The Garden of Weeden

Dam, for that price u must of bought that bag 10 years ago… Hahhah

1 Like

Here you go.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Expert-Gardener-All-Purpose-Plant-Fertilizer-10-10-10-Fertilizer-40-lb/166185332?athbdg=L1600&from=/search

2 Likes

Now thats the ticket! I’m a firm believer that good shit shouldn’t cost alot, especially when it comes to fertilizer.

1 Like

Low 60’s at night is what my grow room runs. Sometimes down into the 50’s. No issues from that for me.

I love my autoflowers, but yeah, they have less recovery time than photoperiods. But they don’t hold back on flowering for stress reasons, so if you’re still not seeing any preflower you’ve probably got some longer lifespan autoflowers, which is a good thing for you here. Did the breeder give a guideline? I’ve seen anything from 2 to 5 months for the time from seed sowing to harvest. Breeder usually gives an estimate.

My prescription for new growers, of any plant really, but especially autoflower cannabis, is to practice. Which I know is ridiculous with commercial seed prices. I usually have plenty of autoflower cross seeds that I made at home and ended up not wanting for my breeding projects. That’s because I have to do the breeding and seed making while the flower is curing, before I really know what I’ve got.

PM me if you want a hundred or so. They’re regular seeds, so half will be male, and the genetics will be something good but nothing rare. I also have a pile of photoperiod crosses if you’d rather practice on those. Or both, I don’t mind. :wink:

Anyway, sprout them, experiment on them, and compost them instead of taking to harvest unless you find a plant that you think is a total gem. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ll take you up on your seed offer- yes please- I’d like to grow more and think I can…

My first five are Skywalker OG’s that I picked up from seedconnect in Tempe, AZ…I really don’t know any more than that… I was just in a blind rush to get growing since my wife gave the project a nod. So… true to form, i just rushed in…

Some very funky things happened with my very first seedlings… I think most of it was due to wild temperature swings, and a lack of understanding about the minimums for seedlings…

I’m in preflower on those right now-- ( I think)- they seem to be improving every day… And most of the improvement came when my temps both stabilized and improved… I’ll try to take some pics.

This is my most damaged girl. She is 59 days from seed… I think she’s showing 8n pre- flower

Here is a blackjack auto at 40 days…very stunted and already in flower??

2 Likes

That’s the problem with autos, you have no control over when they flower so if an unhealthy plant wants to flower, there’s nothing you can do to stop it. I always suggest photoperiod plants for new growers.

1 Like

So- I need to get better taking pictures… But, I was wondering …I’ve heard of this “nautral phenomenon” that happens with plants… Some of the oldest living trees on our planet are found in the most inhospitable places, mountain tops… Where they eke out an existence for thousands of years, I think it’s led to some wierd theory that if you keep something half starved it lives twice as long… Anyone ever heard anything like this? And if so- could it apply to autoflowers>? - dunno- maybe I just smoke too much :rofl:

1 Like

No, it’s an auto flower. It’s going to grow until it’s genes tell it not to, then it’s going to flower.

1 Like

Ure smoking to much , and watching to much Tik Toc… HAHHAHHAHAHA

1 Like

59 days and not flowering that’s not an auto flower. I’ve had plants finish at 65. It’s possible you got a fast photo which is basically a photo crossed with an auto first generation.They will flower under 18 hours of light but have a 60 to 80 day veg and may try to reveg if the light duration isn’t dropped.

I’m making some of these now. (ISS x Chocolate Thai) x Fro-yo Auto Fem

1 Like

Well, I guess be carefull what you wish for… So I have mystery plants growing- and maybe no way to bring them to flower if they don’t do it on their own… I’m feeling a bit adrift here…

I had a pretty crappy Monday, till I got the mail this evening… thank you! I also ordered a seedling heat matt, so i will probably start them when that gets here in a couple days.

3 Likes

Grow them out until the other autos finish, so stop popping seeds for a bit, and then flip to 12/12. And take a bunch of clones while you’re at it.

I’m starting to see hairs on almost all of my plants; even some of my younger plants, was going to get some pics tomorrow, so I think they may be autos after all… I think I may have another problem…fungus gnats…
I seem to be infested with the fuckers…I thought they were just a nuisance…but in some deeper reading,the larva eat roots… I think that may have stunted my plants too… I also think since I warmed up the FG have gone into overdrive… thoughts?

1 Like

Get mosquito dunks. Mix a quarter of one with 2 gallons water let it sit a day and water your plants. Two applications is all it takes.

3 Likes

You can also break up the dunks and top dress them as well. Watering with spinosad will also work.

3 Likes

I ordered mosquito bits ( same as dunks) they get here friday… Just looked at my shit in the morning light-- I agree the skywalkers are not auto’s-- tried to look up the vendor and details-- they now only have a skwalker og photo on the menu-- so I think thats what I have. But to be honest-- my shit looks terrible I still seem to be growing in spurts–a week or so of good— then droopy, color fade, small leaves…just…a failure to thrive.

Even the blackjack auto’s which are at 40-44 days from sprout (2) and then at 38 days (4)… They are tiny but hairy and seem much more heathly-- just micro sized… But they don’t seem to but progressing.I,ll post some pictures…

The only good news I have is I managed to root some amazing cherry peppers, and some fig trees…

3 Likes

Got current pics?