the calyx spreading to the base of the neighbor buds. It also seems to like the node junctions in my GSCxOaxacan.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, my cherry berry white is riddled with it. Gonna lose half the yield. They got me in between BT sprays. I haven’t seen any in about 3 weeks though now. Pretty sure I have them all licked. They really loved 3 of my plants out there more than the others.

1 Like

That’s sounds like mold from your rainy climate, buddy. You would have found green worms inside the spots if it were caterpillars

EDIT: btw… the brown stuff starts out soft and if you pick at it, you’ll usually find a worm. After a day or two it looks like the top pic. The 2nd pic is one I picked at.

3 Likes

Sprayed today with potassium bicarbonate and a dash of doc bronners. Hoping to keep them happy through mid October. For what it’s worth, they pray for the sun |/.

2 Likes

10/3/19 update

Trim jail, drying & curing, smoking, making bubblehash, waiting for plants to finish…

:v:

@ReikoX F.A.M. 2 months; pollinated 2 on right with LRUVf2xRCB pollen that I’d forgotten about in the garage at 2 weeks but am not seeing any beans popping out yet. Will let them go 2 more weeks & harvest, see if that pollen had gone bad. Am guessing that center one is Sugar Black Rose :rose:? I am ashamed for not doing these or the LRUVs justice but life’s shitty circumstances took priority this year. :wheel_of_dharma:

@deep_rob The Black x Champagne @ 8 weeks, major budflop :blush:, getting dark & heavy( like yo sista’! :astonished: :joy:), will let them have 9.5-10 weeks but no more… :stopwatch:

My 2 Durban Poison X Red Cherry Berry plants, week 4/? (11wk mama + 8 wk papa), argh… :skull_crossbones: :cherries:

@Ftlob’s (F13SuperSilverHaze x SweetJackXBlueberry), chopping saturday morning, 9+ wks. :thumbsup: :hugging:

Barney’s GorillaZkittles week 8 from @killabeez-seedbank (many thanks! :skull: :bee: :bee:), smellz great. 1-2 weeks more… :hourglass:

@Scissor-Hanz’ Super Lemon Haze X Jesus OG is a resin factory at week 4(was putting it on at week 2!) :clap: :boom: :microscope:, skunky, dank-ass lemon smell. F*ckin great. :muscle:

:evergreen_tree:

40 Likes

All I can say is “WOW”…

Peace
DaFozz

8 Likes

I stare in awe.

:fist:

4 Likes

looks like you are having fun
nice looking plants bro !
growing outdoors can be very challenging
always have caterpillars - this year haven’t seen any yet - the really hot weather this year must have killed off the adults
enjoy !

3 Likes

absolutely beautiful mate, just a few short stressful weeks to go.

2 Likes

Thanks! :smile: Outdoors is a challenge for sure, but compared to guerilla/prohibition days…sheeeeeit, I think we’ll deal with it. :sunglasses: Caterpillar losses so far have been a few buds, under 1/4oz so far, compared to 1.5LB in 2017, so major progress there. That year was devastating & lead to buying herb for about 7 months-- WAAY more expensive for me than growing it. Retail for me is almost 200$/week and i have no income. :thinking: And I don’t sell my services. :laughing:

phyew. early a.m. here.

11 Likes

particularly liked the Red Cherry Berry x Sour Lifesaver
and the Black x Champagne

4 Likes

Was worried about the thread title but after looking all those beauties I am tempted to edit it, everything looks awesome to me, great job done …

3 Likes

That looks beautiful man. You got the cover up and everything! Caterpillars do t seem to bad, but the ants are farming aphids.

4 Likes

Thanks @George @Pedro_Bann @anon95954822 @cannacrab @SamwellBB

@MidwestMover :ant: :mag:
:clap: Good eye! You noticed them before I did…just noticed yesterday & am uneasy about spraying mid flower. After I harvest the BlackXChampagne & GorillaZkittles I may do something for the DurpanRCBs & SLXxJOG. :shower: :mushroom:

6 Likes

They ALL look amazing mate including @ReikoX fem autos. I’d love to be able to grow plants as big as these. Maybe one day the fucked up UK laws will change and allow it. :v:

5 Likes

You wanting an outdoor run?

1 Like

Diatomaceous earth around base will stop ants from climbing up plants. You can spray off aphids with plain water.

2 Likes